More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Re: Million Marijuana Seed Movement

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:22 pm

DaVo wrote:Complete Bullshit. Kids smoke pot to get high. Next you are going to tell me that they are drinking at the Kegger cause they are worried about the health of their heart.

You made my point - "SOURCE: BioMed Central, news release, April 22, 2009"
So what if some people smoke it to get high? Some people use it for medicine too. What's your point and why are you talking about something you know nothing about?
I poop on Petland!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:23 pm

April 24, 2009

Board must study whether marijuana is accepted medical use

CHASE DAVIS
Register Staff Writer

A Polk County judge ruled Thursday that the Iowa Pharmacy Board must examine whether marijuana has an accepted medical use, a decision some said could unfreeze debate on the drug’s use for medical purposes in Iowa.

The ruling, handed down by Polk County District Judge Joel D. Novak, would not legalize marijuana for medical purposes in the state. Instead, it forces the pharmacy board to consider whether it is properly classified as a Schedule I controlled substance under Iowa law.

Four petitioners asked the board to review the drug’s classification last summer. The board ruled in October that the petitioners had to prove that the drug lacked a high potential for abuse before it would be reclassified. The American Civil Liberties Union of Iowa appealed the decision.

"The Pharmacy Board has been saying ' We should wait for the feds to do something', but the law doesn't say to wait," said Randall Wilson, the attorney who argued the case for the ACLU.

Marijuana can now be used under medical supervision in at least 13 states to battle nausea, pain and other symptoms brought on by diseases such as cancer and AIDS, according to the ACLU.
I poop on Petland!

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:29 pm

servo wrote:bolding parts of text does not win any arguments
Hmm an Open access Aggregates. Great source of reliable information. What couldn't find anything on wiki, hightimes or the onino website? With a target toward junk science and herbal medicine.

Let's be realistic if you ask a kid why they are using marijuana they are going to try to justify it. They are not going to say I'm smoke 2 bowls a day cause I'm a stoner that wants to get high. They are going to come up with some other bull shit to justify it. The idea that these kids function better intoxicated is a joke.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:36 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
DaVo wrote:Complete Bullshit. Kids smoke pot to get high. Next you are going to tell me that they are drinking at the Kegger cause they are worried about the health of their heart.

So what if some people smoke it to get high? Some people use it for medicine too. What's your point and why are you talking about something you know nothing about?
Hey if you want to get high, great for you but don't come up some bullshit reason to smoke pot. On the same site you quoted there was an article that stated that a recent study on nicotine, stated that it can reduce negative emotions such as anger. Even if it does, that is not what a majority of smokers use nicotine for or why they smoke. They smoke because for one reason or other they enjoy it and more than often they are addicted to nicotine. Not because if they stop smoking they are going to have all these anger management problems.

I think everyone on this site would call me out if I said I'm not going to quit smoking cause I have anger issues and I fear my emotional health would suffer. You all would call that a bullshit reason to not quit.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:38 pm

DaVo wrote:
Hmm an Open access Aggregates. Great source of reliable information. What couldn't find anything on wiki, hightimes or the onino website? With a target toward junk science and herbal medicine.

Let's be realistic if you ask a kid why they are using marijuana they are going to try to justify it. They are not going to say I'm smoke 2 bowls a day cause I'm a stoner that wants to get high. They are going to come up with some other bull shit to justify it. The idea that these kids function better intoxicated is a joke.
And that's so bad because.........?

Are you trying to say that drugs like Ritalin and Adderol (legal meth) work better than Cannabis for things like ADHD, anxiety, depression. etc?
I poop on Petland!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:41 pm

DaVo wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:

I think everyone on this site would call me out if I said I'm not going to quit smoking cause I have anger issues and I fear my emotional health would suffer. You all would call that a bullshit reason to not quit.
I wouldn't call you out. I'd recommend that you smoke cannabis instead of cigarettes.

I'm just trying to make you a better person.

Are you coming to our show at The Hull this tomorrow night? We play around 11. I'll buy you one of those fancy pants beers if the Hull has any.
I poop on Petland!

