More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Nick

Booking shows at The Mews??

Post by Nick » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Anyone know how this usually works? Do they book their own stuff? Anyone know who to contact?

Also, so is the verdict that the DMSC is a bunk venue? In other words, would you book a show there in the future or fuck no?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Re: Booking shows at The Mews??

Post by Varg » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:45 am

You have NO future in music if you couldn't figure this shit out on your own.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:59 am

Uhhh...you failed DMACC, dude. You also have an Ann Coulter avatar. You have NO future in life. In fact, you've already failed it.

Anyway, I've tried contacting the Mews via the "booking" e-mail address on their site in the past, but never heard back from them. This was months ago though. Is it best to just go down and talk to someone/call?

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:37 am

It is through email.

Be persistent.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:52 am

aeon grey wrote:It is through email.

Be persistent.
Thanks, dude. I'll try that route again.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:22 pm

Varg wrote:You have NO future in music if you couldn't figure this shit out on your own.
So, when is your next gig?
I poop on Petland!

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:35 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
Varg wrote:You have NO future in music if you couldn't figure this shit out on your own.
hahahhahahah

jnice

Post by jnice » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:49 pm

I would recommend talking to Ladd in person.
A has-been who never was.

MATT MUTT

Post by MATT MUTT » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:18 pm

as far as the DMSC I plan on doing a show there sometime in the big room. I wouldn't wast time in the small room with the bar in it, it sux! the big room needs at least 100 people in it or the place echos like crazy. also you'll need more PA equiptment then what they supply. it's a huge room. monitors are almost a must I think. I couldn't hear shit when we played.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:30 pm

Nick wrote:Uhhh...you failed DMACC, dude. You also have an Ann Coulter avatar. You have NO future in life. In fact, you've already failed it.

Anyway, I've tried contacting the Mews via the "booking" e-mail address on their site in the past, but never heard back from them. This was months ago though. Is it best to just go down and talk to someone/call?

I graduated with a Bachelors degree, and did you do anything past high school? I'm going to go ahead and assume you havn't- and I will take it one step further and assume your high school failed you miserably since you can't even figure out what to do if someone doesn't answer an e-mail.

Yes...it is clearly I who is destined to fail life.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:08 pm

What a dick thing to say! Maybe he's not from here?

Nick are you even from here? I know when I first moved here I had no idea who booked shows there, but after attending a few shows/talking with people I got a rough idea, message boards help to!

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:32 pm

KY Jelly Belly wrote:
What a dick thing to say! Maybe he's not from here?

Nick are you even from here? I know when I first moved here I had no idea who booked shows there, but after attending a few shows/talking with people I got a rough idea, message boards help to!
I am from here, but as I've mentioned in the past, I only moved back a little over a year ago after living in Chicago for 5+ years. Before the Banner Pilot show I booked at the HB with servo, I had never booked anything in my life. So yeah...I am totally new to the whole booking shows thing. Hence why I seek the advice/guidance of those familiar with or who haved booked shows at these venues I asked about.

What better place to seek advice than from (what seems to be) the best place online to ask such questions, since a lot of people on here have years of experience books shows, playing in bands, knowing who to contact, etc in Des Moines? Seemed logical to me, since I don't really know many people outside of this board. Varg is just a dongbag. From what I can gather, that is typical, predictable and he is boring. Probably the least interesting person I've ever encountered online.

Also, I don't really have any intention to have a "future" in music (whatever that is supposed to mean). But, I will always jump at the chance to try and help any band out that contacts me and asks me about possibly helping them out getting a show. Especially when it is a band that is one of my favorites and went on to me about what a great time they had last time they played here and wanna do it again. We must have done something right the first time, eh?

Also...thanks for all the advice I've gotten so far, either in here or by PM. It is honestly appreciated. I'll wait a few more days to see if Ladd gets a chance to respond to my e-mail. I'll probably stop down if and talk with him if I don't hear back.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:47 pm

Yeah Ladd's definitely the dude to talk to. You might try to reach him through the Mews myspace as well. LOL at Varg trying to belittle a dude who's not even in a band by telling him he has no future music career for not knowing who to contact to book the Mews. :lol:
i fucking rule.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:46 am

Crumpty Williams wrote:Yeah Ladd's definitely the dude to talk to. You might try to reach him through the Mews myspace as well. LOL at Varg trying to belittle a dude who's not even in a band by telling him he has no future music career for not knowing who to contact to book the Mews. :lol:

Yeah, LOL at me for not socializing with dipshits on this board and knowing who's in a band and who isn't.
1. If this guy isn't involved in music- then why is he booking shows? OH, I guess he is involved now...
2. If he's doing it on behalf of a band who couldn't do it themselves THAT'S EVEN MORE PATHETIC.
3. When I was still in high school I set up and booked a small tour out to the West coast and back. I didn't have other bands do it for me and I certainly didn't visit local area message boards and ask for help (if they even existed at the time...)

Guy can't even figure out shit on his own- no. 1 sign that he's destined to be a failure.

How bad is your band failing these days?

http://www.sadtrombone.com/

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:53 am

Look out world, Varg's mad at you! (still) :lol:
i fucking rule.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:05 am

Varg wrote:
Nick wrote:Uhhh...you failed DMACC, dude. You also have an Ann Coulter avatar. You have NO future in life. In fact, you've already failed it.

