More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

tylerjames515

Fare Thee Well

Post by tylerjames515 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:22 pm

My friend Dan (of Nothing To Nothing) messaged me and wants to know what is going on, and hopefully make amends cause they'd like to come through again.

Who/what happened / is there still beef?

"Hey dude,
So how do people feel about Fare Thee Well in Des Moines? I don't know if all that stuff got smashed or what. But we're looking to come through there Jan 11th but then gabe reminded me that people were not partically happy with them.
let me know whats up and see if we can take care of that... I'm looking forward to being there in November. I had a blast last time.
Love,
Dan"
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

jjjsXe

Re: Fare Thee Well

Post by jjjsXe » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:27 pm

tylerjames515 wrote: is there still beef?
NOT VEGAN
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:32 pm

I can get you some pita if you'd like.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:42 pm

They stole a bunch of shit and were dumb asses about sending it back when confronted about it. Shit is still missing as far as I know.

-Joe.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:48 pm

Joe wrote:They stole a bunch of shit and were dumb asses about sending it back when confronted about it. Shit is still missing as far as I know.

-Joe.
Um, from what I know we didn't know who stole everything. Gabe found the mic he mistakenly took and offered to send it back. What else is missing? If they had it, it would have been returned.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:57 pm

Um, IIRC the other shit that was stolen was directly on top of or under the mic that was taken. Ask Nate, he knows more than I do.

-Joe.

Thom

Post by Thom » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:44 pm

My bass shit pedals/cords/power sources were stolen. They were siting directly on top of the microphone the dude sent back. I was nice about it when he sent it back, seeing how I wanted to get the mic back, but now that that's been done, fucking asshole stole my shit.

If you book this band tyler, it will be a mistake. They will fuck up the haunted basement, or they will steal something and everyone will be pissed.

Plus, if they play here, I'll be coming to get my shit back from them.

moltar

Post by moltar » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:09 pm

If these guys want to drop off an sm57 and a handful of pedals, knock yourselves out.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Thom wrote:My bass shit pedals/cords/power sources were stolen. They were siting directly on top of the microphone the dude sent back. I was nice about it when he sent it back, seeing how I wanted to get the mic back, but now that that's been done, fucking asshole stole my shit.

If you book this band tyler, it will be a mistake. They will fuck up the haunted basement, or they will steal something and everyone will be pissed.

I understand your concerns, but I can promise you that THIS won't happen. Nothing To Nothing came through in September and didn't ruin anything. They are really grateful and love the venue so maybe that should have just been left out.

I know you're annoyed / pissed off/ whatever it is that your stuff got stolen but couldn't it be true that it was possibly mistakenly grabbed?

Nate, what other pedals is it you're talking about? I'm not trying to start an argument...just trying to resolve this situation.

Nickyouredead

Post by Nickyouredead » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:45 pm

I still think everyone is really fucking mistaken. Fare Thee Well is just Gabe, Lee, Jeff, and Jesse now. They wouldn't steal from anyone. That night was full of randoms stumbling in and out of every room. Just because Fare Thee Well was there, and somehow got ahold of the wrong sm57 doesn't mean they took everything.

Didn't they try to send the mic back? I am sure they would bring it if that never happened.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:59 pm

When first confronted about taking the mic in a very calm and nice way, they acted offended that we would even consider the idea of them taking the shit... as in, they over reacted to "hey, maybe on accident you guys might've grabbed some of the HB's stuff". They "looked" but couldn't find it. Only AFTER talking with them a second time and telling them that that specific mic was important to the scene as it was used to record shows and local bands did they change their story and then "find" the mic. Then instead of sending the mic back to the Haunted Basement, they went and got people in other cities involved in this little situation that didn't need to be involved at all.

I mean, that sucks if they didn't take that other shit and grabbed that mic on accident (even though the other shit that is missing was directly on top of the mic that was grabbed) but the way they reacted to everything and got other people involved was so fucking SUSPECT that I don't even give a shit.

