Beaver

Re: Killer 4th of July party

Post by Beaver » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:54 am

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:40 pm

While we're on the topic check this out
http://www.theboombox.com/2009/06/30/ma ... l-wayne%2F

Dude calls the cops and demands to be taken to Lil Wayne!

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:00 am

Now our very dignified African American community of the Drake neighborhood is calling racism on DSMPD b/c they got rowdy like a bunch of gorrillas and killed each other - then prevented emergency personell to intervene. What a bunch of fuck ups. My favorite is the quote by Dijon Mustard:

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Police continue to investigate a large fight over the weekend that ended in a double-homicide and a confrontation with police.

Travaris Chancellor faces two counts of first-degree murder and is being held in the Polk County Jail on $500,000 bond.

Police said Chancellor intentionally drove his SUV through a group of people who had gathered at 21st and Forest Avenue on Saturday night.

Brenda Coplen, 45, and Sharosa Odie, 25, were killed in the crash. Police said rescue crews could not get to the two women immediately because of the large crowd of close to 100 people that had gathered in the area.

Monday, some neighbors told KCCI that the real problem is a lack of trust between police and the African-American community.

Balloons and flowers are a quiet reminder of a violent Saturday night at the intersection where the deaths happened.

A fight between a few people grew into a brawl and the two women were run over. Police officers said they had a hard time reaching the victims through an angry, fighting crowd.

"The officers were told that there were possible bricks, crowbars, hammers, possibly even gunshots," said Sgt. Lori Lavorato, of Des Moines Police Department.

Some witnesses told KCCI that they saw the officers as unwilling to help.

"That's why they got guns. They're here to protect us. If you scared why would you be a cop?" said Dajvan Easter, of Des Moines. "If they were in West Des Moines and there was a crowd of people they'd feel more comfortable getting out and helping them."

Des Moines police said they did the best they could.

"To say that this is an issue of race is absurd," said Lavorato.

Dominique Snyder said she was pulled over by police eight times over Drake Relays weekend. She said police told her they were looking for a suspect in an SUV.

"I guess you can't live a normal life without at least getting stopped once or twice a month by the police," said Snyder.

Morianda Moore also complains about frequent stops by police.

"I feel like they just pick on us for nothing. But, I mean they may do that to you too. I don't know," said Moore.

Lavorato said she hasn't heard any complaints, but said the perception of racism bothers her.

"It is something that does bother a lot of police officers because we all strive very, very hard to be fair with everyone regardless of their skin color," said Lavorato.

Lavorato encouraged anyone with a complaint to call.

"Chief Bradshaw has an open door policy," said Lavorato.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:19 pm

"That's why they got guns. They're here to protect us. If you scared why would you be a cop?" said Dajvan Easter, of Des Moines. "If they were in West Des Moines and there was a crowd of people they'd feel more comfortable getting out and helping them."
1. West Des Moines Cops would be the ones working West Des Moines.
2. There's never been a riot of 100 angry people in WDM.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:37 pm

Oh man... I wonder if this guy really thinks that how they behaved that night was normal and that people in West Des Moines would've done the same thing? This is amongst the most notable chimp-outs in Des Moines and like always to them it isn't their fault. I liked the part about them going to their grandma's house to round up a posse to go fight someone...and bringing "they kids" with them. Sweet parenting. I'm glad these people live amongst us.

I'd also say that 21st and Forest must have the highest concentration of terrible names in Des Moines. "Dajvan", for one.

I also think it's hilarious when they quote black people in the news with ebonics like how the guy who got arrested was crying "oh my baby mama!" when that lady got ran over. You would think the egalitarian media would make some sort of effort to clean up their language a bit for publishing.

tom2electricboogaloo

Post by tom2electricboogaloo » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:01 pm

Dajvan Easter wrote:Oh, my offspring's biological mother!
something like this?