More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Varg
Failed DMACC

I'm boring and predictable.

Post by Varg » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:49 pm

http://www.ohio.com/news/50172282.html

"OHIO: Black teens attack white family on 4th, shouting 'It's a black world'..."

"Akron police say they aren't ready to call it a hate crime or a gang initiation."
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Re: I'm boring and predictable.

Post by servo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:35 pm

and whats the deal with driving around and seeing young black men crossing the street and then they slow their pace so that you have to slow down, if not stop. and then they give you that hard look as they slowly walk by.
Tu vir nunc es, canis

vegan ss

Post by vegan ss » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:35 pm

Good.
When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it- Oscar Wilde

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:40 pm

servo wrote:and whats the deal with driving around and seeing young black men crossing the street and then they slow their pace so that you have to slow down, if not stop. and then they give you that hard look as they slowly walk by.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:44 pm

I saw this. Of course we all know that if the situation were reversed and it were a black family out celebrating the Fourth of July and a mob of white teenagers attacked them saying "this is a white world" or whatever it would be a cause for a national emergency. It would make national headlines and the establishment would scream for hate crime charges. There would be a made for TV movie about it, lots of attention on white supremacist groups, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be out there demanding justice and white America would take up a collection for this poor family, led by a star-studded cast from Hollywood. Honestly, we would probably read about the incident in history books and it would be used as a source of white guilt for a couple generations to come.

Since that wasn't the case all that will happen is that a lot of people will just say "how typical" and everyone else will scramble to say things like "white people commit crime too!!!" or some other bullshit justification for this kind of behavior.

OneCoolGuy

Post by OneCoolGuy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:29 pm

Typical.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:33 pm

servo wrote:and whats the deal with driving around and seeing young black men crossing the street and then they slow their pace so that you have to slow down, if not stop. and then they give you that hard look as they slowly walk by.
Don't stop or slow down. they'll get out of the way.
I poop on Petland!

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:59 pm

This is pretty much the best answer to your question:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuDfv5ZX ... re=related

vegan ss

Post by vegan ss » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Gorillas are my favorite animal. Least favorite=human.
When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it- Oscar Wilde

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Some of my best friends are human.

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:14 pm

joseph wrote:
UGgghhh, this drives me nuts!!! I live off of 31st and Cottage Grove and yes it happens a lot there. The thing that drives me nuts is when they don't use a crosswalk and just weave in and out of cars, why in the fuck do you think we have crosswalks???!!!!

vegan ss

Post by vegan ss » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Fuck all cars I have the right of way always. I will throw a snapple bottle through your windshield.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:36 pm

keep in mind, they are only tough to someone runs their dumbass over...the vehicle will always win.

JoePreppy
Go Go Gadget Shoe Phone

Post by JoePreppy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:55 pm

Wow, I'm always complaining about this when over by Drake...I'm not in the neighborhood that often....but last time I was, sitting shotgun and got to throw my mcdonalds coke at one of em. Of course I hit him because we had to slow down so much. Then we just sped off like the scared white kids we are. :lol: Maybe if everyone starts doing that they'll stop for fear of ruining their plain white pajama tees.
Last edited by JoePreppy on Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:17 pm

JoePreppy wrote:Then we just sped off like the scared white kids we are.
It's true. White people are still scared of black people for some reason. Recent example:
More than 60 campers from Northeast Philadelphia were turned away from a private swim club and left to wonder if their race was the reason.

"I heard this lady, she was like, 'Uh, what are all these black kids doing here?' She's like, 'I'm scared they might do something to my child,'" said camper Dymire Baylor.

The Creative Steps Day Camp paid more than $1900 to The Valley Swim Club. The Valley Swim Club is a private club that advertises open membership. But the campers' first visit to the pool suggested otherwise.

"When the minority children got in the pool all of the Caucasian children immediately exited the pool," Horace Gibson, parent of a day camp child, wrote in an email. "The pool attendants came and told the black children that they did not allow minorities in the club and needed the children to leave immediately."

The next day the club told the camp director that the camp's membership was being suspended and their money would be refunded.

"I said, 'The parents don't want the refund. They want a place for their children to swim,'" camp director Aetha Wright said.

Campers remain unsure why they're no longer welcome.