-Joe.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:03 pm

sounds like a legit suspision to me...i would have been offended if i was confronted and didnt really take anything...but that second half of the story was kinda sketchy...i mean, 1 of the doods coulda taken it without the others knowing...then the one dood could have 'found it'...hmmm sucks shit like that happens, you should have to feel like you need to keep an eye on the bands and the equipment your letting people use...thats why i quit doing shit in my basement...people cant respect other peeps gear...

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:09 pm

Joe wrote:When first confronted about taking the mic in a very calm and nice way, they acted offended that we would even consider the idea of them taking the shit... as in, they over reacted to "hey, maybe on accident you guys might've grabbed some of the HB's stuff". They "looked" but couldn't find it. Only AFTER talking with them a second time and telling them that that specific mic was important to the scene as it was used to record shows and local bands did they change their story and then "find" the mic. Then instead of sending the mic back to the Haunted Basement, they went and got people in other cities involved in this little situation that didn't need to be involved at all.

I mean, that sucks if they didn't take that other shit and grabbed that mic on accident (even though the other shit that is missing was directly on top of the mic that was grabbed) but the way they reacted to everything and got other people involved was so fucking SUSPECT that I don't even give a shit.

-Joe.
I know that I personally would be angry if someone came at me that way and I hadn't done anything wrong or sketchy. Accusing them because it was in the same room as other equipment kind of sucks because it could have been mistaken as gear and picked up. I'm sure this isn't the first time it has ever happened.

Who else got involved? I know they were bummed out and talked to the Take Control guys cause they are friends...but otherwise what are you talking about?

The point is, they care enough to make the situation right so we should also instead of just write them off as thieves...

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:47 pm

You would be angry if someone asked you to check and see if you accidentally grabbed something by mistake that is important to someone else? Really? I know I'd be sympathetic as fuck and check immediately to see if I made a mistake, but that's just me.

Fare Thee Well wasn't "accused" of stealing shit in the beginning. They were asked if they had mistakenly grabbed something that wasn't theres. Big difference there guys.

-Joe.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:56 pm

Thom wrote:My bass shit pedals/cords/power sources were stolen. They were siting directly on top of the microphone the dude sent back. I was nice about it when he sent it back, seeing how I wanted to get the mic back, but now that that's been done, fucking asshole stole my shit.

So what is it that you are still missing that you need back? As Nick said no one would intentionally steal your things. If they have it, it'd have been returned.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:58 pm

Joe wrote:You would be angry if someone asked you to check and see if you accidentally grabbed something by mistake that is important to someone else? Really? I know I'd be sympathetic as fuck and check immediately to see if I made a mistake, but that's just me.

Fare Thee Well wasn't "accused" of stealing shit in the beginning. They were asked if they had mistakenly grabbed something that wasn't theres. Big difference there guys.

-Joe.
It is already hammered in people's heads this band stole everything that was in that room. This is fairly obvious, but it's a mistake.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:11 pm

let me clarify...not sketchy on your half or story telling...sketchy on what they did...i agree with you on this....from the story ive heard anyways...

moltar

Post by moltar » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:11 pm

Here's the story since everyone seems a little hazy.

Chris Pretzels was running this show. He decided to have FTW load their gear into my room without asking me. My room was not prepared at all for this, so it was thrashed and valuables left handy. FTW crammed their gear in which left enough room to maybe open the door. Note, this should eliminate the traffic idea. After the show, the two recording microphones on top of the coffee table and three pedals left readily on the floor were gone. Net losses would have been around a grand. After getting on these guys about the situation, they located the higher end mic and returned it. So, we lost $400 of gear give or take.

If these guys play here, it needs to be a benifit for the house. Otherwise, I have no interest in this.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:55 pm

moltar wrote:Here's the story since everyone seems a little hazy.

Chris Pretzels was running this show. He decided to have FTW load their gear into my room without asking me. My room was not prepared at all for this, so it was thrashed and valuables left handy. FTW crammed their gear in which left enough room to maybe open the door. Note, this should eliminate the traffic idea. After the show, the two recording microphones on top of the coffee table and three pedals left readily on the floor were gone. Net losses would have been around a grand. After getting on these guys about the situation, they located the higher end mic and returned it. So, we lost $400 of gear give or take.

