More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Nick

Top 10 new school thrash bands

Post by Nick » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:59 pm

As reviewed by Noisecreep.com.....figured some of you would enjoy reading about this?

http://www.noisecreep.com/2009/07/29/to ... ash-bands/

Nick

Re: Top 10 new school thrash bands

Post by Nick » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:08 pm

I'm not a huge metal fan, but that Blood Tsunami band is really good.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:24 pm

do not want.

i know im pulling a davo but this bores the piss out of me. some of these bands are good but i dont have any interest and i dont care.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:44 pm

zzz.

Skeletonwitch is the only band I can deal with anymore on that list. I used to think they were so boring, but I saw them recently at the Picador again and they were on it this time around.

Toxic Holocaust sucks hard now.

-Joe.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:42 pm

Skeletonwitch is tough for me, because I recognize that they're awesome, but whenever I listen to their album I get bored pretty fast. It makes me realize that I don't really like metal, I just like styles that borrow from metal.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:42 pm

joseph wrote:do not want.

i know im pulling a davo but this bores the piss out of me. some of these bands are good but i dont have any interest and i dont care.
Dude....if you are pulling the jaded old metal guy card, that Corrupt band sounds pretty old school if you ask me. Other than the vocals I guess, but those riffs...fucking ancient. Especially on that song "Profit's Prevailed."

http://www.myspace.com/corruptsweden

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:58 pm

elliot wrote:Skeletonwitch is tough for me, because I recognize that they're awesome, but whenever I listen to their album I get bored pretty fast.
It's a kinda boring album. It's all about the live show now. Hopefully their new album will be good.

-Joe.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:17 pm

Joe wrote:
elliot wrote:Skeletonwitch is tough for me, because I recognize that they're awesome, but whenever I listen to their album I get bored pretty fast.
It's a kinda boring album. It's all about the live show now. Hopefully their new album will be good.

-Joe.
Yeah, they were pretty tight at the Mews. I forgot how hard they made me headbang.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:44 am

Joe wrote:

-Joe.
The new album is a lot better than the first one. Although I haven't heard the final mix versions. If you're into that kind of stuff, you'll probably dig it.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:08 am

Nick wrote:
joseph wrote:do not want.

Dude....if you are pulling the jaded old metal guy card, that Corrupt band sounds pretty old school if you ask me. Other than the vocals I guess, but those riffs...fucking ancient. Especially on that song "Profit's Prevailed."

http://www.myspace.com/corruptsweden
yes im using that card.

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:32 pm

joseph wrote: yes im using that card.
Don't be so hard on yourself.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:16 pm

Nick wrote:
joseph wrote: yes im using that card.
Don't be so hard on yourself.
i like thrash. but its hard for me to add new bands to it. this newer est wave of it i would really call it "wanna be speed metal" but coming from when i got into thrash im sure it would be different for everybody else.

i like emo. but that swoop shit and white belts aint emo to me. its babies crying cause their mom lets them.
so its hard for me to try and like "new" bands playing shit that i got into and over with 20 years ago. im not saying theyre bad bands its just the old " i seen blah blah blah before they were born so blah blah blah..."(incoherent old man rambles)