"They just kicked us out. And we were about to go. Had our swim things and everything," said camper Simer Burwell.

The explanation they got was either dishearteningly honest or poorly worded.

"There was concern that a lot of kids would change the complexion … and the atmosphere of the club," John Duesler, President of The Valley Swim Club said in a statement.

While the parents await an apology, the camp is scrambling to find a new place for the kids to beat the summer heat.
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc ... exion.html

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:55 pm

Nick wrote: It's true. White people are still scared of black people for some reason. Recent example:

I know, they should have been ecstatic to be in the midst of such wonderful diversity. I'm sure the behavior of all those little black kids was beyond reproach and during their visit that pool would've been a shining beacon of civility, just like all the other places they tend to patronize. Unfortunately a positive experience for all was missed out upon.

I know that if I paid a lot of money for membership into an exclusive club and they brought a bunch of inner city children to come swim in my pool... why, I'd be overwhelmed with joy.

Shane

Post by Shane » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:17 am

The thing is, though, they were paid for and then kicked out. Additionally, their actions instigated quite a bit of bad publicity. That, to me, is bad business, regardless of their reasoning behind it.
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:30 am

Shane wrote:The thing is, though, they were paid for and then kicked out. Additionally, their actions instigated quite a bit of bad publicity. That, to me, is bad business, regardless of their reasoning behind it.
Honestly, these guys made the right financial choice (potential lawsuits aside) by giving these kids the boot. Sure those kids were paid for but I'm willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of the members of that club would not appreciate having to share the pool that they pay good money for with unruly kids from the ghetto - you can go to a public pool and do that for much less. They're just looking out for their base, the >$2000 paid for the chilluns' to get access to the pool (and refunded) is probably a drop in the bucket of this place's total revenue.

As far as bad publicity, yeah a lot of people are going to piss and moan about it. I doubt the people who are complaining about it are the type of people who would be able to afford membership to this kind of place anyway. People only like diversity when it comes to interesting ethnic restaurants or sometimes exotic pussy... no one wants black kids in their pool.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:10 am

Shane wrote:The thing is, though, they were paid for and then kicked out. Additionally, their actions instigated quite a bit of bad publicity. That, to me, is bad business, regardless of their reasoning behind it.

No...it would've been bad business to go against the wishes of their clients who've probably been there who knows how long- it's a private club, so you know they're loaded. If they all cancel their memberships, who's gonna go there? More inner city hoodrats? Well until they're set up to accept WIC and foodstamps I don't think that's a viable alternative.

Aside from that, they already have a pretty strong argument to turn hoodrats away from their POOL- black people don't even know how to swim, so wtf are they gonna do at a pool besides bring down the property value of everything in the surrounding area?

"Nigga I aint gettin wet, I just got my hair braided"
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:45 am

Sure, they are a "private" club, but hey also advertise open memberships. That usually means anyone can join as long as you have the money. If their rules of operation exempt minorities, then why do they claim open memberships? This has racism written all over it, private club or not. Is this 2009 or 1959?

I guess what it boils down to is they are a private club and can set their own rules, but they also have to deal with the ramifications of institutionalized bigotry - no federal/state/municipal funds, boycotts, bad publicity.

Also, if it's not clearly stated, the camp probably has an equal protection/discrimination case. I'd love to read this clubs official membership policy.

Besides, a simple solution to this problem would be to simply play nothing but Kenny Loggins over the pool stereo.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:11 am

vegan ss wrote:Fuck all cars I have the right of way always. I will throw a snapple bottle through your windshield.
good. then id be justified in running your ass over.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:11 am

joseph wrote:
exactly.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:44 am

Nick wrote:Sure, they are a "private" club, but hey also advertise open memberships. That usually means anyone can join as long as you have the money. If their rules of operation exempt minorities, then why do they claim open memberships? This has racism written all over it, private club or not. Is this 2009 or 1959?

They probably don't exempt minorities but they'll exempt a bus load of screaming black children from inner-city Philadelphia...and for good reason, who would want to pay good money to put up with that whenever you want to go swimming? Racism or not, they made the right choice for their base clientele. They fucked up by offering their services to a group like that in the first place. If they kept up with it eventually their only hope for business would be government contracts to groups like this - no one would want to go there.

