More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Christian/Newsom Murder Trial on Now.

Post by El Rhino » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:32 am

I believe we had a thread about this when it happened two years ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_ ... her_Newsom

Basically a couple of white college students in their early 20's were carjacked and abducted in Knoxville, TN by three black men and one black woman. Within the first day the male (Chris Newsom) was repeatedly raped in front of his girlfriend (and she was raped in front of him as well) and then they tied him up and set him on fire. The girl, Channon Christian was kept for four days and raped, tortured and mutilated. Eventually they poured bleach down her throat to "get rid of the evidence" and stuffed her into a trash can to suffocate her. This case pretty much only saw the light of day outside of Knoxville due to internet news sources, nowhere near the amount of coverage and sympathy as 60 black kids being denied a pool.

So anyways, you can watch the trial live if you're interested:
http://www.wbir.com/video/breakingvideo.aspx

I'm not a big fan of watching court cases, but this one is actually interesting and I've been watching a lot of it over the past couple of dyas.

joseph

Re: Christian/Newsom Murder Trial on Now.

Post by joseph » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:39 am

i remember the story. dont remember much about the thread...

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Would you give a shit if the rapists were Polish and the victims were Cambodian?
I poop on Petland!

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:53 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:Would you give a shit if the rapists were Polish and the victims were Cambodian?
would anybody?

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:09 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:Would you give a shit if the rapists were Polish and the victims were Cambodian?
If they were Polish they would've just given them a bruised belly button.

To answer your question, yes, I would care as any human would/should.... but we all know if it were whites doing a crime like this on any minority group the coverage from the media and reaction from mainstream society would be very, very different than what this case is getting.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:11 pm

El Rhino wrote:.... but we all know if it were whites doing a crime like this on any minority group the coverage from the media and reaction from mainstream society would be very, very different than what this case is getting.