More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Beaver

Next big Iowa band

Post by Beaver » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:09 pm

Holy crap. I guess they are playing mews on Friday. lolz. They are f/ Cedar Rapids. I guess not much else needs to be said except someone call Zarrie and tell him these dudes stole his shtick. Oh and check out thier sweet names:

http://www.myspace.com/gravecorps

Straight out of the middle of nowhere Iowa, comes Grave Corps. The band is driven to write anthems and entertain, with their unique blend of Punk and Sleaze Rock with a Horror movie twist. They have influences like Motley Crue, The Misfits, AFI, and Guns n Roses all the way to the band Thursday. They thrill audiences with their high energy stage show, which consists of blood, strobe lights, platform boxes, coffins, and other Halloween imagery. Not to mention a plethora of chant worthy songs that keeps the audience singing along through the whole set.

The band consists of Arly Von, lead vocalist and the ultimate front man. Arly's uncanny voice is melodic yet gritty. Kodie Krypt on drums and vocals, he is a hard hitter and a great showmen. Together with Matt Massacre on bass and vocals they make up a solid rhythm section reminiscent of a young Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee. On guitars and vocals are Scott A.D. who delivers fast solid punk styled rhythm playing and Zacky Massacre with his shredding leads and memorable solos that add the perfect amount of sleaze to the songs. Last but not least is Erich Allan Poe who handles keyboards and lead vocals. Erich’s keys and great vocal melodies give Grave Corps’ sound a pleasant and unique twist that rounds out the band.

Grave Corps has only been around since October 2007 and has already become one of the bigger bands in the state of Iowa. They have opened for legendary 80’s rock bands like L.A. Guns, Britny Fox, Faster Pussycat, and Steven Adler formerly of Guns n Roses. Not to mention horror punk legends like Michale Graves formerly of the Misfits, Wednesday 13, The AKA’s, Saves the Day, Alkaline Trio, Dope, Soil, and Creature Feature.

In their relatively short existence they gathered a fair amount of buzz on MySpace and sparked the interest of horror punk label, Crypt of Blood Records. Who as of February 2009 signed the band. They have since parted ways with each other and Grave Corps is currently looking for a new label to release their horror anthems to the masses!

inx515xhell

Re: Next big Iowa band

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:21 pm

was gonna say i worked a show for these assholes.....but that was STAB CORPS

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:28 pm

i think people from the cedar falls board went to one of their shows to make fun of them.

i could be way off though.

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:43 pm

something about that tv show wife swap, i think

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Alkaline Trio is a horror punk band? Hmmm...never knew that.

I only wish this band was a joke.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:37 pm

So I went and checked out their MySpace and not only is the song "Zombie Bride" embarrassing lyrically, it might also have the most awful drum beat I've ever heard. Oooof.

moltar

Post by moltar » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:51 pm

Grave Corps wrote:Graveyard Peepshow
all the zombie girls dance on iron crosses
platforms made out of wooden coffins
all the vampire girls get up and shake your asses
line right up for the official strip show of the black masses
fuck yeah
it’s where I wanna go
‘cuz every ghoul that I know
goes to the graveyard peepshow
graveyard peepshow
all you Lycan whores come up to the stage
something out of a horror mag right off the page
all you monster sluts get up and shake your butts
beautiful stitched up face and leaking out your guts
fuck yeah
http://www.gravecorps.com/discography/b ... de-lyrics/

lukerauch

Post by lukerauch » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:50 pm

while we're on the subject....
http://www.myspace.com/bloodonthedancefloor

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:09 pm

AWWWWW NIGGA THAT'S A DUUUUUUUUUDE!

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:27 pm

haha i love you, tyler.

noel_nothing

Post by noel_nothing » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:17 am

the worst thing about these guys, besides their botched misfits covers, is the fact that they put more into their makeup & clothes than their music. i think they've single handedly put hot topic profits in the red for the past 4 years.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:20 am

mother fuck.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:57 am

is that inflaymes?

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:34 am

Hahah, this is great. After discovering this band yesterday and loving it, you're now the second person within 24 hours to ask me if I've heard them.

Their band description ("plethora of chant worthy songs") is the absolute lamest one I've ever heard in my life. It sounds like one of their moms looked at a How To book and wrote it for them.

maxxwell
Always Touring

Post by maxxwell » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:38 pm

i played with this band once...and did not stay to watch. i regret this every day now after seeing the coffins & blood thing hahah
iON TOUR MOSSSSSST OF THE TIME - http://www.myspace.com/senderreceiver

ImageImage

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:41 pm

"The ultimate front man..." lmao.

moltar

Post by moltar » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:07 pm

From the editting it looks like the second guy from the right has claws.

