More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Nick

Can we talk about how awesome George Brett is?

Post by Nick » Tue May 12, 2009 2:57 pm

This may have talked about this last year, but being baseball season, it needs to be re-visited. George Brett may be my favorite human being in the whole world. Here's why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUdHMkE5Qdk

Favorite part: "I woke up in the morning.....took the most perfect double-tapered shit in my life. True Story." Lolz.

Thom

Re: Can we talk about how awesome George Brett is?

Post by Thom » Tue May 12, 2009 3:29 pm

Just watched this over on the pop punk bored. Pretty good link for a cop.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue May 12, 2009 3:38 pm

So are you gonna go to the Larry Arms show at The Metro in October?

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Tue May 12, 2009 3:41 pm

speaking of the PPMB im gonna go hang out with sam in dc later this month. soooo stoked
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue May 12, 2009 3:53 pm

servo wrote:speaking of the PPMB im gonna go hang out with sam in dc later this month. soooo stoked
So what are you just touring around the U.S. or some shit? Wish I could do that. Tell Sam high for me and that he better have my record order shipped out before he leaves on tour.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Tue May 12, 2009 3:54 pm

Wow, members of a pop punk message board talking about something they already talked about on a pop punk message board.

-Joe.

Thom

Post by Thom » Tue May 12, 2009 3:55 pm

Nick wrote:So are you gonna go to the Larry Arms show at The Metro in October?
For sure. I've never been to the metro, and Chicago kinda sketches me out. But I've never even seen them, and they were a staple of my teen years.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue May 12, 2009 4:08 pm

Thom wrote:
Nick wrote:So are you gonna go to the Larry Arms show at The Metro in October?
For sure. I've never been to the metro, and Chicago kinda sketches me out. But I've never even seen them, and they were a staple of my teen years.
The Metro is pretty decent. The sound is great but the drinks are expensive. It is probably the best of the "larger" club venues in Chicago. Reggies is still better, but also a lot smaller.

Also...this is pretty much in Wrigelyville, so there is nothing that should really sketch you out. It is nothing like the area that Reggies is in (which can be sketchy as fuck).

I full intend on going to this show. I miss Chicago and whenever Larry Arms plays in Chicago, it is always a great time.

Thom

Post by Thom » Tue May 12, 2009 4:15 pm

Dude, the only time I have ever been to Reggies was to see D4 a few months back. Servo and I are standing outside and some crazed crackhead wanders up to us and looks me dead in the eyes and says "obama is a pussy" or some shit like that.

I don't even know how to process all the things that happened in that neighborhood. Nice venue, but a buuuuunnnnch of weirdos.

I know I'm going to go for sure. I know Crispin is in.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue May 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Hey...at least you didn't get robbed. That is pretty common around Reggies. For the most part, those crazy crackhead dudes are pretty harmless and just want your spare change so they can go to the liquor store.

Who is Crispin? I need to meet people. :?

Thom

Post by Thom » Tue May 12, 2009 4:26 pm

Oh. Ha, that's Eric, one of my roommates. He posts here as crispin but not a lot lately.

He's really into pop punk in general. He's the genius half of boy meets world.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Tue May 12, 2009 4:27 pm

Nick wrote: Who is Crispin? I need to meet people. :?
It's called going to shows even though the bands aren't signed to Fat Wreck. I know, I know, it's a waste of time when it comes down to the actual music being played, but it's a good way to meet people.

-Joe.

Thom

Post by Thom » Tue May 12, 2009 4:30 pm

Got a call from Fat Mike today. Wants to sign big dicks. Told him only for $420 advance and if we did a headlining tour with grinwire.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Tue May 12, 2009 4:33 pm

Oh fuck yeah, I can ditch all my other bands now that we're on (FAT WRECK).

-Joe.

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue May 12, 2009 8:47 pm

Joe wrote:
It's called going to shows even though the bands aren't signed to Fat Wreck. I know, I know, it's a waste of time when it comes down to the actual music being played, but it's a good way to meet people.

-Joe.
When did I say that going to shows was a waste of time? And I don't really see what Fat Wreck has to do with anything? Getting time to go to shows is easier said than done for me. I can't really get to shows on weeknights, so those are pretty much out. That only leaves 2 weekends a month I can go to shows at the drop of a hat. Believe me, I wish I could go to shows whenever I wanted, but having a "family" doesn't really leave a lot of free time for stuff that doesn't involve "family." I'm sorry if that is a concept you can't really wrap your head around.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue May 12, 2009 9:52 pm

Someone link me to this pop punk board.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue May 12, 2009 10:10 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:Someone link me to this pop punk board.
http://bored.knockknockrecords.com/index.php

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed May 13, 2009 2:31 am

Nick wrote: Also...this is pretty much in Wrigelyville, so there is nothing that should really sketch you out.
I don't think the Metro could be any further into Wrigelyville. It's what a block south of Wrigely?

Best venue in Chicago hands down is the Aragon Ballroom aka the Aragon Brawlroom.

