More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Re: I'm boring and predictable.

Post by Hank Fist » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:18 pm

El Rhino wrote:
Hank Fist wrote: Holders says that the bill is to protect specific groups that have a history of being targeted by violence because of the color of their skin or sexual orientation. .

I wonder if Holders thinks the 30,000 white women raped by black men each year are victims of hate crimes when usually a dozen black women are raped by white men each year? I forgot the figures on murder, assault and robbery but they're definitely skewed giving whites a history of being targeted more so than blacks for these things.
i like how he admitted that it doesn't actually protect all americans.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:38 pm

El Rhino wrote:
ilikehorses wrote:where in the article does it say anything about these kids being from "the ghetto?" where does it say they were unruly?

I have some special gifts, Eddie. They're called "common sense", "experience" and "probability". When I analyze information sometimes I'm able to come to conclusions based upon these three things. For example:

In this case we have about 60 kids, exclusively black. What, did they magically find 60 black kids from the suburbs and throw them all in the same camp?

The name "Creative Steps" sounds a lot like an "urban" program, like "Creative Visions" here. I'm willing to bet that large portions of this come from government funds and charity. I also noted that they don't have a webpage, you would figure a group that was geared towards people with money would have a webpage.

As far as being unruly, have you ever seen a group of more than three black kids that wasn't? Imagine 60 of them invading your tranquil pool. I'm sure most paying pool patrons found their behavior abrasive, crude, loud and obnoxious...or else there probably wouldn't have been an issue if 60 little angels showed up and wanted to use the pool.

You know I'm right.
no, it's called ridiculous stereotypes. and racism.
philadelphia isn't des moines and actually has a large amount of black people. just because they're black doesn't mean they're from "the ghetto."
and 60 kids of ANY COLOR will be "unruly," not just black kids. i mean, they're at a fucking pool. what, you think kids are there to kick back and unwind? oh no, some black kids are jumping into the pool! there goes our white tranquility!

for the record, i don't care about the kids or the pool or any of this. i just think our local amount of racism is appalling.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:42 pm

ilikehorses wrote:for the record, i don't care about the kids or the pool or any of this. i just think our local amount of racism is appalling.
i feel the same way about what people assume is racist behavior

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:00 pm

I'm sick of all the Polack jokes and stereotypes.
I poop on Petland!

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:10 pm

Q:What does a black woman and a hockey player have in common?
A: THey both change thier pads after 3 periods.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:15 pm

ilikehorses wrote: no, it's called ridiculous stereotypes. and racism.
philadelphia isn't des moines and actually has a large amount of black people. just because they're black doesn't mean they're from "the ghetto."
and 60 kids of ANY COLOR will be "unruly," not just black kids. i mean, they're at a fucking pool. what, you think kids are there to kick back and unwind? oh no, some black kids are jumping into the pool! there goes our white tranquility!

for the record, i don't care about the kids or the pool or any of this. i just think our local amount of racism is appalling.

Call it what you want but the important thing is that I'm right. I'm right because I came to a rational conclusion and you're wrong because you're more worried about stereotypes and feelings than truth.

I am vaguely familiar with Philadelphia's demographics and I'm familiar with the demographics of Des Moines. So Philadelphia has a lot more black folks, what's your point?

60 kids of any color will probably have their problems, yes. Are you suggesting that if you got 60 black kids and 60 white or Asian kids they would act the same way?

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:38 pm

El Rhino wrote:Call it what you want but the important thing is that I'm right. I'm right because I came to a rational conclusion and you're wrong because you're more worried about stereotypes and feelings than truth.
lol lol lol lol
Racism isn't rational, dude.
lol

-Joe.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Let's get 60 white kids from the trailer courts on SE 14th and take them to the pool in Clive and see how that goes. The more Irish, the better.
I poop on Petland!