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:45 pm

moltar wrote:From the editting it looks like the second guy from the right has claws.
I like the guy on the far left who's looking at his armband, it looks like he's saying "where do guys think I should put this armband? Does it look good here, or maybe here?"

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:21 pm

These guys still look cooler than that "when I dream a dream I dream" band with the kid who worked at Hu-Hot and prays in every picture. Maybe.

jessep

Post by jessep » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:28 pm

Grave Corps has only been around since October 2007 and has already become one of the bigger bands in the state of Iowa. They have opened for legendary 80’s rock bands like L.A. Guns, Britny Fox, Faster Pussycat, and Steven Adler formerly of Guns n Roses. Not to mention horror punk legends like Michale Graves formerly of the Misfits, Wednesday 13, The AKA’s, Saves the Day Alkaline Trio, Dope, Soil, and Creature Feature.

:lol:
Last edited by jessep on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Beaver wrote: Grave Corps has only been around since October 2007 and has already become one of the bigger bands in the state of Iowa. They have opened for legendary 80’s rock bands like L.A. Guns, Britny Fox, Faster Pussycat, and Steven Adler formerly of Guns n Roses. Not to mention horror punk legends like Michale Graves formerly of the Misfits, Wednesday 13, The AKA’s, Saves the Day, Alkaline Trio, Dope, Soil, and Creature Feature.

In their relatively short existence they gathered a fair amount of buzz on MySpace and sparked the interest of horror punk label, Crypt of Blood Records. Who as of February 2009 signed the band. They have since parted ways with each other and Grave Corps is currently looking for a new label to release their horror anthems to the masses!
Notice how they say "bigger bands" instead of "biggest bands"?

I used to love it when I'd read press releases and the band would list who they opened for and it would be the same routing that came through Des Moines over the past year or so. So I'm guessing that there is only a handful of bands in your town to support every tour that comes through and you're really tight with the promoter?

Love this, "Who as of February 2009 signed the band. They have since parted ways with each other" - really means we had a project deal and the label dumped us as soon as they realized there was no way to sell the record. By the way, am I the only one that has never heard of Blood Crypt Records?

I think Joey's band Muddrerdolls should beat these guys up for stealing their clothes and awful influences.

Oh and when was Dope a horror punk band?
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:32 pm

I think that's just poor writing and they're not really trying to say that Alkaline Trio and Soil are horror punk bands.

JoePreppy
Go Go Gadget Shoe Phone

Post by JoePreppy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:59 pm

jesus, did you guys catch their 'manager?' Don't fret, she's a legit manager... at the McDonalds in Wavery, Iowa. http://www.myspace.com/karlamcd
check her 'companies'....to fucking easy.

Toad on the right

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:17 pm

DaVo wrote: Love this, "Who as of February 2009 signed the band. They have since parted ways with each other" - really means we had a project deal and the label dumped us as soon as they realized there was no way to sell the record. By the way, am I the only one that has never heard of Blood Crypt Records?
It probably wasnt even a real label, rather some goon w/ a myspace page who lived in another state. "Labels" ahahahah like you get instant credibility by throwing that around. When will people learn?

jessep

Post by jessep » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:20 pm

Speaking of amazing Iowa bands, am I the only one who's never heard these guys?

http://www.myspace.com/destrophy

Keep pumping out them quality bands Victory.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:53 pm

Oh man. That band is BULLSHIT. Their drummer is a major fag. I saw him over the summer with his sweet faux quaf and mesh cut off shirt telling some people he just came from a photo shoot. I laughed really loud and he gave me a mean mug. He was constantly flexin his arms too. extra lol. I saw this dude almost get his ass kicked multiple time at Mary's. The singer is a fag too. ALWAYS posing.

EDIT: THis GUY! Haha

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:02 pm

speaking of shit bands i used to work shows for......
jesus.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:24 pm

Beaver wrote:Oh man. That band is BULLSHIT. Their drummer is a major fag. I saw him over the summer with his sweet faux quaf and mesh cut off shirt telling some people he just came from a photo shoot. I laughed really loud and he gave me a mean mug. He was constantly flexin his arms too. extra lol. I saw this dude almost get his ass kicked multiple time at Mary's. The singer is a fag too. ALWAYS posing.

EDIT: THis GUY! Haha
i think i said this before but i was with this guy in jail. he was in there for beating his wife.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:29 pm

JoePreppy wrote:jesus, did you guys catch their 'manager?' Don't fret, she's a legit manager... at the McDonalds in Wavery, Iowa. http://www.myspace.com/karlamcd
check her 'companies'....to fucking easy.

Toad on the right

Bahahahahaha....

Thom

Post by Thom » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:05 pm

Destrophy has been around forever it seems. They have and always will be awful. I was almost floored when I found out they were signed to victory. I guess I just don't understand.