I graduated with a Bachelors degree, and did you do anything past high school? I'm going to go ahead and assume you havn't- and I will take it one step further and assume your high school failed you miserably since you can't even figure out what to do if someone doesn't answer an e-mail.

Yes...it is clearly I who is destined to fail life.
I poop on Petland!

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:16 am

Crumpty Williams wrote:Look out world, Varg's mad at you! (still) :lol:

You seriously have the worst attempts at saving face.

failing_musician: "He's not even in a band- how can he fail at having a music career? LOL"
Me: "He's booking shows...that's part of the music business, and he's clueless."
Third_grader_comeback: "U mad?"

::shakes fist at screen::

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:19 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:

Working at a record label doesn't allow much time for a band- not to mention I just relocated here a month ago.
But I guess technically my next gig is this Friday since I have to be at a certain show. Had one last Sunday too in San Bernardino.

u mad?

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:54 am

Varg, seriously shut the fuck up. the fact you care about one dude booking shows in a state you don't even live in is hilarious. You aren't funny and your attempts at shit talking are so weak. Where do you come up with this shit?
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:15 am

Varg wrote:Working at a record label
Wow this really sounds lucrative.
You have NO future in music if you couldn't figure this shit out on your own.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:23 am

Thanks, everyone. Ladd got back to me last night actually and we are sorting out the details now. Everything is good and Varg is still a dongbag.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:54 am

Varg wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:

Working at a record label doesn't allow much time for a band- not to mention I just relocated here a month ago.
But I guess technically my next gig is this Friday since I have to be at a certain show. Had one last Sunday too in San Bernardino.

u mad?
Working at a record label? That's so 80's. did you know that "record labels" are irrelevent anymore? I suppose you're a "producer" too.

Yes, I'm fuckin mad! i'm fucking ragingly infuriated!!
I poop on Petland!

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:57 am

Varg wrote:3. When I was still in high school I set up and booked a small tour out to the West coast and back. I didn't have other bands do it for me and I certainly didn't visit local area message boards and ask for help (if they even existed at the time...)
what have you done for me lately?

srlsy you wanna give people shit for not going to callegde and then your glory is going on 1 tour in HIGH SCHOOL?

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:11 am

Oh, I guess it should be noted: I did graduate high school. I also have a college degree. Varg seems to be utilizing his degree to the fullest, working at a record shop and all. Seems you DO have a future in music. Congrats, dongbag!

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:45 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:Varg, seriously shut the fuck up. the fact you care about one dude booking shows in a state you don't even live in is hilarious. You aren't funny and your attempts at shit talking are so weak. Where do you come up with this shit?

Hi..you just copied what I said: "You seriously have the worst attempts at saving face." See? You are very creative. Do us all a favor and kill yourself and help lower the un-employment %.

Big Fat Retard wrote: Working at a record label? That's so 80's. did you know that "record labels" are irrelevent anymore? I suppose you're a "producer" too.
Record labels are "irrelevent"? (Nice spelling fuckbag- it's even highlighted in red to show you you can't spell) Well unless you're Live Nation, who's going to give you tour support? Advances for recording?- I mean, we can't all have DAW's. You gonna set up all your own distro. deals? Unlikely- because you are a big fat retard.
Labels are irrelevant if you're a douche or group of douches with no aspirations to succeed. ::Enter stories of people who don't have labels here::

joseph wrote: srlsy you wanna give people shit for not going to callegde and then your glory is going on 1 tour in HIGH SCHOOL?
Are you fucking retarded? The whole point of that cool story, Hansel was that it was such a NOT BIG DEAL- and anybody with half a brain can figure out how to setup a tour on their own. Yet idiot boy over here can't even figure out how to book a show at some shithole in Des Moines.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:52 pm

Varg wrote:
joseph wrote: srlsy you wanna give people shit for not going to callegde and then your glory is going on 1 tour in HIGH SCHOOL?
Are you fucking retarded? The whole point of that cool story, Hansel was that it was such a NOT BIG DEAL- and anybody with half a brain can figure out how to setup a tour on their own. Yet idiot boy over here can't even figure out how to book a show at some shithole in Des Moines.
the only hansel i know is hansel and gretyl so i dont know what the fuck youre talking about?
maybe i misread it but it sounded like you were bragging.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:05 pm

EDIT: I'm not gonna even bother wasting my time with 'ol dongbag here.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:12 pm

for real Varg, you must be an unhappy dude. I feel bad for you. Just tell me what I can do to make you a happier person and I'll try my best. :P
i fucking rule.

Shane

Post by Shane » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:26 pm

in before "kill yourself, etc."
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Varg wrote:
tylerjames515 wrote:Varg, seriously shut the fuck up. the fact you care about one dude booking shows in a state you don't even live in is hilarious. You aren't funny and your attempts at shit talking are so weak. Where do you come up with this shit?

Hi..you just copied what I said: "You seriously have the worst attempts at saving face." See? You are very creative. Do us all a favor and kill yourself and help lower the un-employment %.
I think you've gotten into the most online arguments on this board since I started posted...so I'm going to have go ahead say that yes, it is clearly you that is destined to fail life. SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS BRO.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now