Places and Times to Mosh in the Near Future

Moderators: Joe, ABOMB515, Darrin

joseph

Re: Haunted Basement summer calendar

Post by joseph » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:46 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:...all that i wanted to say in this thread was 'stop bitching, keep trying, things will get better' to rooster.i would have been happy ending it there...
and why couldnt you leave it at that?

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:47 pm

because i felt the need to defend and explain my statements after false accusations were made...and it provided 2 pages of entertainment...

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:52 pm

i did blah blah blah there on second look...and i can clarify that i did not say the hb was a failed venue, but that it could potentially become one...i should have left my comment at what my initial point was, but i got a little crazy there....whoops...my apologies

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:11 pm

The time we played HB, I woke up with a sore bunghole, a lump in my throat, and a string hanging out of my mouth. I'm assuming I had a good time.

seriously...like Frank Zappa said, "Shut up and play yer guitar".
I poop on Petland!

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:39 pm

i didn't want to get involved with this faggotfest, but srsly wtf?
james, did you really say the hb smells like a litter box? dude c'mon. i remember playing at the dangerhaus last summer and it sure as hell wasn't a fucking rose garden (and you had a kid roaming around in there, which is an entirely different argument i don't even want to touch on now.)
srsly, what a stupid thing to say.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:57 pm

yeah, our basement sucks and is stuffy, stinky and gross......and is one of the reasons why i dont do shows there anymore, only a few people helped to try keep it clean, but i gave up and didn't want to have to deal with it anymore...i didnt really want to do too many shows there to begin with...we decided that one summer of shows would be ok...the child was never there for shows...only once for a little bit because he wanted to watch funender...i didnt do shows on nights he was home...your argument is crap...dont fucking insinuate bullshit that is false...that basement is gross and has always been, and its rarely used...our house is pretty nice on the inside everywhere else...the dogs shit down there recently...i need to clean it out again... in the hb...its gross...smells like cat piss/shit no joke, i would be embarrased to have bands play in a cat shit/piss infested room...i stepped in cat shit...unless its changed since i was there 2 weeks ago, and that was just bad timing...and it was a bad representation of the place......i thought it was gross...
Last edited by TooManyHumyns on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Potter

Post by Potter » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:57 pm

We're all dudes here, right?

Ok.

So how many of you really stick your fingers in your kazing-dong when you're twiddling your dinger?

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:18 pm

servo does.
no james, i was talking about the bathroom and kitchen area that i was in (but i'm sure it got spruced right up after the show). i didn't insinuate shit, goddamnit, and i'm not calling you out for having a messy house (we're punks, it happens) lol, my argument is crap? no, you're full of shit for being called out on every other stupid reason you thought you needed to beef at the hb over, and then trying to use the smell of the place as a valid one.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:28 pm

um, no, and it wasnt my responsibility because i wasnt living down there at the time...if your talking about the upstairs, then thats ALL been refinished as well...floors and paint, most the windows......looks purdy nice...
but as far as downstairs...
i actually just refinished the bathroom...new drywall, tile, shower, toilet, ceiling, paint...everything..the kitchen is the next project...for floor, tile etc...and i'm eventually going to refinish the basement...floor it and put up drywall...

and yes, the smell of that place kills my sinuses...and is gross...valid for me anyways...

Thom

Post by Thom » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:25 pm

Pure gold. loling every time I look at this.
Rooster wrote:
joseph wrote:youre all a bunch of whiney bitches.
yep
best quote of the thread, compounded by yet another golden quote.

Also, once I left a sandwich at the haunted basement, for an hour. Nate ate it. Shitty Shitty dude. Also he broke my hi hat stand. And I'm not sure how to pin it on him yet, but a transformer blew out in my amp, somehow its his fault.

James, you're a rad dude, just drop all this sillyness.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:28 pm

i tend to play devils advocate...

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:35 pm

just to throw in my two cents:
i think the "scene" here is pretty good. my theory as to why there is low attendance is the number and quality of shows. if you have a show every night, very few people are going to be able to --or want to- make it out to them. fewer, but higher quality shows, would bring more people to the HB.

not wanting to start any new fights. just my two cents on low attendance.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:50 pm

srsly ed's right.
give me like 1500 bucks and we'll come play there. problem solved.

jason

Post by jason » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:56 pm

random thought since it hasn't been mentioned here that i can see:

attendance ALWAYS drops in the summer because every band and their mom is on tour and kids get tired of it. i think we always forget about this, but this is definitely a factor. when you get back to the few shows a month that kids get really psyched about in the fall, attendance picks back up.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:52 pm

You can tell people to "get over it" all you want and you can make jokes about how you'll "strike again", but my drums are still broken.
Thanks for that.