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:44 pm

Is the Marijuana March the same event that we saw pictures of years ago featuring that Gordon jerkoff and a bunch of other elderly derelicts standing around a sign looking dazed giving peace signs?

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:46 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:April 24, 2009

CHASE DAVIS
Register Staff Writer

A Polk County judge ruled Thursday that the Iowa Pharmacy Board must examine whether marijuana has an accepted medical use, a decision some said could unfreeze debate on the drug’s use for medical purposes in Iowa.

The ruling, handed down by Polk County District Judge Joel D. Novak, would not legalize marijuana for medical purposes in the state. Instead, it forces the pharmacy board to consider whether it is properly classified as a Schedule I controlled substance under Iowa law.

Four petitioners asked the board to review the drug’s classification last summer. The board ruled in October that the petitioners had to prove that the drug lacked a high potential for abuse before it would be reclassified. The American Civil Liberties Union of Iowa appealed the decision.

"The Pharmacy Board has been saying ' We should wait for the feds to do something', but the law doesn't say to wait," said Randall Wilson, the attorney who argued the case for the ACLU.

Marijuana can now be used under medical supervision in at least 13 states to battle nausea, pain and other symptoms brought on by diseases such as cancer and AIDS, according to the ACLU.
See this is the part that don't people know. When the fed came up with the drug classification it was based on weather or not the drug had any medical value. Since there has yet to be a conclusive study proving it in fact has a medical use the classification will not change. This also includes most hallucinogen drugs also fall under this same classification.

See the reason we keep hearing about medical marijuana is that if they can find the magical medical uses it will more likely be made legal. Without it falls into the limbo of a recreational drug and will more than likely never be decriminalized. Just like LSD, mescaline, peyote, etc... Which are all a great deal more dangerous and have no medical value.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:50 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
DaVo wrote:

And that's so bad because.........?

Are you trying to say that drugs like Ritalin and Adderol (legal meth) work better than Cannabis for things like ADHD, anxiety, depression. etc?
No because I think Ritalin and Adderol are completely over used in children that has simple behavioral problems. The biggest deference is the fact that Ritalin and Adderol uses is regulated and over seen by a medical professional. These kids are just self medicating themselves and like I said it is complete bullshit that they are not just justifying getting high.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:53 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
DaVo wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote: So what if some people smoke it to get high? Some people use it for medicine too. What's your point and why are you talking about something you know nothing about?
I wouldn't call you out. I'd recommend that you smoke cannabis instead of cigarettes.

I'm just trying to make you a better person.

Are you coming to our show at The Hull this tomorrow night? We play around 11. I'll buy you one of those fancy pants beers if the Hull has any.
I go straight to sleep on pot. Never liked the feeling or the vibe of the whole thing. Doesn't interest me at all.

I think just quitting would be a better answer but I don't see that happening.

I have my son Sunday Morning so I try to avoid going out on Saturday night. In fact my favorite night to go out in Monday or Tuesday.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:32 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
Walking Thunder wrote: Makes you stupid and causes harm to yourself and others like this: http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs. ... 29949/1006
Turner said the evidence suggests that Fry, after a night of heavy drinking, broke into McEwen’s apartment because he was disoriented and believed it to be his own apartment in Wilton.

Testimony showed that Fry was taken out barhopping in Iowa City to celebrate his 21st birthday.

Turner said Fry was in a blackout condition because of alcohol consumption and that a fight ensued between the men in the dark bedroom because Fry believed McEwen to be the intruder.
What are you pointing out? The excessive consumption is to blame? The substance in the article is alcohol? Are you arguing against or with me? Bolding the text is a bit vague.

