More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Nick

Re: Want Reeferseed to play at Smashburger? Vote today!

Post by Nick » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:41 am

joseph wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:Unfortunately, the Smashburger bucks they gave us can't be used to buy beer.
sorry but thats bullshit.
Why? Most places put "restrictions" on alcohol purchases with gift certificates/gift cards or whatever. Doesn't seem too out of hand to me?

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:28 pm

Nick wrote:
joseph wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:Unfortunately, the Smashburger bucks they gave us can't be used to buy beer.
sorry but thats bullshit.
Why? Most places put "restrictions" on alcohol purchases with gift certificates/gift cards or whatever. Doesn't seem too out of hand to me?
because the money is going to the business regardless of purchase. youre getting back into cop territory. just because everybody else does it doesnt make it right.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm

It's a state law that holders of liquor licenses can't give out coupons or have promotions for free alcohol. Just like at Hy Vee, if they screw up when they scan your item it'd free unless it's alcohol or tobacco.

I think it's bullshit too, but you'd have to write to tyour lawmakers to bitch about it.
I poop on Petland!

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:46 pm

any decent person wouldnt enforce it...

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:56 pm

joseph wrote: because the money is going to the business regardless of purchase. youre getting back into cop territory. just because everybody else does it doesnt make it right.
I didn't say I agree with the policy. I just said I didn't see it as out of the ordinary. I didn't even realize it was state law, like JRS said. I just knew a lot of places had alcohol restrictions. I think it's bullshit too. I fucking hate Chilis' and I have a $25 gift card to there in my wallet. All I want to do is go and drink beers with it, but I can't.

crow

Post by crow » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:38 pm

Nick wrote:I fucking hate Chilis' and I have a $25 gift card to there in my wallet. All I want to do is go and drink beers with it, but I can't.
that seems completely different than a free promotion. you should be able to buy whatever with a gift card as it's basically the same as cash.
"boobiez and buttz"
- u-god of the wu tang clan

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:51 pm

We could all put on a protest at the Capitol to demand that free booze be legalized.

And I also want to petition the NFL to legalize pass interference.
I poop on Petland!

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:23 pm

crow wrote:
Nick wrote:I fucking hate Chilis' and I have a $25 gift card to there in my wallet. All I want to do is go and drink beers with it, but I can't.
you should be able to buy whatever with a gift card as it's basically the same as cash.
Yep. It's pretty much bullshit, huh?