If these guys play here, it needs to be a benifit for the house. Otherwise, I have no interest in this.

Your room is always crammed with shit at every show. I have never seen it "prepared" when people put gear in there. There is ALWAYS crap of all kinds all over the place in your room at every show I have ever been at. I have never seen it clear for bands to put stuff in. I just assume that people put their gear in your room because it is the closest and not behind the playing area. I always put my shit in your room without asking, am I wrong for doing this? And I always have to move shit out of the way.

I am not trying to start shit, but...the Haunted Basement is kind of a hot spot for any sketchy fuckers to steal expensive gear. My stuff has been stolen from there too, but I left my things there knowing that some people are assholes.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Thom

Post by Thom » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Hey guys, here's what happened, exactly what happened, since I dealt with gabe(I think) directly about all this.

We had the show. It was fun. I like fare thee well, they used to have another band called shut it down that an old band of mine played with YEARS ago. They were awesome then, they were super nice at the haunted basement. Kids moshed, kids yelled, kids had fun.

Two days after the show nate reported to me that some shit had gone missing. We decided to call fare thee well to see if they had accidentally grabbed some shit on their way out. Nate said he suspected them of taking it. I said that I didn't think so since I had known them for a while (at the time I also suspected some shithead nu-metal kid, remember this is the era of "crow")

SO ANYWAYS, I called Gabe(I cant really remember?) and asked if he could check in their stuff, because we were missing a few things, and said that I knew things were kind of hectic at the show, and shit gets crazy. It was a very pleasant conversation, he said he would look around. Later that night he called and said that when they were setting up they found the super expensive microphone, and that he would mail it back, and that he was really sorry. I gave him my address and about 2 weeks later there it was on my doorstep. end of story?

Well next thing I know I read that I called them accusing them of "stealing this" and "stealing that" when that couldn't have been further from the truth, in fact our conversation ended with me saying "you are always welcome in iowa." FEELING GUILTY MUCH?

The fact is, all the shit that went missing was siting in the same pile (including the microphone that was sent back).

I still don't want to believe that they took anything of ours on purpose, because they are such nice guys.

sorry for the length. Point is, book them if you want, I don't care. I like the band, a lot. Hell I'll even come. I feel bad for even saying anything bad about them, really. We got the most expensive item back, and that's what's important. I've replaced what was important to me, and I know the nate will survive without his microphone. Worse shit has happened.

moltar

Post by moltar » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:50 pm

jjjsxe: I'll take the time to make the space and store my stuff when I know it's going to be used and the storage is needed. We've just had empty rooms for quite a while. Notice where there isn't crap all over the place? Most of the house.

Thom: Ever stopped and thought to whom funds would go from a benefit show of this nature? Not to mention that would kill all of this. But I guess you need to hand FTW the fifty bucks we get from door that bad. Also note, you don't live here anymore.

Tell me why I should let you throw any shows, Tyler. I don't see you cleaning up before or after any show, replacing damaged equipment, or paying any rent.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:50 am

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:45 am

hey guys i stole cams power amp and traded it for a five-foot bong that i accidentally shattered before i got one rip off of it

im really glad thats finally off my chest
Tu vir nunc es, canis

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:16 am

Nate, I didn't know you had a problem with me booking shows. I am pretty sure nothing has been broken at the few I have done...and I know I haven't broken anything. There was a time I cleaned up all the time...but I've been slacking since I don't drive anymore. If you don't want me booking, let me know.

As far as everything else goes I didn't mean to start a fight. Dan wanted to know if Fare Thee Well could come through but Gabe reminded him people were angry at them...so sorry for trying to fix the situation.

Thom

Post by Thom » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:11 pm

I have no illusions of living in the haunted basement. I just thought I would clearly outline what exactly happened from my point of view. I have no problem having a benefit for the haunted basement.

As in, me saying that I didn't care if he booked them was not me giving permission, it was me saying "I wont talk shit, and I won't be a jackass about it." not "yeah tyler, the haunted basement is okay with this." I don't feel like anyone needs my permission to do shit.