Basically, I don't hear of too many stories where someone smokes so much weed that they beat a man to death. Then again this particular story is quite extreme it doesn't detract away from the idea that, at least for me, alcohol consumption has a better chance of invoking violence than marijuana consumption. Just cruise through Iowa City's Ped Mall on a Friday or Saturday night.
DaVo wrote:Also smoking marijuana can lead to increased anxiety, panic attacks, depression, social withdrawal, and other mental health problems. The effects can also cause short-term effects as distorted perception, memory loss, and trouble with thinking and problem solving. In other words it makes you stupid and increases the chances of causing harm to yourself and others. Lets not even get into the fact that there are often dangerous additives added to Marijuana to increase the effect of the THC such as PCP, ammonia, rubbing alcohol, and Embalming Fluid.
Apparently panic attacks, difficulties thinking and problem solving are not just symptoms of smoking weed. Alcohol, which it seems DaVo treasures in some sense, can produce the same kind of adverse effects. That's what I was trying to point out, JRS. Hopefully your bold text was trying to do the same.
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:58 pm

DaVo wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:April 24, 2009

CHASE DAVIS
Register Staff Writer

See this is the part that people don't know. When the fed came up with the drug classification it was based on weather or not the drug had any medical value..
Actually, that is something anybody who has a basic knowledge of drug laws knows. The Feds lied when they classified cannabis as a Schedule I drug.
DaVo wrote: Since there has yet to be a conclusive study proving it in fact has a medical use the classification will not change. This also includes most hallucinogen drugs also fall under this same classification.
Therre have been several conclusive studies proving cannabis has medical uses. Once again, you're speaking on something you don't know anything about.
DaVo wrote:See the reason we keep hearing about medical marijuana is that if they can find the magical medical uses it will more likely be made legal..
The reason you keep hearing about medical marijuana is because for many people it is the only thing that works for pain, nausea and other ailments and those people are sicl of SWAT teams busting down there doors, killing their dogs, beating them up and that's before the courts torture them.
DaVo wrote: Without it falls into the limbo of a recreational drug and will more than likely never be decriminalized. Just like LSD, mescaline, peyote, etc... Which are all a great deal more dangerous and have no medical value.
You mean recreational drugs such as alcohol?
I poop on Petland!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:00 pm

I poop on Petland!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:03 pm

Walking Thunder wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:
Walking Thunder wrote: Makes you stupid and causes harm to yourself and others like this: http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pbcs. ... 29949/1006
Turner said the evidence suggests that Fry, after a night of heavy drinking, broke into McEwen’s apartment because he was disoriented and believed it to be his own apartment in Wilton.

Testimony showed that Fry was taken out barhopping in Iowa City to celebrate his 21st birthday.

Turner said Fry was in a blackout condition because of alcohol consumption and that a fight ensued between the men in the dark bedroom because Fry believed McEwen to be the intruder.
What are you pointing out? The excessive consumption is to blame? The substance in the article is alcohol? Are you arguing against or with me? Bolding the text is a bit vague.

Basically, I don't hear of too many stories where someone smokes so much weed that they beat a man to death. Then again this particular story is quite extreme it doesn't detract away from the idea that, at least for me, alcohol consumption has a better chance of invoking violence than marijuana consumption. Just cruise through Iowa City's Ped Mall on a Friday or Saturday night.
DaVo wrote:Also smoking marijuana can lead to increased anxiety, panic attacks, depression, social withdrawal, and other mental health problems. The effects can also cause short-term effects as distorted perception, memory loss, and trouble with thinking and problem solving. In other words it makes you stupid and increases the chances of causing harm to yourself and others. Lets not even get into the fact that there are often dangerous additives added to Marijuana to increase the effect of the THC such as PCP, ammonia, rubbing alcohol, and Embalming Fluid.
Apparently panic attacks, difficulties thinking and problem solving are not just symptoms of smoking weed. Alcohol, which it seems DaVo treasures in some sense, can produce the same kind of adverse effects. That's what I was trying to point out, JRS. Hopefully your bold text was trying to do the same.
Yep. I'm just pointing out that alcohol is a far more dangerous recreational dryg than cannabis. Davo says he's for legalizing weed as long as it's taxed at 300%. I wonder if he'd be ok with beer being taxed at that rate?
I poop on Petland!

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Back to the original topic at hand, what is this seed sending business really going to accomplish?
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:58 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:Here Davo....educate yourself.

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/ ... legal.html
OK, first off the production of Hemp was wide spread throughout the US well into the 50s. The reason was not to smoke it but the production of Rope. If I hear one more time about the founding fathers growing pot I'm going to scream. As the uses of Nylon increased in post WWII America, the profit of Hemp production decreased. This idea that Hearst wanted to outlaw Marijuana to reduce the competition with Hemp based paper is unfounded. If there was a profit to be found in the production of Hemp paper it would have seen it's way into the free market. The bottom line is that nylon lasted longer and is cheaper to produce. In fact, I believe that you can still legally buy Hemp.