I think the last time that I followed baseball was 80 when Brett almost hit .400. My father took me to a bunch of Royals games that summer. Mostly Yankee games against Jackson. Been thinking about taking the kid down to KC and going to a Royals game, World of Fun and maybe a Wizzards game.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed May 13, 2009 4:04 am

Nick wrote:When did I say that going to shows was a waste of time? And I don't really see what Fat Wreck has to do with anything? Getting time to go to shows is easier said than done for me. I can't really get to shows on weeknights, so those are pretty much out. That only leaves 2 weekends a month I can go to shows at the drop of a hat. Believe me, I wish I could go to shows whenever I wanted, but having a "family" doesn't really leave a lot of free time for stuff that doesn't involve "family." I'm sorry if that is a concept you can't really wrap your head around.
Going to shows is definitely not a waste of time... just so long as the bands are either a) pop punk or, b) signed to Fat Wreck, preferably both. Anything else and I'd rather be at KFC.

Also, lol at you using your "family" as an excuse to why you don't go to any shows. There are plenty of people on here and in the scene that have "families" and still manage to make it out to shows (and play them) at least a few times a month. :roll: :roll: :roll:
If you wanna talk with a bunch of Servos and Nicks and other "rad" people like that, be my guest...

-Joe.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Wed May 13, 2009 4:44 am

Joe wrote:
Nick wrote:When did I say that going to shows was a waste of time? And I don't really see what Fat Wreck has to do with anything? Getting time to go to shows is easier said than done for me. I can't really get to shows on weeknights, so those are pretty much out. That only leaves 2 weekends a month I can go to shows at the drop of a hat. Believe me, I wish I could go to shows whenever I wanted, but having a "family" doesn't really leave a lot of free time for stuff that doesn't involve "family." I'm sorry if that is a concept you can't really wrap your head around.
Going to shows is definitely not a waste of time... just so long as the bands are either a) pop punk or, b) signed to Fat Wreck, preferably both. Anything else and I'd rather be at KFC.

Also, lol at you using your "family" as an excuse to why you don't go to any shows. There are plenty of people on here and in the scene that have "families" and still manage to make it out to shows (and play them) at least a few times a month. :roll: :roll: :roll:
If you wanna talk with a bunch of Servos and Nicks and other "rad" people like that, be my guest...

-Joe.
I just wanted to check it out. I always hear about it, but it looks really boring. The only way I'll sign up for it is if everyone from this board spams it with their n00dz.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed May 13, 2009 9:09 am

DaVo wrote:Best venue in Chicago hands down is the Aragon Ballroom aka the Aragon Brawlroom.
The Aragon? Really? The venue is definitely nice, but the sound is just horrible there.

Been to Reggie's yet? Such a great venue. Great sound, nice capacity, decent drink prices, awesome food (seriously) and there is an awesome record store (Record Breakers) attached to it.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed May 13, 2009 9:51 am

Wade Boggs

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 am

Hank Fist wrote:Wade Boggs
YES.
he tongued home plate.

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Wed May 13, 2009 12:46 pm

Nick wrote:
DaVo wrote:Best venue in Chicago hands down is the Aragon Ballroom aka the Aragon Brawlroom.
The Aragon? Really? The venue is definitely nice, but the sound is just horrible there.

Been to Reggie's yet? Such a great venue. Great sound, nice capacity, decent drink prices, awesome food (seriously) and there is an awesome record store (Record Breakers) attached to it.
Been to Reggie's and it's pretty sweet, I just went to see the Slackers/Green Room Rockers in Chicago at The Bottom Lounge and that place was the shit! The sound was perfect, it's a decent sized venue, they have awesome food, the area isn't too sketchy, the only problem I found was the price of drinks!

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed May 13, 2009 3:05 pm

Nick wrote:

I don't know who you saw there but I never noticed the sound being bad. No I haven't been to Reggie's, in fact it's been a while since I saw a show in Chicago. The Congress isn't bad either but the area isn't the best. I don't know if it still is but it used to be that you paid the local gang to not break into your car to park in the lot south of the place. If you didn't they'd break out your windows and take anything of value.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed May 13, 2009 3:51 pm

DaVo wrote:The Congress isn't bad either but the area isn't the best. I don't know if it still is but it used to be that you paid the local gang to not break into your car to park in the lot south of the place. If you didn't they'd break out your windows and take anything of value.

Yeah....The Congress is in a semi-sketchy area, but not too bad. Definitely not as bad as the area around Reggies. Any time I ever went to a show at The Congress though, I always paid the $15 or whatever it was to park in one of those fenced-in lots across the street. My car never got fucked with.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed May 13, 2009 6:52 pm

Nick wrote:
DaVo wrote:The Congress isn't bad either but the area isn't the best. I don't know if it still is but it used to be that you paid the local gang to not break into your car to park in the lot south of the place. If you didn't they'd break out your windows and take anything of value.

Yeah....The Congress is in a semi-sketchy area, but not too bad. Definitely not as bad as the area around Reggies. Any time I ever went to a show at The Congress though, I always paid the $15 or whatever it was to park in one of those fenced-in lots across the street. My car never got fucked with.
I was just thinking it's been about 10 years since I went to a show in Chicago . Every year I say this is the year I'm going to Riot Fest and then at the last minute something comes up. Now when we go up there we go to the Field or the Shed and head home.

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Hank Fist wrote:Wade Boggs
I think you are onto something here, Hank Fist.

I just read an awesome story about how Wade Boggs used to regularly drink 50-60 Miller Lites on cross county plane trips from Boston to L.A. That is amazing. You can read about it here:

http://64millerlites.blogspot.com/2008/02/test.html

Fucking Legend!

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue May 19, 2009 10:07 am

hes also a client.