Places and Times to Mosh in the Near Future

Moderators: Joe, ABOMB515, Darrin

TooManyHumyns

Re: WITCH HUNT!!!TONIGHT!!!JUNE 27th 5pm!!!BE THERE!!!

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:38 pm

no maybes dawg...be there!!!

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Ok fuck the maybe. will be there! Yee-haw GTBB
As time moves
There's no sound

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:01 pm

thats what i like to hear!!!

Shane

Post by Shane » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:50 pm

Well, I enjoyed the music and the chili at least. Everything else was fucking stupid.
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:28 pm

Witch Hunts a bunch of dickheads. Cant say shut up and be punk
As time moves
There's no sound

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:40 pm

i havent felt soo dissapointed in a looooong time....fuck the des moines social club....fuck that drama......thanks for coming out anyways......this shit pisses me off soooooo much....

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:49 pm

it wasnt the social club. it was witch hunt bitching the whole time. Who the fuck bitches about what it is to be punk. FUCK THEM
As time moves
There's no sound

Shane

Post by Shane » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:15 am

I think that the room that the show was held in has a great sound to it (I love natural reverb), but the PA equipment that was used produced less than satisfactory results. My guess as to why the mics kept cutting out: we were probably pushing the power amp/speakers too hard, so they frequently automatically shut off as a safety measure.

I dislike the comment that started the conflict, but it definitely didn't warrant a huge dramatic fight. I don't give a fuck that you've been on tour for 6 weeks and have seen all these great punk scenes, you have no right to come into our scene and tell us how to act and infringe upon our free speech. That said, the behavior at this show was ridiculous. I'm all about having fun, but not when it's destructive to the venue's property or when I get beer spilled/thrown on me. Maybe I'm just not punk enough.

TL;DR BLAH BLAH BLAH
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:20 am

the power amp was really really hot when I was inspecting the speaker cables. I think you are right about that situation.

I think that everything that unfolded at this show as really lame. I agree that it sucks when someone says something shitty about something to someone, but come on, you don't have them thrown out, or attempt to have them thrown out of the show. I could care less if Brian liked Brothers, he has a right to say what he feels when he wants, he paid to see all the bands and he paid to gather an opinion about them and speak it. So what if it was negative, sure it would be nice if everything everyone ever had to say to anyone was always nice, but the point is, it can't be that way...so DEAL WITH IT!

I really really liked Witch Hunt, and I thought Brothers was just fine, but I don't want to feel like I am going to get my balls stomped on if I felt differently about any of those bands and wanted to voice my thoughts. There are always going to be assholes in the world, but you can't kick every asshole out, you have to tolerate things and fucking get on with your life.

And I shouldn't be expected to throw one of my friends out of a show just because the band tells me to. Who the fuck do they think they are?
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:37 am

Witch Hunt called and they told me to tell you that you're kicked out of punk rock.

-Joe.

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:46 am

mmmmmmmmmm, those witch hunt girls are brassy
*flex* hissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss *flex*

ginx86

Post by ginx86 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:46 am

TooManyHumyns wrote:fuck the des moines social club
Actually a couple of guys from there came out and talked to us after we walked out and they took Brian's side on this one, mainly because Brian flat out apologized. He talked to us for a few minutes and really went out of his way to make sure we knew we were welcome there and that he hoped we'd all come back and that these kinds of shows would become a fixture down there.
Shane wrote:I dislike the comment that started the conflict
Which comment was that the one he actually made which was "Shut up and play" or the comment she created which was "You suck. Shut the fuck up." Because the second one was created while she was up there about to play, when the argument first started outside after Brothers played she quoted him as saying "Shut up and play" which he did, but once she got behind the mic it transformed into the much worse "You suck. Shut the fuck up."
Shane wrote:I'm all about having fun, but not when it's destructive to the venue's property
What was done that was destructive to the venue's property? I saw Clay put his feet up on that white couch in the hallway, that was the most destructive thing I saw any of us do.
Shane wrote:Maybe I'm just not punk enough
Seriously can we completely erase the following from our vocabulary:
"not punk enough" , "not real punk", "more punk than", and anything similar where the word "punk" is used as some sort of guage of superiority or inferiority.
jjjsxe wrote:And I shouldn't be expected to throw one of my friends out of a show just because the band tells me to. Who the fuck do they think they are?
Yeah, she seemed genuinely surprised that we didn't all grab our pitchforks and torches and run Brian out. I thought she had the perfect chance to end the whole mess on a positive note by saying something to the effect of: "Wow, you guys really stick together here, that's admirable". Instead she decided to try and berate us for not kicking him out.
Joe wrote:Witch Hunt called and they told me to tell you that you're kicked out of punk rock.
Finally, I've been wanting to start going to spin classes instead of shows but I didn't want to be called a quitter. Now that I'm kicked out I can start spending my money on spandex shorts, Nike cross trainers, and power bars.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:55 am

fuck the DMSC because, what i have put up with from them the past 3 months....when we have a show booked for 3 months, then we show up, and act like we don't have a pa or mics...what the fuck....then they say, 'well you cant use these, because we booked a show in the other room 3 weeks ago for 830pm' thats a bunch of shit, it shows that they have no care in working with us, and where their priorities really are, then that sound dood saying 'i worked for free tonight' what hte fuck...i was told that i could set the pa and everything up to my liking...didn't happen...i was told 10 different things by 5 different people...really frustrating...that room had TERRIBLE sound......what brian supposedly said was shitty........but witch hunt asking me to throw him out was shitty...they should fight there own battles......he has the right to say what he wants.....other than that.........i reallly wished it all would have worked out better...that drama with brian ruined the show for me...witch hunt is still a really good band, this was just a bad circumstance, they played well....but you could tell they werent really all about being there...i bought a shirt...they and brothers made money....i wish it would have worked out better...but it obviously wasnt meant to be....oh well.....

