More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

cam

5 lb. burger challenge

Post by cam » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:49 pm

does anyone know of any close. i have a friend from cedar falls/iowa city named brett maddux that claims he can do it no problem.
i want to put him to the challenge... i know i could try to make one at home but it will be fun to go to a restaurant.

the grandma max's one is only 3 lb. and i did that when i was like 15 so i know he could do it no problemo...looking for a 5 pounder.

if not in iowa how about illinois, minnesota, missouri, or nebraska?

Nick

Re: 5 lb. burger challenge

Post by Nick » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:06 pm

I thought the Grandma Max's burger was 4 lbs? Anyway...not sure about a 5 pounder close by? I'd love to try this as well though. I am up for ANY challenge involving burgers.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:08 pm

i challenge you to fit ten pounds of burgers in your butt
Tu vir nunc es, canis

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:19 pm

i ate a 4 pound roast once. i dont think id try a 5 pound burger.

are you talking about the patty or the whole thing?
doesnt red robin do this?

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:25 pm

crow

Post by crow » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:26 pm

"boobiez and buttz"
- u-god of the wu tang clan

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:30 pm

servo wrote:i challenge you to fit ten pounds of burgers in your butt
Challenge accepted. Bring them all to the HB Saturday night.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:31 pm

that did it for me. next meatloaf i make im packing it with cheese

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:17 am

Call Mr Filet downtown. They might make this for you. I have seen them make 15 egg omelets before for people doing challenges..

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:04 pm

cam wrote:does anyone know of any close. i have a friend from cedar falls/iowa city named brett maddux that claims he can do it no problem.
i want to put him to the challenge... i know i could try to make one at home but it will be fun to go to a restaurant.

the grandma max's one is only 3 lb. and i did that when i was like 15 so i know he could do it no problemo...looking for a 5 pounder.

if not in iowa how about illinois, minnesota, missouri, or nebraska?
any luck?

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:17 am

Double Coronary Burger
Restaurant: The Vortex Bar & Grill, Atlanta, GA
Cost: $13.25 with your choice of sides and a dill pickle
What's inside: Not for the faint of stomach, this flame-broiled half-pound patty of premium ground sirloin is topped with two fried eggs, four slices of American cheese, and 5 strips of crispy bacon, with two grilled American cheese sandwiches replacing the traditional buns and a big ole side of mayo. Two lunches in one!
I poop on Petland!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:20 am

Mallie's Record-Breaking Burger
Restaurant: Mallie's Sports Grill, Southgate, MI
Cost: $499, 72 hours advance notice
What's inside: This burger brings new meaning to the word "Whopper." At 185.6 pounds, this patty requires four grown men to hoist it into the oven, where it cooks for 14 hours. The nearly 120 pounds of ground round beef is wedged between a custom bun — the top and bottom each weighing in at 20 pounds. When done, it's stacked with 30 pounds of toppings: lettuce, tomato, onions, cheese, bacon, and, of course, pickles and condiments. A burger of champions.
I poop on Petland!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:22 am

Matt's Original Jucy Lucy
Restaurant: Matt's Bar, Minneapolis, MN
Cost: $4.95
What's inside: This cheese lover's burger couldn't be simpler or more delicious. The Jucy Lucy joins two seasoned raw hamburger patties around balled-up slices of Kraft American cheese. When it all cooks, the creamy cheese meets the meat juices and melts into gooey greatness. Tip: If you want to replicate this at home, don't use a grill; use a skillet or flat top to keep the cheese from dripping down.
I poop on Petland!

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:32 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:Image

Double Coronary Burger
What's inside: Not for the faint of stomach, this flame-broiled half-pound patty of premium ground sirloin is topped with two fried eggs, four slices of American cheese, and 5 strips of crispy bacon, with two grilled American cheese sandwiches replacing the traditional buns and a big ole side of mayo. Two lunches in one!
WANT

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:15 pm

joseph wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:Image

Double Coronary Burger
WANT
Yeah...that looks pretty amazing!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:08 pm

I'm thinking of going to B & B and seeing if they'll make me one, or I suppose my lazy ass could make one myself.
I poop on Petland!

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:34 am

Anybody tried The Adam Emmenecker sandwich from Jethro's BBQ? It looks pretty damn good.

Between the top and bottom of an average-sized bun you'll find:

Two halves of Jethro's huge tenderloin, an 8-ounce Angus steak burger topped with melted cheddar cheese, 8 ounces of Texas brisket, several slices of applewood-smoked bacon, two large buffalo chicken tenders, two squares of fried cheese and a ladleful of white cheddar sauce.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:46 am

Nick wrote:Anybody tried The Adam Emmenecker sandwich from Jethro's BBQ? It looks pretty damn good.

Between the top and bottom of an average-sized bun you'll find:

Two halves of Jethro's huge tenderloin, an 8-ounce Angus steak burger topped with melted cheddar cheese, 8 ounces of Texas brisket, several slices of applewood-smoked bacon, two large buffalo chicken tenders, two squares of fried cheese and a ladleful of white cheddar sauce.
that just doesnt sound good to me. im all about burgers and gluttony but id prefer a sandwich or 4 i can eat with my hands.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:21 pm

joseph wrote: that just doesnt sound good to me. im all about burgers and gluttony but id prefer a sandwich or 4 i can eat with my hands.
I do think the bbq beef brisket seems a little out of place on the sandwich, but everything else sounds like it would pair together greatly. I might try this sometime soon.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:24 pm

Nick wrote:
joseph wrote: that just doesnt sound good to me. im all about burgers and gluttony but id prefer a sandwich or 4 i can eat with my hands.
I do think the bbq beef brisket seems a little out of place on the sandwich, but everything else sounds like it would pair together greatly. I might try this sometime soon.
i like brisket. its just too big at once. id be all about trying the 5 pound challange but with like 10 sandwiches. and the idea of cutting a tenderloin in half so it fits in the bun angers me for some insane reason.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:44 pm

The whole idea of filling a burger with lots of outlandish ingredients is having them all together in one bite, battling for supremacy over your taste buds. If you can't get a solid vertical bite with every layer included, the burger has failed you.

I plan on making a burger with grilled cheese buns sometime soon. Can't believe I didn't think of that myself, especially considering I eat grilled cheese sandwiches all the dang time.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!