More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

tylerjames515

Re: Shameless self promotion

Post by tylerjames515 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:39 pm

Varg wrote:
tylerjames515 wrote:Now, do this in a live setting with an actual band and I might be impressed or want to hear / see more. Bet you won't.

Way ahead of you. You didn't find it odd that there was a guitar recording with programmed drums in that third video?
Um, how does that constitute a live setting? Maybe you don't get it, post a video of yourself, playing, with an actual band.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:05 pm

Varg wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:Boring. Any clown can wank off on scale exercises really fast. Try again when you get some soul. This is much more impressive.

When's your next gig with a live band?
You do realize nobody actually visits the youtube links you post right? Every thread you create is nothing but a youtube video link, essentially with the same content. You don't even post commentary. WTF? You're every white suburban house-mom's dream to use as an example of why kids shouldn't smoke weed.
You seriously remind me of the future as it's presented in Idiocracy. Since you waste the majority of your life on youtube anyway, do yourself a favor and look it up.

Futhermore, if "any clown" can 'wank off scale exercises'- then DO IT. Put down the pipe, pick up your guitar, and with the few remaining neurons and cells in your brain put a video on youtube (shouldn't be an issue since you spend so much of your day there anyway) or shut the fuck up. Until you do so, don't even address me on this board.
FYI. Johnny Reeferseed and the High Rollers getting featured on HighTimes.com as the band of the weeks is more impressive than those self-wankery videos you posted. Maybe you could do some weight lifting technique videos or some shit next? Post those on YouTube? Show how much you can bench. I'm sure that'd be impressive too?

moltar

Post by moltar » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:08 pm

Nickyouredead wrote:Yo, check out my dog Bulb playin' his hot new track "Zyglrox"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGmzlhfI ... re=related
Bulb and Periphery destroy Varg.

edit: I guess this has been covered somewhere in Varg's dick stroking responses. Hey look Phrygian! Music school has finally paid off, you know your modes.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:37 am

tylerjames515 wrote:
Varg wrote:
tylerjames515 wrote:Now, do this in a live setting with an actual band and I might be impressed or want to hear / see more. Bet you won't.

Way ahead of you. You didn't find it odd that there was a guitar recording with programmed drums in that third video?
Um, how does that constitute a live setting? Maybe you don't get it, post a video of yourself, playing, with an actual band.

Maybe you don't get it....the reason a recording exists is because there is another guitar player who is learning it (via a live setting and gp5 tabs) and a vocalist writing lyrics over it, thus 'way ahead of you'.
Hopefully a drummer soon too, but the only one I know who could play this type of stuff is Joe from UDA.
moltar wrote:
Nickyouredead wrote:Yo, check out my dog Bulb playin' his hot new track "Zyglrox"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGmzlhfI ... re=related
Bulb and Periphery destroy Varg.

edit: I guess this has been covered somewhere in Varg's dick stroking responses. Hey look Phrygian! Music school has finally paid off, you know your modes.
And clearly you don't understand modes, because they are worthless.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:55 am

Demiurge Into sounds like Dragon Warrior battle music.

-Joe.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:39 pm

you still live in hb?

inflaymes

Post by inflaymes » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Mr. Mansoor is pretty awesome...I have one of his posts from John Petrucci forum on my phone as a ringtone.

Varg, I do understand what you are doing...you are good and everything is played very clean. Nice job. I would like to hear some song fragments with harmonies, etc. if you have any.

I also agree that playing for the sake of playing things like that is boring...and no Joe from UDA is not the only one that can play things like that.

By the way..I have almost the same setup but I despise the ISP decimator pedal.. (Engl SE) I still use my NS-2 because it doesn't break up as the signal decays like the ISP does. Are you routing yours through the effects loop or dummy plugging it? 230 dollar pedal sitting in my rack...useless, it's nice and shiny though...I like shiny things!

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:12 pm

inx515xhell wrote:you still live in hb?
No.
inflaymes wrote: Varg, I do understand what you are doing...you are good and everything is played very clean. Nice job. I would like to hear some song fragments with harmonies, etc. if you have any.
I do, but the majority of them are in GP5 files which I don't send out.
I also agree that playing for the sake of playing things like that is boring...and no Joe from UDA is not the only one that can play things like that.
In the IA area? Yes, he is the only one. And if you know of someone else, I would very much like to know who it is.
By the way..I have almost the same setup but I despise the ISP decimator pedal.. (Engl SE) I still use my NS-2 because it doesn't break up as the signal decays like the ISP does. Are you routing yours through the effects loop or dummy plugging it? 230 dollar pedal sitting in my rack...useless, it's nice and shiny though...I like shiny things!
I'm not using a Decimator pedal, I'm using a Pro Rack G. The pedal is good, much better than the NS2 from my experience, but the rack version is better. I'm guessing you're running it through your signal chain wrong if you're having issues. You can only run the rack through the FX loop.
The Decimator is the best piece of equipment I own and there is no way I could or would use an ENGL without running a Decimator with it.

This is what it looks like:

Very basic setup. It's all I need. The only thing I'm going to add is an Eventide Pitchfactor- after the New Year. I'll also have to add a MIDI footcontroller to run that though.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

inflaymes

Post by inflaymes » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:42 pm

I'll share some of my noodlings with ya some time. I need to get a flip cam or something.

I actually talked to the guy at ISP, there are several ways to run the pedal. You can dummy plug it and run it the same way you run the NS-2 in front of the amp. It just doesn't sound right hooked up correctly in the fx loop. When it starts to kick in it gets all fizzy sounding, because it's a time based decay unlike the ns-2.

inflaymes

Post by inflaymes » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:13 pm

by the way Varg...are you going for a Chris Feener look? You look just like him with that goatee!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8chdXtKjyk

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:36 pm

bummer, wanted to party and do coke with varg.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:48 am

inx515xhell wrote:bummer, wanted to lift and do roids with varg.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:38 am

Nick wrote: Maybe you could do some weight lifting technique videos or some shit next? Post those on YouTube? Show how much you can bench. I'm sure that'd be impressive too?
Sounds good, maybe Friday if my shoulders feel like cooperating.
inx515xhell wrote:bummer, wanted to party and do coke with varg.
I don't do coke, but I can get you hooked up out there if you need it.

zach krook

Post by zach krook » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Varg wrote:
inx515xhell wrote:bummer, wanted to party and do coke with varg.
I don't do coke, but I can get you hooked up out there if you need it.
FUCK YEAH.
Persona non grata