If you go to the club's webpage their official stance is that they don't discriminate and they basically got in over their head with that amount of kids and the strain that amount would cause on their facilities.

....back to the real victims here.

"The construction worker said he now fears for his family's safety, and the thousands of dollars in medical bills he faces without insurance."

You know if this guy was black and the attackers were white that this guy would be used as a poster boy for socialized health care. "What, you're against socialized health care? What about that poor Octavius Jackson and his family who were victims of a hate crime and didn't have health insurance to cover it?"

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:04 pm

El Rhino wrote:
Honestly, these guys made the right financial choice (potential lawsuits aside) by giving these kids the boot. Sure those kids were paid for but I'm willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of the members of that club would not appreciate having to share the pool that they pay good money for with unruly kids from the ghetto - you can go to a public pool and do that for much less. They're just looking out for their base, the >$2000 paid for the chilluns' to get access to the pool (and refunded) is probably a drop in the bucket of this place's total revenue.

As far as bad publicity, yeah a lot of people are going to piss and moan about it. I doubt the people who are complaining about it are the type of people who would be able to afford membership to this kind of place anyway. People only like diversity when it comes to interesting ethnic restaurants or sometimes exotic pussy... no one wants black kids in their pool.
where in the article does it say anything about these kids being from "the ghetto?" where does it say they were unruly?
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:42 pm

ilikehorses wrote:where in the article does it say anything about these kids being from "the ghetto?" where does it say they were unruly?
i dont see it either?
The waters were still and the gates locked at the Valley Swim Club Thursday. Board members decided to close the private Huntington Valley, Pa., club for the day as it combats accusations of racism for booting 65 mostly minority day campers from its grounds without explanation late last month.

Dozens of protesters paraded by the entrance to the Valley Swim Club Thursday night.

Creative Steps Day Camp paid The Valley Swim Club more than $1900 for one day of swimming a week, but after the first day, the money was quickly refunded and the campers were told not to return. Several campers said they heard pool members making racial remarks during their time inside the club.

Tempers further flared after the club's president John Duesler issued a statement Tuesday saying "There was concern that a lot of kids would change the complexion … and the atmosphere of the club."

Club members, who were at the 10-acre suburban complex on the day of the incident, came forward Thursday to defend the organization.

"This has nothing to do with race," member Lori Slowinski said. "I paid my money for a private swim club…if they're gonna have it out to camps, then I want my money back."

Jim Flynn went right to the club president after the kids took the plunge into the 110,000 gallon pool. "I was the first person to talk to the president, because the pool was overcrowded," said Flynn. "As members we have nothing to hide. There's good people here."

He believes the club's closure for fear of protests is wrong. "I do not condone the club being closed today and I will not condone it."

Members are angry the club, which is advertising open enrollment, inked deals with three camps to have campers come in and swim. They say members were not notified about allowing the camps to attend the club.

The club issued this statement late Thursday, responding to the allegations of racism:

The Valley Club is deeply troubled by the recent allegations of racism, which are completely untrue.

We had originally agreed to invite the camps to use our facility, knowing full well that the children from the camps were from multi-ethnic backgrounds. Unfortunately, we quickly learned that we underestimated the capacity of our facilities and realized that we could not accommodate the number of children from these camps. All funds were returned to the camps and we will re-evaluate the issue at a later date to determine whether it can be feasible in the future.

Our Valley Club deplores discrimination in any form, as is evidenced by our multi-ethnic and diverse membership. Whatever comments may or may not have been made by an individual member is an opinion not shared by The Valley Club Board.

Daniel Veres, a 16-year old Hispanic teen who is also a member, says the entire situation is just a misunderstanding. "We're not judgmental, we're just friendly," Veres said of the mostly white club.

For the children involved, the entire situation has left them simply sad and confused.

"I heard one lady saying 'Why's there so many black kids here' cause she said she was afraid that we might do something to her child," recalled camper Dymire Baylor. "How could they say that?"

If given the chance, the campers say they wouldn't step foot in the swim club, but they will be able to swim once again this summer. Girard College, a private Philadelphia boarding school for children who live in low-income and single parent homes, stepped in and offered their pool to Creative Steps.

"We had to help," said Girard College director of Admissions Tamara Leclair. "Every child deserves an incredible summer camp experience."

