Places and Times to Mosh in the Near Future

Moderators: Joe, ABOMB515, Darrin

aaronxxx

Re: KINGDOM, FROM HELL, JUST DO IT, KNUCKLED DOWN

Post by aaronxxx » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:26 pm

I seriously don't remember saying anything about wanting to fight you thom and have no idea where that came from. It is possible that I said something that might have been taken the wrong way but that is old news and I'm over it and hopefully you are too. However if you would have taken my car keys...

JillJillJill

Post by JillJillJill » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:31 pm

no

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:40 pm

Thom, why do you say the dumbest shit ever?

Fare Thee Well isn't straight edge.
Crossed Off isn't straight edge.
From Hell isn't straight edge.
The only edge band to even play the basement recently outside of Hepatitis X was Kingdom, and they are full of good people that kids in the 515 have known for a few years.

So what the fuck does straight edge have to do with anything? Or are you just using it as a crutch yourself, as something you can freely complain about? Because that's exactly what you're doing and it's stupid and really embarrassing.

And, no, Crossed Off didn't almost get the place shutdown. What they did was fucking stupid, but Nate, Conner, and I took care of it. THANKS FOR HELPING OUT AND DONATING YOUR OWN ELBOW GREASE THOUGH, WE REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP WE GOT FROM YOU DURING THIS SITUATION. Psych.

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:51 pm

Also, I'd like to point out and defend some of my out of town friends on something... Dios Mio really has never trashed the place. Last time they played it was with High Life, and High Life did most of the trashing of the place, not Dios Mio. And the only other time the place got really trashed was when Cross Exam came through... and, surprise, they have members of High Life. The first time Dios Mio played, the place was fine. They party, and are loud, but they are generally respectful of the Haunted Basement whenever they have come through.

But, yeah, High Life, Cross Exam, and Hatchet, those dudes trash places.

-Joe.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:54 pm

this show was really fun. let's have Kingdom come back again and again.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:56 pm

El Rhino wrote:I expected a negative review once one of the dudes from From Hell said "niglet". Ha ha.
Seriously thought he said "piglet".
Bummer.

-Joe.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:19 am

kylervk wrote:hey moderators, can we get you to change this thread's name to "TL;DR Everyone is really, really fucking stupid. Everyone. Pt. 2"?
Can we call this post Pt. 2 as well?

kristy

Post by kristy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:13 am

Go to a hockey game and try and tell me that table topping isn't hilarious.

vegan ss

Post by vegan ss » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:28 pm

Kingdom loves Des Moines and wants to come back in the fall. I liked from hell musically as well, but it seems like they are dicks. They would ask me questions and then mock me when I answered, which I just laughed at and then ignored them when they asked more questions. For some reason when I left they seemed upset I was leaving. I didn't book Kingdom cause they are sxe I booked them cause I like they're music and they're solid people.
When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it- Oscar Wilde

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:44 pm

I thought Kingdom was alright. That girl was a good front man, er, uh, woman and I think I'd like her better with a different band or the same band playing a little differently. I have to admit that when they started one song early in their set off with "this song is about how all cops are criminals and <something about poverty>" I was kind of turned off, realizing it's another band that shouts a lot of stupid and near meaningless slogans to a highly receptive audience. It turns out that they weren't really that bad in that department. Preachy, certainly but not too off the wall.

All and all I'm glad I went at least just to watch the drama unfold and chit-chat with Zack Krook.

Edit: During one of their last songs where she talked about how we all have common enemies being capitalism, Christianity and patriarchy I was kind of hoping she would throw in "intolerance" too.

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:39 pm

vegan ss wrote:they're music
*their

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:41 pm

El Rhino wrote:I thought Kingdom was alright. That girl was a good front man, er, uh, woman and I think I'd like her better with a different band or the same band playing a little differently. I have to admit that when they started one song early in their set off with "this song is about how all cops are criminals and <something about poverty>" I was kind of turned off, realizing it's another band that shouts a lot of stupid and near meaningless slogans to a highly receptive audience. It turns out that they weren't really that bad in that department. Preachy, certainly but not too off the wall.

Edit: During one of their last songs where she talked about how we all have common enemies being capitalism, Christianity and patriarchy I was kind of hoping she would throw in "intolerance" too.
sounds like i dont want to miss kingdom next time

vegan ss

Post by vegan ss » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:46 pm

kylervk wrote:
vegan ss wrote:they're music
*their
Goddammit.
When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it- Oscar Wilde

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:59 pm

shitty thread is full of shit
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Crispin

Post by Crispin » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:37 pm

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say everyone is shitty except me who fucking rules all. /thread

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Nope, you are shitty too.

THE GAME.

-Joe.