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:48 pm

zach krook can be 3 of those kids.

also, question for the racists. what word would you use for a group of young black children (or as you call them, niglets)?

ya know, like flock of sheep, murder of crows, ________ of niglets
Tu vir nunc es, canis

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:51 pm

El Rhino wrote:Call it what you want but the important thing is that I'm right. I'm right because I came to a rational assumption and you're wrong because you're more worried about stereotypes and feelings than truth.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:57 pm

"if you use the word racist. youre racist"

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:01 pm

This would be my interpretation.

The country club or whatever it was, obviously made the mistake of not informing, or even consulting their membership before opening the doors to another organization. People then complained, and the kids were removed. I don't know that I see where race comes into play here much, aside from the accusations. I agree that any group of 60 kids, especially ones that might not often get to attend a nicer pool, would probably be acting unruly, we always did. Sure there are obviously a lot of racial tones to this story, but it looks more like someone trying to something nice, ending up making a horrible decision, followed by more and more horrible decisions.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:12 pm

Joe wrote: lol lol lol lol
Racism isn't rational, dude.
lol
-Joe.

lol lol lol lol
Ok, then where was I wrong?
lol

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:17 pm

Maybe they just didn't want the black kids greasing up their pool with all their Jeri Curl juice and curl activator.
I poop on Petland!

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:19 pm

El Rhino wrote:lol lol lol lol
lol
The part where you made a bunch of assumptions and then assumed you were right.
You know, that part?

-Joe.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:19 pm

servo wrote:zach krook can eat 3 of those kids.

also, question for the racists. what word would you use for a group of young black children (or as you call them, niglets)?

ya know, like flock of sheep, murder of crows, ________ of niglets

Oh, we usually call that a "gang".

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:21 pm

Joe wrote:
lol
You know, that part?

-Joe.

Oh yeah, that part. The part where the egalitarians of this forum proved that they were well behaved African-American children from decent middle class homes.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:27 pm

El Rhino wrote:Oh yeah, that part. The part where the egalitarians of this forum proved that they were well behaved African-American children from decent middle class homes.
lol, is this a joke?
And what exactly have you proved here?

-Joe.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:54 pm

The only joke is you guys NOT believing that they were unruly children from the ghetto.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Edit: What did I prove? Nothing because it's so obvious.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:48 pm

ilikehorses wrote:
RIDICULOUS stereotypes? No, a ridiculous stereotype would be all people under 5 ft. with red hair from ireland are actually leprechauns. Black people being poor, annoying as fuck, and a drain on culture and society is not.

These are all bullshit attempts to avoid the story that started this thread. Where is the outrage for the family that was attacked unprovoked by 50 fucking piece of shit hoodrats? You find some story about black people being TURNED AWAY FROM A POOL and you're bitching about that?? What the fuck is wrong with you?? I hope you get gang raped walking through drake during this years initiation period. Maybe then you'll open your eyes- if you still have them (TRUE STORY).
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

MUPPET BURGER

Post by MUPPET BURGER » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:22 pm

Varg wrote:RIDICULOUS stereotypes? No, a ridiculous stereotype would be all people under 5 ft. with red hair from ireland are actually leprechauns. Black people being poor, annoying as fuck, and a drain on culture and society is not.

These are all bullshit attempts to avoid the story that started this thread. Where is the outrage for the family that was attacked unprovoked by 50 fucking piece of shit hoodrats? You find some story about black people being TURNED AWAY FROM A POOL and you're bitching about that?? What the fuck is wrong with you?? I hope you get gang raped walking through drake during this years initiation period. Maybe then you'll open your eyes- if you still have them (TRUE STORY).
this isn't about a family being attacked--you don't really care about that. this is about a pathetic justification to look down on other people because of your own deep-seated insecurities and self-loathing nature. your privilege awards you to hold the perspective that having access to money, resources and education makes you superior to those who don't--and you look for any example to prove this.

people like you are dime a dozen these days, unfortunately. but there is no longevity in your view of the world, friend. once the inevitable and final collapse of our economic system occurs--no matter when it happens--your status will mean nothing....and you'll be on the wrong side of the fence. good luck, you piece of shit.
fuzzy massacre.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:09 pm

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/31839282/

Amy Goldman said she's been a member of the club for two years. She said the pool wasn't particularly crowded and the children from Creative Steps were "well behaved and respectful."
I poop on Petland!