Harry J. Anslinger was a grandstanding right wing racist asshole out to make a name for himself. He's targets were minorities and liberal sub-cultures that many felt were undermining the "American way of Life". In much the way they outlawed prostitution with the fear of White Slavery or today the way the right portrays same sex marriage. Marijuana was demonized as the source of social problems that ran much deep then the use of the drug. It just so happened that the criminal problems, due to poverty, lack of opportunities and being uneducated. took place in social sub-cultures or minorities that smoked pot.

Like I've said time and time again. I would like to see them decriminalize but it should be treated like any other recreational drug with heavy taxes and control distribution. It does intoxicate the user, impairs their judgment and reduces their motor skills. The juries is still out on what health effects long term uses of the drug causes and as I stated before the truth lies somewhere between DEA and NORML.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:31 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
Walking Thunder wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:

Yep. I'm just pointing out that alcohol is a far more dangerous recreational dryg than cannabis. Davo says he's for legalizing weed as long as it's taxed at 300%. I wonder if he'd be ok with beer being taxed at that rate?
Alcohol is heavily taxed. Long before the pint of fancy pants beer is set upon the paper coaster in front of me it has been taxed 4 times. First there is an import tax . Then there is a Federal excise tax. Next comes an state excise tax(Alcohol can not be sold in the state of Iowa by anyone other then the State and the markup is 50%). Lastly 6% at sale. Keep in mind that you are paying a tax on a tax on a tax, etc...

so if a can of beer costs $1.00 when it's enters the US chances are that by the time the bar buys it it's going to cost them $2.15
Import 10% $0.10 = 1.10
Fed 30% $0,33 = $1.43
state 50% $0.72 = $2.15
state sales tax 6% + 300% mark up at most bars $0.37 = $6.82

That's a total of $1.52 in taxes for a $1.00 can of beer aka 150%. This doesn't even take into account additional revenues in the form of permits and licenses which are set at what volume the business handles. so that could be an additional 10 or 20%.

So 300% may be a bit high but I think it is safe to say that to be in line with alcohol it will be between 150% to 175%.

One of the biggest reasons I want to see it decriminalized in the additional tax revenue and the reduction of the cost of enforcement and storage of offenders. A good side effect is there would be more focus on the trafficking of harder addictive drugs.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:45 pm

words.......words.......words......
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 pm

hemp can be used for many many more things then just rope, i think you know that. and it's really fucking cheap. nylon isn't better.

pot solves any abdominal distress except the flu.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:23 am

Davo, here's your invitation to debate the experts.

There is a Medical Marijuana Forum tonight at 7pm following the Drake Relays on campus at Olin Hall, 1344 27TH ST

We will be showing the award winning documentary, "Waiting to Inhale." This will be followed by patients telling their stories and an open forum where YOU CAN ASK QUESTIONS!

Speakers:
Jeff Elton: Diabetic Neuropathic Gastroparesis
Lisa Jackson: Fibromyalgia
Ray Lakers: Multiple Sclerosis
Jacob Orr: Severe Chronic Pain
Carl Olsen: Legal Expert

Carl is the one who sued and won this court case the past week.
I poop on Petland!

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:Davo, here's your invitation to debate the experts.

There is a Medical Marijuana Forum tonight at 7pm following the Drake Relays on campus at Olin Hall, 1344 27TH ST

We will be showing the award winning documentary, "Waiting to Inhale." This will be followed by patients telling their stories and an open forum where YOU CAN ASK QUESTIONS!

Speakers:
Jeff Elton: Diabetic Neuropathic Gastroparesis
Lisa Jackson: Fibromyalgia
Ray Lakers: Multiple Sclerosis
Jacob Orr: Severe Chronic Pain
Carl Olsen: Legal Expert

Carl is the one who sued and won this court case the past week.
I'll be making money while this is going on and since the decriminalization of marijuana will have no effect on my life, it's not something I'm going to waste my time on.