Chris From Hell

Post by Chris From Hell » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:02 am

i normally try not to address these things, but someone messaged me with "what the fuck did you guys do in des moines" and linked me to the thread, and after reading, and laughing out loud more than once at the fake retelling of events i signed up, and will in long form try to explain what really happened because we appreciated the show, and the people at it. (this is chris, the singer of from hell)

"i was sleeping in eric's room and those dudes started yelling about bjs and then started shit talking kingdom, and eventually even me... which i'm way proud of."

this is the most absurd bullshit ive ever read, but im sure you assumed that no one would in my band would read this or correct you, but i applaud your efforts. you were the only reason we were yelling at all. you were completely wasted and kept yelling random shit so we started yelling too. you kept yelling random shit so we started yelling "ZACH!!!"

the only time kingdom was ever discussed with anyone was when you said "how do you like being on tour with kingdom" and justin said "not bad" and you said "fucking straight edge hahaha do they suck being out with seems like theyd be boring" and i said "sometimes they arent as amused by our antics and jokes as we are, but its been a lot of fun"

no one talked shit about you either.

"using straight edge as a crutch to do shitty stuff"

we're not a straight edge band, after numerous people asking us if we were, or telling us that we were, and us constantly reiterating the fact that we arent, our drummer started smoking someones cigarette since apparently no one believed us? our guitar player sold out almost 10 years ago, and our drummer smokes weed and drinks regularly.

i know people keep talking about people being disrespectful or shitty, and a lot of other bands are getting mentioned, but i feel like since kingdom is chill and its being discussed in this thread its being implied that we somehow were shitty or disrespectful? the only thing i can think of that could be misconstrued as being disrespectful would be us being loud or yelling (which other people that lived there, or were friends with the people that lived there were doing also). we didnt even know people lived in the venue until the group left at the end and the one dude told us where the mattresses were, and no one told us to be quiet before then or told us that people were there/trying to sleep (if they were) and after that point we were only loud three times.

1) when we were all laying down trying to fall asleep and zach jumped on our drummer and told him he was going to sleep on him, and our drummer was pissed about it, then he proceeded to try to roll across every other person trying to sleep. so it was a combination of everyone laughing at the people getting irritated and people talking shit to him and telling him to stop because some of the people were already sleeping.

2) when zach walked in the room and layed down next our drummer that he had already jumped on and told him that he was going to puke all over everyone, and everyone told him to get off of the beds/blankets so he wouldnt puke on them. he then went into the other room... and puked everywhere.

3) when someone let a dog into the room that pissed on all of our stuff. so people were freaking out trying to get their clothes, and sleeping bags out of the way and get the dog off of all the mattresses that is was pissing on.

when we left we even tried to clean up the random dog's piss off the mattresses and everything, and put every mattress back, i personally went around and picked up every piece of garbage that were from us, and even picked up some other random shit that was laying around. we even got up in the morning and moved our van so the business next door could get their truck out easier and apologized to the guy for being in the way.

"a room full of dipshits looking down on me because I had a fucking beer"

not sure if this was directed at either of our bands, but i will assure you that there is not one member of kingdom or from hell that care if you drink, or do whatever you want to in your free time, or look down on you in any way for it.

"liked from hell musically as well, but it seems like they are dicks. They would ask me questions and then mock me when I answered, which I just laughed at and then ignored them when they asked more questions. For some reason when I left they seemed upset I was leaving."

we all communicate in a very strange way because we're all used to joking around with each other, but didnt mean any disrespect. i got the impression that you thought we were being condescending, thats why i just started talking to you, and asking you questions that wouldnt be viewed that way "hows the music scene around here", "are all the different scenes big", "do you book all the shows here". the line about karl is a joke we have where we tell people to tell other things that are random and awkward. we're retarded, but were trying to interact with you, and wanted you to hang with us, because we thought you were cool, thats why we were bummed when you left. we really appreciate you setting up the show, and thought it was awesome all around. :D

i book 2-3 shows a week in michigan, and let a lot of bands crash at my place... a few kneel and pushes (table tops), and some yelling seem meek in comparison to some of the shit ive seen bands that all of the members get wasted do, but maybe im just unlucky?

either way... sorry if we bothered anyone, and thanks to everyone that came out to the show, and to the guy that set it up, we really appreciate it! we let loose when we're on the road because its a chance to escape our shitty lives, i feel like thats the way tour always should be.

-chris

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:21 am

hey guy, i havent said anything about your band or what happened cuz i wasnt there and i dont know but FUCK YOU if you think youre going to come here and try to defend yourself to MY FRIENDS
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Chris From Hell

Post by Chris From Hell » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:28 am

servo wrote:hey guy, i havent said anything about your band or what happened cuz i wasnt there and i dont know but FUCK YOU if you think youre going to come here and try to defend yourself to MY FRIENDS

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:41 am

Yo, From Hell dudes, I don't think many people had problems with you guys personally, but you honestly were being kinda loud... but who gives a shit anyway?

You guys were kinda WEIRD though. :oops: :oops: No offense, that's probably just your style. I like the demo.

