More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Million Marijuana Seed Movement

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:02 pm

4/20/2009 marks the beginning of the Million Marijuana Seed Movement. Our goal is to send one million marijuana seeds to the White House between 4/20/2009 and 4/20/2010

Everybody please anonymously send one marijuana seed to:

President Barry Obama
c/o The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 20500

Make sure you don't use your real return address. Something like, 420 High Street, Hemphill, your state, is good. Be creative!

and if you are really motivated send one to your Federal and State law makers too.
I poop on Petland!

TooManyHumyns

Re: Million Marijuana Seed Movement

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:56 pm

...together, we can all make a difference...

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:26 pm

T.E.A.M.:Together Everyone Accomplishes More

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:46 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:4/20/2009 marks the beginning of the Million Marijuana Seed Movement. Our goal is to send one million marijuana seeds to the White House between 4/20/2009 and 4/20/2010

President Barry Obama
c/o The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 20500

Make sure you don't use your real return address. Something like, 420 High Street, Hemphill, your state, is good. Be creative!

and if you are really motivated send one to your Federal and State law makers too.
OK, stupidest thing I've read this month. Yeah this is going to get pot decriminalized. It's kind of a selfish cause when you think about it. I mean you could have a million people send letters to the President demanding a national health care system or ending the war in Iraq or to end world hunger. But no you want to be able to smoke your pot. I'm thinking there is bigger and more important issues that need support.

Personal I want it legal, so they can tax the fuck out of it. I'm talking like 300%. Not only will it be a great source of tax money but the price will be so high these asses can't afford it.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:22 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:

does not compute.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:39 am

DaVo wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:4/20/2009 marks the beginning of the Million Marijuana Seed Movement. Our goal is to send one million marijuana seeds to the White House between 4/20/2009 and 4/20/2010

President Barry Obama
c/o The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 20500

OK, stupidest thing I've read this month. Yeah this is going to get pot decriminalized. It's kind of a selfish cause when you think about it. I mean you could have a million people send letters to the President demanding a national health care system or ending the war in Iraq or to end world hunger. But no you want to be able to smoke your pot. I'm thinking there is bigger and more important issues that need support.

Personal I want it legal, so they can tax the fuck out of it. I'm talking like 300%. Not only will it be a great source of tax money but the price will be so high these asses can't afford it.
I hope you weren't drinking one of them fancy pants beers your always carrying on about while you wrote that. If you drink alcohol and talk about taxing a plant no more harmfiul than tomatoes, at 300%, you're nothing but a big fat hypocrite. Take your commie healthcare and shove it up your ass.

Oh, and have a Happy 4/20! :D
I poop on Petland!

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:40 am

robdigi wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:

does not compute.
that's cause you're not high enough.
I poop on Petland!

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:39 am

one million stamps at 44 cents. talk about weed on the brain.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:44 am

joseph wrote:one million stamps at 44 cents. talk about weed on the brain.
Think about it; while you're sending Nobama a message, you're helping keep a few more postal workers employed. It's a great thing for everyone involved!
I poop on Petland!

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:48 am

thats fine with me. my Mom works for the post office.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:14 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
DaVo wrote:

President Barry Obama
c/o The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 20500

I hope you weren't drinking one of them fancy pants beers your always carrying on about while you wrote that. If you drink alcohol and talk about taxing a plant no more harmfiul than tomatoes, at 300%, you're nothing but a big fat hypocrite. Take your commie healthcare and shove it up your ass.

This myth of marijuana being harmless is complete bullshit. Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains a number of irritants and carcinogens. Smoking a marijuana joints deposits about three to five times more tar into the lungs than one filtered tobacco cigarette. Some studies show that smoking three to four joints per day causes at least as much harm to the respiratory system as smoking a full pack of cigarettes every day. Marijuana smoke also contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke and produces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into malignant cells. Prolonged use can increase the chances of suppressing the production of hormones and reducing the ability of user to reproduce, increase the risk of heart attack, Lung, throat and mouth Cancer, respiratory problems and reduction of the body's immune system.

Also smoking marijuana can lead to increased anxiety, panic attacks, depression, social withdrawal, and other mental health problems. The effects can also cause short-term effects as distorted perception, memory loss, and trouble with thinking and problem solving. In other words it makes you stupid and increases the chances of causing harm to yourself and others. Lets not even get into the fact that there are often dangerous additives added to Marijuana to increase the effect of the THC such as PCP, ammonia, rubbing alcohol, and Embalming Fluid.

Though most potheads don't breath in marijuana smoke as often as the average Tobacco smoker, the risks are still there. If the selling and uses of marijuana was decriminalized, there would be an increase in the amount the average user smokes and an increase in the number of users. So it's safe to say that the risk of health problems caused by smoking marijuana would increase.