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:57 am

destructive? i was perfectly respectible to them and their property all night, i had to bite my tounge alot, and i kissed ass most the time, and they still tried to accuse one of us of taking their mic...ughhhhhhhhhhhh

ginx86

Post by ginx86 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:28 am

TooManyHumyns wrote:destructive? i was perfectly respectible to them and their property all night, i had to bite my tounge alot, and i kissed ass most the time, and they still tried to accuse one of us of taking their mic...ughhhhhhhhhhhh
Sounds like you had a lot of hassles last night which sucks. On the bright side GTBB was awesome as usual, you guys rocked, and Brother was solid.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:45 am

agreed, and thank you

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:27 pm

someone should start a band called 'Which Blunt?'

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:40 pm

thats fucked that they gave all their speakers to the bands up front.FUCK THAT your show was booked 3 months ahead of time so you get the shit. thats just common sense those stupid fucks
As time moves
There's no sound

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:41 pm

Fuck what happened yesterday just forget about it and come down to the social club today at 2pm for the Punk Fest. It should be one hell of a good time. 2-8pm $5
As time moves
There's no sound

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:58 pm

no, they didnt give them all to the front show, they acted like it was a chore for us to use them, a big chore... they didn't give us mics, the found 1 we could use...and that was a bitch for them to get them to let us to use...the whole thing just went to shit...hope yer show goes better...'i worked for you for FREE tonight, i didn't have to do this'
fuck that
best wishes
which blunt?

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:06 pm

ginx86 wrote:
Shane wrote:I'm all about having fun, but not when it's destructive to the venue's property
What was done that was destructive to the venue's property? I saw Clay put his feet up on that white couch in the hallway, that was the most destructive thing I saw any of us do.
I seem to remember people in office chairs rolling around and ramming into each other with them. I didn't know it was cool to be four years old and to destroy or come close to destroying anything inside a venue that is being rented and you are privileged to be inside of!

But aside from that, what Witch Hunt said was one of the most outlandish experiences I've ever had at a show. What a bunch of babies. They should be ashamed of themselves for being so self-righteous to think that they can come into a venue and order people around like that.

And any of you who agreed with them should be ashamed too. You don't have to fall in line with a band's ideas just because they dress like you and have similar anarcho politics. I was in disbelief last night at the behavior of people who simply should know better.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:14 pm

i didn't notice that stuff happening, and i agree, the self righteous bullshit was out of control...they acted like we were priveledge to be watching them...not cool...their music is good, their attitude is bad...

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:45 pm

lol please rename this thread SHOULD HAVE WENT TO PENTAGRAM

OneCoolGuy

Re: SHOULD HAVE WENT TO PENTAGRAM...

Post by OneCoolGuy » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:41 pm

Ech. I was sorta bummed I couldn't go to the show. But I guess I didn't miss much? Anyone mind filling me in on what happened in a nutshell?

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:55 pm

It is not very punk to claim punk.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:09 pm

awesome mods rule.

dustingrime

Post by dustingrime » Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:33 am

1.2. go

yea. brian has a right to say what he wants. and so do i.
you all suck for supporting sexism, rudeness and a total lack of respect in the scene.
i booked this show, they are playing this show. i feel we both had a right to not want him in the room while playing. there the band. its there call. you are so close minded that you forget who started it. i think its great that they took a stand for what they believe in and defended people they dont even know. something most of you will never do in you life. i cant even believe you would try to pull the freedom of speech card. everyone wants to do what they want without paying the consequences and then get mad when people react negatively. im dissapointed in all of you. i thought we could be adults about this but apparently thats too much to ask. because of brians actions, an excellent opportunity to get more great bands in des moines was ruined. all because he wanted to be a little prick and diss a band that I invited here, making himself and the rest of the town look like dicks to people willing to give us a chance. how can you say his actions are justified and theirs are not? are people not supposed to stand up for themselves? obviously i misjudged your characters when i thought you were good, understanding people. lets see how you like it when someone comes to your shows and talks shit to your bands. it doesnt fly with me as it shouldnt for you.
freedom of speech? take responsibility for your own actions.

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:53 am

whoa! were we at the same show? how was anyone supporting sexism? i dont think the show got ruined at all, i had fun and all the bands played well. sure it was weird there for a bit, shit just got out of hand, but you cant really judge an entire room of people based off an event that should have been between 2 people. how were we supposed to act? it was shocking that they would want to kick anyone out. i mean, getting called out was one thing, but demanding that he leave the show with no warning, over a comment that got blown way out of proportion, is silly. witty banter/heckling between songs is part of what makes the des moines scene fun, and no other bands ever take shit like that seriously. choke on fun!

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:13 am

This thread got fucking dumb. I've been to shows where plenty of people have talked shit on a band before and didn't watch them play. Don't act like this is the first time, but if he paid he should have every right to be there and say whatever the fuck he wants. That's how I look at it. Quit crying, play your music and be done with it. Besides, I didn't think 'punks' cared what people think or say about them anyway...
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:09 am

tylerjames515 wrote:Quit crying, play your music and be done with it. Besides, I didn't think 'punks' cared what people think or say about them anyway...

im gonna agree you there
As time moves
There's no sound