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:58 pm

Racism is actually the hatred of a race. Assumptions and stereotypes are more in the bigotry category.
the term "racism" is used way too lightly.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:00 am

Hank Fist wrote:Racism is actually the hatred of a race. Assumptions and stereotypes are more in the bigotry category.
I believe they go hand and hand, especially in this thread. It's kind of disgusting, kids are kids. They are all "unruly".
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:46 am

Varg wrote:
ilikehorses wrote:
RIDICULOUS stereotypes? No, a ridiculous stereotype would be all people under 5 ft. with red hair from ireland are actually leprechauns. Black people being poor, annoying as fuck, and a drain on culture and society is not.

learn to read. i said i didn't care about the kids/pool situation. and i didn't find the story.
but i also don't care about the people in the original article either.
and as someone who has lived in the drake area for five+ years, i can tell you that the drake students are generally the ones that cause the problems. the only violent crimes i can think of since i've lived in the neighborhood were white folks (but my memory isn't all that great sometimes).
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:46 am

Hank Fist wrote:Racism is actually the hatred of a race. Assumptions and stereotypes are more in the bigotry category.
unless the person / people have a history of racially-based aggression (even non-physical) and hatred. then it's racism. to me, at least.
Last edited by ilikehorses on Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

UGH I SUCK

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:51 am

El Rhino wrote:
ilikehorses wrote: no, it's called ridiculous stereotypes. and racism.

Call it what you want but the important thing is that I'm right. I'm right because I came to a rational conclusion and you're wrong because you're more worried about stereotypes and feelings than truth.

I am vaguely familiar with Philadelphia's demographics and I'm familiar with the demographics of Des Moines. So Philadelphia has a lot more black folks, what's your point?

60 kids of any color will probably have their problems, yes. Are you suggesting that if you got 60 black kids and 60 white or Asian kids they would act the same way?
no, youre not right. youre just assigning your bigoted/racist feelings to every person of a dark skin. and i'm not worried about stereotypes or feelings --i already said i don't care about this story. i was merely pointing out that you assign stereotypes unnecessarily to better suit your fucked up world view.

and yes, 60 kids of ANY COLOR will be unruly and crazy, especially given a situation where they are allowed to be so, such as at a pool.

UGH I SUCK

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:14 am

ilikehorses wrote: and as someone who has lived in the drake area for five+ years, i can tell you that the drake students are generally the ones that cause the problems. the only violent crimes i can think of since i've lived in the neighborhood were white folks (but my memory isn't all that great sometimes).
I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this because I would've spit it all over my monitor laughing. So whenever something happens on Mondamin, Forest Avenue or MLK I can just assume it's wandering Drake students holding that neighborhood hostage? I heard that there was lots of yelling of "Bulldogs rule!!!" during the 4th of July melee over there.

I'd also like to point out that you (I believe) live in the more gentrified part of the Drake area and your neighbors are more likely to be college students and/or white as opposed to the more, uh, traditional resident of that area. I could be wrong about your location though, but I think it has been pointed out to me.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:16 am

El Rhino wrote:
Joe wrote:
lol
You know, that part?

-Joe.

Oh yeah, that part. The part where the egalitarians of this forum proved that they were well behaved African-American children from decent middle class homes.
that's exactly my point. i can't prove theyre "well behaved African-American children from decent middle class homes," just as you can't prove they're unruly criminals from the ghetto. to assign a characteristic either way shows personal feelings of bias and, i feel, personal character.

UGH I SUCK