The fact is that drink beer and wine in moderate amounts has been shown to help with digestion and will reduce your chances of strokes, as well as heart and vascular disease. Though marijuana may Relieve Chemo Patients' Nause there is no other health advantage to smoking or ingesting marijuana. I know you are going to try and bring up Glaucoma but the fact is there is no proof that it reduces or prevents blindness. In fact, the American Medical Association, the American Cancer Society, National Sclerosis Association, the American Glaucoma Association, American Academy of Opthalmology, National Eye Institute, and the National Cancer Institute have all stated that marijuana is not a safe and effective medicine. Thus no medical uses and an illegal drug.

Like I stated it should be decriminalized but it is creates a whole new level of dangers to the general public. It is like combining alcohol and tobacco in to one product and should be taxed much greater then both.

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:21 pm

david- did you find the spellcheck or just ...

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:22 pm

joseph wrote:david- did you find the spellcheck or just ...
Switched to firefox and I have to say it has helped a lot.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:08 pm

weird, i'm kinda in agreement with davo.

though i don't particularly like pot (and yes, it is harmful to your health), i think it should be decriminalized.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

Andy State

Post by Andy State » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:12 pm

DaVo wrote:
Also smoking marijuana and Embalming Fluid.

SHERM!!!!!!!!
I've got that PMA

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:28 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:

They'll definitely take you seriously then.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:15 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
robdigi wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:

does not compute.
that's cause you're not high enough.

was very high when that was posted. I find myself less accepting of cliché lameness when I'm stoned.

anyway,

my girlfriend lives across the street from the capitol, so when I headed over yesterday I found myself in the middle of the yearly "smoke weed on the lawn in front of the capitol" event in Denver. the police stand watch and make sure nobody gets hurt, but no arrests are made (not that you can get arrested in Denver for possessing or smoking weed anyway, so I guess I mean no citations were served) and everything is pretty calm... until the smokers begin to disperse around 5:30.. so many dirtbags and douchenozzles stumbling around, walking into traffic, shouting at everyone they see... I know the average pot smoker is pretty much completely normal and indistinguishable from any other citizen, but as long as idiots who actually bother to celebrate a day for smoking weed when they smoke weed every day already are the face of the "movement" I don't expect much progress to be made.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:25 pm

also, while weed -CAN- be harmful to your lungs it is not an issue if you eat it or vaporize it. if you put it into your body in a non-damaging way, there is no long-term damage caused. health problems are caused by the methods of ingestion rather than the product itself.

the other effects are only present during the period of intoxication- so yes, while it makes you "stupid" and may decrease your reaction time the effect is less severe than what is caused by a proportionally similar amount of alcohol... and these effects do not persist after it has worn off.
Lets not even get into the fact that there are often dangerous additives added to Marijuana to increase the effect of the THC such as PCP, ammonia, rubbing alcohol, and Embalming Fluid.
the above is a total myth. not to say that certain people don't add things to weed on their own, you will NEVER buy weed that has had chemicals added which were not advertised... that's bad business. why waste PCP on people who do not want it? OFTEN? I don't know where you're getting this, Davo... that's channel 5 evening news public hysteria level shit, and there's no factual basis for it.

if it is legalized, I say tax the fuck out of it. I don't care. I will grow my own, like anyone else who has sense will...

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:07 pm

robdigi wrote:also, while weed -CAN- be harmful to your lungs it is not an issue if you eat it or vaporize it. if you put it into your body in a non-damaging way, there is no long-term damage caused. health problems are caused by the methods of ingestion rather than the product itself.

the other effects are only present during the period of intoxication- so yes, while it makes you "stupid" and may decrease your reaction time the effect is less severe than what is caused by a proportionally similar amount of alcohol... and these effects do not persist after it has worn off.
Lets not even get into the fact that there are often dangerous additives added to Marijuana to increase the effect of the THC such as PCP, ammonia, rubbing alcohol, and Embalming Fluid.
the above is a total myth. not to say that certain people don't add things to weed on their own, you will NEVER buy weed that has had chemicals added which were not advertised... that's bad business. why waste PCP on people who do not want it? OFTEN? I don't know where you're getting this, Davo... that's channel 5 evening news public hysteria level shit, and there's no factual basis for it.

if it is legalized, I say tax the fuck out of it. I don't care. I will grow my own, like anyone else who has sense will...
I've heard both that it is a fact and a myth. Never really bothered to study it mainly cause I don't smoke pot. It puts me straight to sleep and thus doesn't interest me at all. I think it is logical that if you have a substandard product you are going to add items to it to increase sells. Generally you are dealing with criminals that are more interested in profit then product.

