More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

jessep

Does anyone know anybody from Ames that needs a roommate?

Post by jessep » Fri May 22, 2009 12:05 am

I know this is Des Moines, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

I'm moving to Ames in the fall because I'm going to ISU and I'd like to avoid having to pay for a one bedroom apartment. Does anyone know someone there that needs a roommate? I'm clean, quiet, and easy to get along with. If anyone knows anything, e-mail me at jessep319@hotmail.com. I'd really appreciate it!

weirdtaylor

Re: Does anyone know anybody from Ames that needs a roommate?

Post by weirdtaylor » Sat May 30, 2009 10:43 am

there is a girl by the name of molly mcdonald if you find her im sure she can set you up with something.
If I eat meat, and count sheep to sleep, will the sheep come to eat when I sleep?

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Sun May 31, 2009 7:47 pm

Hey, me and chris are moving up to Ames in the fall too. We are going up there next Saturday to look at places. Ill probably see you tonight if you are interested in living with a couple of ok dudes and want to talk about it. Collectively we have a pretty good record collection and I'll be there with musical instruments if you want to jam. And rent would be a lot cheaper. Think about it!
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

kristy

Post by kristy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:11 pm

Jordan, do you live or hang out in some apartments in Sherman Hill? If so, I waved at you. If not, I waved at your twin.

jessep

Post by jessep » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:22 pm

jjjsXe wrote:Hey, me and chris are moving up to Ames in the fall too. We are going up there next Saturday to look at places. Ill probably see you tonight if you are interested in living with a couple of ok dudes and want to talk about it. Collectively we have a pretty good record collection and I'll be there with musical instruments if you want to jam. And rent would be a lot cheaper. Think about it!
This would be awesome, I'm more than down.

When are you guys planning on moving there?

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:43 pm

kristy wrote:Jordan, do you live or hang out in some apartments in Sherman Hill? If so, I waved at you. If not, I waved at your twin.

That was me. You looked like you were really unsure about it all but decided to wave anyways. Sarah lives in that building. I told her I though you waved at me and she said that a Lambert lives there and I was like ohhhhhhhhhhhh

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:50 pm

jessep wrote:

Well, we are going up to Ames Saturday to look for what is available. We hope to try to sign a lease for August 1st or so. Do you have any specific needs, wants, not wants?

Basically both of us would prefer to NOT live directly in the middle of campus town, some-what outside the craziness of it all. We would prefer a small house or duplex, something with a garage, cat/pet friendly, maybe a basement. Those things could be worked out. But I have a cat I am not willing to part with so the biggest concern is that you can have pets and it isn't a million dollars. Let me know if you have any specific wants and things and we can work shit out! This could be a fun fun time.

crow

Post by crow » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:01 pm

does anyone know what happened to the place that pratt used to rent that they built the mini ramp at?
"boobiez and buttz"
- u-god of the wu tang clan

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:30 pm

crow wrote:does anyone know what happened to the place that pratt used to rent that they built the mini ramp at?
there is a house by the towers that has a mini ramp, it looks old though. i never knew where he lived when he lived in Ames

crow

Post by crow » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:32 pm

that's the place. i assume it'd be rented for next year by now but that wouldn't be too bad of a place too live.
"boobiez and buttz"
- u-god of the wu tang clan

jonnyROCKET

Post by jonnyROCKET » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:01 pm

jjjsXe wrote:Basically both of us would prefer to NOT live directly in the middle of campus town, some-what outside the craziness of it all. We would prefer a small house or duplex, something with a garage, cat/pet friendly, maybe a basement. Those things could be worked out. But I have a cat I am not willing to part with so the biggest concern is that you can have pets and it isn't a million dollars. Let me know if you have any specific wants and things and we can work shit out! This could be a fun fun time.
Look for stuff west of campus- West St., Story St., etc. It's close to campus but not in the college-y campus areas. There are a lot of small houses and duplexes. But good luck finding a 3 br place at this time.

jessep

Post by jessep » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:35 pm

jjjsXe wrote:
jessep wrote:

Well, we are going up to Ames Saturday to look for what is available. We hope to try to sign a lease for August 1st or so. Do you have any specific needs, wants, not wants?

Basically both of us would prefer to NOT live directly in the middle of campus town, some-what outside the craziness of it all. We would prefer a small house or duplex, something with a garage, cat/pet friendly, maybe a basement. Those things could be worked out. But I have a cat I am not willing to part with so the biggest concern is that you can have pets and it isn't a million dollars. Let me know if you have any specific wants and things and we can work shit out! This could be a fun fun time.
I'm not very particular. As long as it's within reasonable distance from the campus and isn't a complete shithole, I'll be fine haha.

I was checking this website out and they have some places you guys should look into.

http://www.rentames.com