-Joe.

cjl

Post by cjl » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:40 pm

so that august 1st show...anything?

and i know it isn't really my place to say anything at all, but i will anyway. if someone fucked up someone else's equipment, why wasn't the person who fucked it up dealt with right away? seems silly to speculate/argue about it after the fact when they could have just solved the problem right then and there. but whatever.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:09 pm

cjl wrote: and i know it isn't really my place to say anything at all
your right, and your high and don't know what your talking about...

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:29 pm

the Haunted Basement is a fun place yall be there tomorrow\/
Attachments
july 9th.jpg
july 9th.jpg (77.45 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
As time moves
There's no sound

moltar

Post by moltar » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:21 am

Joe wrote:You can tell people to "get over it" all you want and you can make jokes about how you'll "strike again", but my drums are still broken.
Thanks for that.

-Joe.
Cash in the guitar. You're welcome.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:21 am

:roll:
How pathetic.

-Joe.

moltar

Post by moltar » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:43 am

Truly. I'd love to be a big shot too.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:05 am

That guitar has nothing to do with being as it was somebody elses to begin with. Then you insisted on GIVING it to me because you had toomanyguitars. That guitar isn't worth the damage to the drums. I could realisically get like 50-75 bucks outta it on a good day. Snot goning to happen anyways.

alexkinnerk

Post by alexkinnerk » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:31 pm

i've played at HB once and seen a few shows there. you guys should be more grateful, shit is cool. that's all i have to say.

ps, come see my shit metal band there
august 13th w/ the funeral pyre, maybe ringbearer?

moltar

Post by moltar » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:47 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:That guitar has nothing to do with being as it was somebody elses to begin with. Then you insisted on GIVING it to me because you had toomanyguitars. That guitar isn't worth the damage to the drums. I could realisically get like 50-75 bucks outta it on a good day. Snot goning to happen anyways.
That guitar was without question mine. I lent it to you because you are broke and busted. The guitar goes for 120. Milik's drums cost him 100 over two years ago.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:26 pm

They costed me more than that, plus the head you ruined.
Plus you gave that guitar to James and that has nothing to do with MY drums.

-Joe.

moltar

Post by moltar » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Your drums, like you, suck and I would not have put my foot through them if I cared about either. Buy new drums/start another venue/continue talking trash.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:21 pm

moltar wrote:I am a jdmedley of rage. How are things at the dreadfarm?
what does this even mean???

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:31 pm

moltar wrote: That guitar was without question mine. I lent it to you because you are broke and busted. The guitar goes for 120.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i- ... dium=feed&
lol, $160 brand new...your on drugs....a store wouldn't give me half that...maybe $75 on craigslist...
and yes, that guitar was yours, without question, untill you gave it too me...and i asked if you were sure, and you said yes...and it was nice, because i didn't have money to put into a guitar, and still don't...and it doesn't bother me too much...i have other things i need to put my money towards at the time...

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:26 pm

moltar wrote:Your drums, like you, suck and I would not have put my foot through them if I cared about either. Buy new drums/start another venue/continue talking trash.
Wow, how dramatic of you.

And it really shows a lot about you when you have to make shit up about me. What am I talking trash on? I've let people know how I feel about you after you destroyed my musical instrument in your incredibly child-like tantrum, and if you want to call that "talking trash" then so be it... but all that is more than warranted and you brought that upon yourself.

Your attempts at defaming me (and james) are pathetic. You broke my drums. You're in the wrong.

-Joe.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:51 pm

Does anyone know how my front bass drum head was broken? All I ever heard is that it was broken. Anyone? I'm not trying to direct blame towards anyone, I am just curious.

Even though I have had a lot of drum parts turn up missing, or broken, I don't blame the HB as a place, I blame the people who are guilty of doing those things. I have never felt uncomfortable or weird no matter what show, or who was in attendance. I really enjoy the place, I just think some people need to grow up and respect other people's things. That place is basically running off of borrowed equipment, whether it is the PA, Thom's bass amp, Rob's guitar amp, mine, Joe's or Nick's drumsets. It is all other people's stuff, and everyone who plays a show/attends a show there needs to respect the fact that we leave our stuff there so people can use it if they need it. Not because we have to, but we know that it makes it a lot easier for people to have practices, play shows when they don't have to haul around their own shit. People need to be more caring of the people/equipment that is around at the time or else people will not go to shows and equipment will not be available. It isn't hard to be friends and appreciate the things that other people do for everyone in the scene. It is also not hard to own up to mistakes made and apologize and be an adult. I'm not trying to be stupid and say UNITY, but really, there has to be some bit of civility in order for what we do for fun to be successful and stay that way. Grow up, respect each other/things and remember why we do what we do.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others