Chances are that if they do decriminalize it, they will regulate the fuck out of it like alcohol and tobacco. So I think it's safe to say they will not allow you to grow it. Much in the same way that you are not allowed to distill whiskey for even for private use. I think the laws on home brewing beer and making wine date back to before prohibition but even that can't be sold and can only be produced in small amounts.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:49 pm

DaVo wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:
DaVo wrote: OK, stupidest thing I've read this month. Yeah this is going to get pot decriminalized. It's kind of a selfish cause when you think about it. I mean you could have a million people send letters to the President demanding a national health care system or ending the war in Iraq or to end world hunger. But no you want to be able to smoke your pot. I'm thinking there is bigger and more important issues that need support.

This myth of marijuana being harmless is complete bullshit. Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains a number of irritants and carcinogens. Smoking a marijuana joints deposits about three to five times more tar into the lungs than one filtered tobacco cigarette. Some studies show that smoking three to four joints per day causes at least as much harm to the respiratory system as smoking a full pack of cigarettes every day. Marijuana smoke also contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than tobacco smoke and produces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into malignant cells. Prolonged use can increase the chances of suppressing the production of hormones and reducing the ability of user to reproduce, increase the risk of heart attack, Lung, throat and mouth Cancer, respiratory problems and reduction of the body's immune system.

Also smoking marijuana can lead to increased anxiety, panic attacks, depression, social withdrawal, and other mental health problems. The effects can also cause short-term effects as distorted perception, memory loss, and trouble with thinking and problem solving. In other words it makes you stupid and increases the chances of causing harm to yourself and others. Lets not even get into the fact that there are often dangerous additives added to Marijuana to increase the effect of the THC such as PCP, ammonia, rubbing alcohol, and Embalming Fluid.

Though most potheads don't breath in marijuana smoke as often as the average Tobacco smoker, the risks are still there. If the selling and uses of marijuana was decriminalized, there would be an increase in the amount the average user smokes and an increase in the number of users. So it's safe to say that the risk of health problems caused by smoking marijuana would increase.

The fact is that drink beer and wine in moderate amounts has been shown to help with digestion and will reduce your chances of strokes, as well as heart and vascular disease. Though marijuana may Relieve Chemo Patients' Nause there is no other health advantage to smoking or ingesting marijuana. I know you are going to try and bring up Glaucoma but the fact is there is no proof that it reduces or prevents blindness. In fact, the American Medical Association, the American Cancer Society, National Sclerosis Association, the American Glaucoma Association, American Academy of Opthalmology, National Eye Institute, and the National Cancer Institute have all stated that marijuana is not a safe and effective medicine. Thus no medical uses and an illegal drug.

Like I stated it should be decriminalized but it is creates a whole new level of dangers to the general public. It is like combining alcohol and tobacco in to one product and should be taxed much greater then both.
Dude, you really should know what the hell you're talking about before you waste your time typing all that crap. The shit about pot smoke being more harmful than tobacco smoke has been proven to be just another reefer madness myth. Same with everything else you wrote. Matter of fact, THC has been proven to slow down the growth and in some cases kill cancer cells. That was shown in a study back in 1972 that the Nixon administration had buried after he asked for the study and it didn't come out his way.

How many people that smoke weed only and not tobacco, have all these respitory problems you speak of? A study just came out that showed smoking tobacco and marijuana together will make the damage caused by the tobacco worse, but smoking pot alone had no negative effect on the lungs of the subjects. Probably because pot smoke opens the airways making them more susceptable to the harmful tobacco smoke. That is why many people with asthma smoke weed for relief.

If it has no medical use, why does the government send people 300 joints a month for medical purposes? Come on down to the Capitol on May 2nd at High Noon and tell some people with MS, macular degenerative disease, cancer, and many other ailments that cannabis has no medical use.

I'll get you links and embarrass you if you want, but I think you'd just be better off not trying to act like an expert about something you know absolutely nothing about.
I poop on Petland!

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
DaVo wrote:

Dude, you really should know what the hell you're talking about before you waste your time typing all that crap. The shit about pot smoke being more harmful than tobacco smoke has been proven to be just another reefer madness myth. Same with everything else you wrote. Matter of fact, THC has been proven to slow down the growth and in some cases kill cancer cells. That was shown in a study back in 1972 that the Nixon administration had buried after he asked for the study and it didn't come out his way.

How many people that smoke weed only and not tobacco, have all these respitory problems you speak of? A study just came out that showed smoking tobacco and marijuana together will make the damage caused by the tobacco worse, but smoking pot alone had no negative effect on the lungs of the subjects. Probably because pot smoke opens the airways making them more susceptable to the harmful tobacco smoke. That is why many people with asthma smoke weed for relief.