-Joe.

moltar

Post by moltar » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:01 am

I'm not even going to take the time to read all that. I think it should be pretty apparent that I'm just pissing and moaning. If not then feel free to get a near beer on me.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:44 am

I hated the lack of circle pit at this show. Just sayin' since everyone else gets to whine.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

vegan ss

Post by vegan ss » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:09 pm

Chris From Hell wrote:i normally try not to address these things, but someone messaged me with "what the fuck did you guys do in des moines" and linked me to the thread, and after reading, and laughing out loud more than once at the fake retelling of events i signed up, and will in long form try to explain what really happened because we appreciated the show, and the people at it. (this is chris, the singer of from hell)

"i was sleeping in eric's room and those dudes started yelling about bjs and then started shit talking kingdom, and eventually even me... which i'm way proud of."

this is the most absurd bullshit ive ever read, but im sure you assumed that no one would in my band would read this or correct you, but i applaud your efforts. you were the only reason we were yelling at all. you were completely wasted and kept yelling random shit so we started yelling too. you kept yelling random shit so we started yelling "ZACH!!!"

the only time kingdom was ever discussed with anyone was when you said "how do you like being on tour with kingdom" and justin said "not bad" and you said "fucking straight edge hahaha do they suck being out with seems like theyd be boring" and i said "sometimes they arent as amused by our antics and jokes as we are, but its been a lot of fun"

no one talked shit about you either.

"using straight edge as a crutch to do shitty stuff"

we're not a straight edge band, after numerous people asking us if we were, or telling us that we were, and us constantly reiterating the fact that we arent, our drummer started smoking someones cigarette since apparently no one believed us? our guitar player sold out almost 10 years ago, and our drummer smokes weed and drinks regularly.

i know people keep talking about people being disrespectful or shitty, and a lot of other bands are getting mentioned, but i feel like since kingdom is chill and its being discussed in this thread its being implied that we somehow were shitty or disrespectful? the only thing i can think of that could be misconstrued as being disrespectful would be us being loud or yelling (which other people that lived there, or were friends with the people that lived there were doing also). we didnt even know people lived in the venue until the group left at the end and the one dude told us where the mattresses were, and no one told us to be quiet before then or told us that people were there/trying to sleep (if they were) and after that point we were only loud three times.

1) when we were all laying down trying to fall asleep and zach jumped on our drummer and told him he was going to sleep on him, and our drummer was pissed about it, then he proceeded to try to roll across every other person trying to sleep. so it was a combination of everyone laughing at the people getting irritated and people talking shit to him and telling him to stop because some of the people were already sleeping.

2) when zach walked in the room and layed down next our drummer that he had already jumped on and told him that he was going to puke all over everyone, and everyone told him to get off of the beds/blankets so he wouldnt puke on them. he then went into the other room... and puked everywhere.

3) when someone let a dog into the room that pissed on all of our stuff. so people were freaking out trying to get their clothes, and sleeping bags out of the way and get the dog off of all the mattresses that is was pissing on.

when we left we even tried to clean up the random dog's piss off the mattresses and everything, and put every mattress back, i personally went around and picked up every piece of garbage that were from us, and even picked up some other random shit that was laying around. we even got up in the morning and moved our van so the business next door could get their truck out easier and apologized to the guy for being in the way.

"a room full of dipshits looking down on me because I had a fucking beer"

not sure if this was directed at either of our bands, but i will assure you that there is not one member of kingdom or from hell that care if you drink, or do whatever you want to in your free time, or look down on you in any way for it.

"liked from hell musically as well, but it seems like they are dicks. They would ask me questions and then mock me when I answered, which I just laughed at and then ignored them when they asked more questions. For some reason when I left they seemed upset I was leaving."

we all communicate in a very strange way because we're all used to joking around with each other, but didnt mean any disrespect. i got the impression that you thought we were being condescending, thats why i just started talking to you, and asking you questions that wouldnt be viewed that way "hows the music scene around here", "are all the different scenes big", "do you book all the shows here". the line about karl is a joke we have where we tell people to tell other things that are random and awkward. we're retarded, but were trying to interact with you, and wanted you to hang with us, because we thought you were cool, thats why we were bummed when you left. we really appreciate you setting up the show, and thought it was awesome all around. :D

i book 2-3 shows a week in michigan, and let a lot of bands crash at my place... a few kneel and pushes (table tops), and some yelling seem meek in comparison to some of the shit ive seen bands that all of the members get wasted do, but maybe im just unlucky?

either way... sorry if we bothered anyone, and thanks to everyone that came out to the show, and to the guy that set it up, we really appreciate it! we let loose when we're on the road because its a chance to escape our shitty lives, i feel like thats the way tour always should be.

-chris
Well thats cool I wasnt really upset in anyway. Sorry your stuff got pissed on. Im an awkward person, and dont know how to take people some times. You guys were really good though. You're welcome back anytime. 8)

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:04 pm

justfornowplz: puff puff pass
wearedevo33: puff puff puff fuck you i ain't passin this shit puff puff

-Joe.