The school already serves 500 campers of its own, but felt they could squeeze in 65 more -- especially since the pool is vacant on the day the Creative Steps had originally planned to swim at Valley Swim Club.

The situation has become the center of national and international attention -- from bloggers to people on the street to the Anti-Defamation League, many are angry over the move to ban the kids. Even U.S. Senator Arlen Specter (D-Pa.) plans to launch an investigation into the discrimination claim.

"The allegations against the swim club as they are reported are extremely disturbing," Specter said in a statement. "I am reaching out to the parties involved to ascertain the facts. Racial discrimination has no place in America today."

He sent a letter to Duesler and the club's board Thursday denouncing their actions.

Dozens of protesters were also denouncing the club's decision. Chanting "Jim Crow swims here," they held signs high while parading by the entrance to the club Thursday night. The signs read, "'Privately' excluding some stains everyone's complexion," "Drown racism" and "Good enough for the White House, but not the swim club."

"It feels like I stepped into a weird time warp," said protester Spenser Lewis. He says its a time that "should be gone."
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/loc ... -Race.html

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:12 pm

JoePreppy wrote:
Wow, I'm always complaining about this when over by Drake...I'm not in the neighborhood that often....but last time I was, sitting shotgun and got to throw my mcdonalds coke at one of em. Of course I hit him because we had to slow down some much. Then we just sped off like the scared white kids we are. :lol: Maybe if everyone starts doing that they'll stop for fear of ruining their plain white pajama tees.
and here i thought they were just cleaning their cars out on my street, good to know it's just part of a vigilante movement, i won't feel so angry cleaning McD's garbage out of my yard.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:27 pm

The Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act, which has passed the House of Representatives by an overwhelming margin is now facing hearings in the Senate. In Testimony for the Senate Judiciary Committee Attorney General Eric Holder was asked by Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL) if the federal hate bill S. 909 will equally protect all Americans from violent crimes? Holder explicitly says the hate bill will not provide equal protection to most Americans. Holders says that the bill is to protect specific groups that have a history of being targeted by violence because of the color of their skin or sexual orientation. The Constitution grants equal rights to all. Holder does not understand that he believes in granted special protection to certain groups that have historically been persecuted or discriminated against. Senator Coburn (R-OK) asked Holder if the murder of an American soldier in Arkansas by a Muslim extremist qualifies as a hate crime. Holder replies again that the bill is to protect groups that have historically been persecuted such as Blacks, Jews, and Homosexuals. Holder also admits the bill allows for Federal Prosecution if a local jurisdiction refuses to prosecute which is a clear violation of the 10th Amendment, which grants jurisdiction to state governments.

This Bill does not provide equal protection to all Americans and is therefore unconstitutional. It grants special rights to certain groups while making the rest of us 2nd class citizens. The job of the Attorney General is to uphold the Constitution and Holder clearly does not understand or have any interest in upholding are constitutional rights.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:37 pm

ilikehorses wrote:where in the article does it say anything about these kids being from "the ghetto?" where does it say they were unruly?

I have some special gifts, Eddie. They're called "common sense", "experience" and "probability". When I analyze information sometimes I'm able to come to conclusions based upon these three things. For example:

In this case we have about 60 kids, exclusively black. What, did they magically find 60 black kids from the suburbs and throw them all in the same camp?

The name "Creative Steps" sounds a lot like an "urban" program, like "Creative Visions" here. I'm willing to bet that large portions of this come from government funds and charity. I also noted that they don't have a webpage, you would figure a group that was geared towards people with money would have a webpage.

As far as being unruly, have you ever seen a group of more than three black kids that wasn't? Imagine 60 of them invading your tranquil pool. I'm sure most paying pool patrons found their behavior abrasive, crude, loud and obnoxious...or else there probably wouldn't have been an issue if 60 little angels showed up and wanted to use the pool.

You know I'm right.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:39 pm

ok, now im picturing the caddyshack pool scene

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:40 pm

Hank Fist wrote: Holders says that the bill is to protect specific groups that have a history of being targeted by violence because of the color of their skin or sexual orientation. .

I wonder if Holders thinks the 30,000 white women raped by black men each year are victims of hate crimes when usually a dozen black women are raped by white men each year? I forgot the figures on murder, assault and robbery but they're definitely skewed giving whites a history of being targeted more so than blacks for these things.