If it has no medical use, why does the government send people 300 joints a month for medical purposes? Come on down to the Capitol on May 2nd at High Noon and tell some people with MS, macular degenerative disease, cancer, and many other ailments that cannabis has no medical use.

I'll get you links and embarrass you if you want, but I think you'd just be better off not trying to act like an expert about something you know absolutely nothing about.
yeah it's good for you and jumping backward 7 times can stop pregnancy and wearing crystals will heal AIDS. Did you get all that straight from the NORML website or was it Hightimes?

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:23 pm

Nope. I saw most of those studies off the Iowa Health Systems website.

You're just making an idiot of yourself trying to argue with me about this. It's like me trying to act like an expert on obscure 80's punk bands that nobody but you have heard of.
I poop on Petland!

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:29 pm

Dude. Stick to talking about stuff you know about. Your wild speculation is misinformed. You sound like Nancy Reagan.
I think it is logical that if you have a substandard product you are going to add items to it to increase sells. Generally you are dealing with criminals that are more interested in profit then product.
No. Adding stuff to weed will not "increase sells"... if I found something unusual in my greenery I would never return to that dealer. Pot smokers are not drug addicts who take anything they can get. You can't really add anything to marijuana to increase its potency- if anything is going to turn weed into a "substandard product" it's additives. Nobody who smokes weed on a regular basis would appreciate chemical scents or going on an unexpected bad PCP trip. Plus, weed dealers rarely fit the generic "criminal" profile. They are usually MOST concerned with product, because they usually smoke the same stuff that they sell, and sell only so they can afford to be holding at all times. The typical weed dealer is an enthusiast. Of course there are drug dealers who sell anything they can get their hands on- but it's not common for someone who only smokes weed to go to that kind of person, that sort of thing would only happen as a last resort. The "weed dealer" archetype is a friend-of-a-friend who smokes so much that they decided to sell it to fund their hobby. Out of the 20-30 "dealers" I've known over the years all but one or two fit that mold.

Chances are that if they do decriminalize it, they will regulate the fuck out of it like alcohol and tobacco. So I think it's safe to say they will not allow you to grow it. Much in the same way that you are not allowed to distill whiskey for even for private use. I think the laws on home brewing beer and making wine date back to before prohibition but even that can't be sold and can only be produced in small amounts.
That may be true, unlikely, but possible. There's a big difference between running a distillery and growing a plant, though. Bottom line is this: if the possession of the product of the plant is legal it's going to be more or less impossible to bust someone for growing it in the privacy of their own home, unless they are caught selling it or some other technicality that would allow a search warrant. If it's legal to possess, I doubt there will be any more choppers flying around with infrared equipment looking for grow light heat signatures. The whole drive behind drug legalization would be saving the government money.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:41 pm

One more thing, re:
In fact, the American Medical Association, the American Cancer Society, National Sclerosis Association, the American Glaucoma Association, American Academy of Opthalmology, National Eye Institute, and the National Cancer Institute have all stated that marijuana is not a safe and effective medicine. Thus no medical uses and an illegal drug.
All of these associations are under extreme political pressure from pharmaceutical companies to hold this stance. If you are an organization trying to find a cure for cancer, and nearly all of the research related to your cause is being performed by drug companies who stand to lose the most if marijuana is legalized, of course you aren't going to ruffle their feathers by green-lighting the legalization of it. The appetite-increasing and pain relieving properties of marijuana are indisputable. Shit, if I have a runny nose it will go away if I smoke a bowl. There are definite benefits. It's not a cure for anything- but it has amazing therapeutic value that is only being denied for political and financial reasons.

laffeyn

Post by laffeyn » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:09 pm

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:36 pm

And you believe what the government tells you because............?
I poop on Petland!

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:49 pm

top serious question

can anyone point me in the direction of a legitimate medical study that has found an occurrence of lung cancer in a non-tobacco using marijuana user?
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Thom

Post by Thom » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:07 pm

you are that study. let me know how it turns out.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:31 pm

servo wrote:top serious question

can anyone point me in the direction of a legitimate medical study that has found an occurrence of lung cancer in a non-tobacco using marijuana user?
Look at guys like Willie Nelson and Tommy Chong who have both been heavy tokers for 50 years or so.
I poop on Petland!

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:35 pm

i heard a doctor in a documentary about weed once say nobody could produce a case in which a heavy marijuana smoker who did not use tobacco developed cancer.
because it just doesnt happen.
given it was a pro-weed movie i took everything with a grain of salt.
but i really cant find a case of someone fitting the description...
Tu vir nunc es, canis