Could take 'em or leave 'em
13%
I'm a cop I'm a cop I'm a cop I'm a cop I'm a cop I'm a cop I'm a cop
13%

Total votes: 8

Nick

Mr. Baber's Neighbors - Yea or Nay?

Post by Nick » Mon May 18, 2009 2:15 pm

I really like these guys and always have a good time when I see them play. Talented dudes for their style.

I've been listening to "The Solar String Band" quite a bit today and it is a great CD. Great summertime music. This and Old Crow Medicine Show have been getting plenty of rotation lately.

joseph

Re: Mr. Baber's Neighbors - Yea or Nay?

Post by joseph » Mon May 18, 2009 2:47 pm

COPCOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPOPCOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPOPCOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPOPCOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPOPCOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPOPCOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPOPCOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPOPCOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPOPCOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPOPCOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPOPCOCPCOPCOCPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPHIPPYCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOPCOP

COP

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Mon May 18, 2009 3:06 pm

ive never listened to this band
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Thom

Post by Thom » Mon May 18, 2009 3:09 pm

I have also never listened to this band. I thought the name was pretty dumb so I just avoided them at all costs.

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon May 18, 2009 3:10 pm

yes you have. you just didnt know it

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Mon May 18, 2009 3:29 pm

If you haven't seen them and you like bluegrassy kinda stuff then yeah check them out. Paul Perkins, thier banjo player, is a teacher at Riemans and he is fuckin awesome! They are all good players! Which Old Crow are you listening too, I got into them a few years ago and have all thier stuff and went and saw them in Ames last year, holy shit what a good show! NOT a fan of the new stuff, sounds too over-produced for a bluegrass record, but thier other stuff is tight

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon May 18, 2009 3:49 pm

KY Jelly Belly wrote:If you haven't seen them and you like bluegrassy kinda stuff then yeah check them out. Paul Perkins, thier banjo player, is a teacher at Riemans and he is fuckin awesome! They are all good players! Which Old Crow are you listening too, I got into them a few years ago and have all thier stuff and went and saw them in Ames last year, holy shit what a good show! NOT a fan of the new stuff, sounds too over-produced for a bluegrass record, but thier other stuff is tight
I'll second Paul being an awesome banjo player. Jeff is a great guitarist too and the dude who plays mandolin (I forget his hame) is insane! My buddy Josh Riley has played with them a few times (he is a great guitarist himself) and he says it is hard keeping up.

Anyway, I've been listening to "O.C.M.S.", which is my favorite album of theirs, by far. I agree their newer stuff isn't as good. I really didn't like "Big Iron World" at all. Still haven't heard their newest one yet, but I have heard it is better. I like "Eutaw" too.

Also...thanks to whoever fucked with that poll. That was sweet!
Last edited by Nick on Mon May 18, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon May 18, 2009 3:53 pm

servo wrote:ive never listened to this band
Thom wrote:I have also never listened to this band. I thought the name was pretty dumb so I just avoided them at all costs.
Takes me being in a certain mood to get into this kind of music, but a few times a year, I get on a huge Bluegrass kick. I guess I am in one of those moods now. You guys should check them out and go see them sometime. They are great, if you can stomach the smell of patchouli and lots of tie-dye.

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon May 18, 2009 4:06 pm

Nick wrote:
KY Jelly Belly wrote:If you haven't seen them and you like bluegrassy kinda stuff then yeah check them out. Paul Perkins, thier banjo player, is a teacher at Riemans and he is fuckin awesome! They are all good players! Which Old Crow are you listening too, I got into them a few years ago and have all thier stuff and went and saw them in Ames last year, holy shit what a good show! NOT a fan of the new stuff, sounds too over-produced for a bluegrass record, but thier other stuff is tight
I'll second Paul being an awesome banjo player. Jeff is a great guitarist too and the dude who plays mandolin (I forget his hame) is insane! My buddy Josh Riley has played with them a few times (he is a great guitarist himself) and he says it is hard keeping up.

Anyway, I've been listening to "O.C.M.S.", which is my favorite album of theirs, by far. I agree their newer stuff isn't as good. I really didn't like "Big Iron World" at all. Still haven't heard their newest one yet, but I have heard it is better. I like "Eutaw" too.

Also...thanks to whoever fucked with that poll. That was sweet!
you drop more names than servo the narc.

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon May 18, 2009 4:11 pm

joseph wrote:you drop more names than servo the narc.
You should have seen what I dropped off in the toilet when I got to work this morning. I almost shed a tear.

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon May 18, 2009 4:21 pm

are they on fat wreck?

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Mon May 18, 2009 4:27 pm

just a friendly reminder
come on out to the haunted basement on saturday may 30th to see fat wreck recording artists banner pilot
and then get arrested.
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Mon May 18, 2009 4:55 pm

This band sucks cock.

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon May 18, 2009 5:50 pm

servo wrote:just a friendly reminder
come on out to the haunted basement on saturday may 30th to see fat wreck recording artists banner pilot
and then get arrested.
^^^This! lol.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Mon May 18, 2009 8:18 pm

Baber's Neighbor kicks serious ass! They're not only a great band, but they are all good dudes and they smoke alotta weed too. If you don't like them is just because you suck.
I poop on Petland!

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue May 19, 2009 10:06 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:Baber's Neighbor kicks serious ass! They're not only a great band, but they are all good dudes and they smoke alotta weed too. If you don't like them is just because you suck.
take a hit. be somebody.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue May 19, 2009 2:47 pm

joseph wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:Baber's Neighbor kicks serious ass! They're not only a great band, but they are all good dudes and they smoke alotta weed too. If you don't like them is just because you suck.
take a hit. be somebody.
I do more bong hits before 5 am than most people do all day.
I poop on Petland!

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Tue May 19, 2009 2:52 pm

No one is going to the HB on the 30th.
Everyone will be at Ghost Towns.

-Joe.