More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

kylervk

Re: i announce 515user JOE to be the king of credibility

Post by kylervk » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:53 am

whoa davo, watch out, youre steppin on reeferseed's toes with that last post.

hey tyler, i still cant make up my mind about servo, can you shed some light on this issue?

...im not losing no fight to no scumbag in no ghetto

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:49 am

DaVo wrote:
servo wrote:though black sabbath isnt really that bad for an 80s band
Black Sabbath started in 1969 which in a way makes them 60s or 70s band. So in a way you are insulting all the shitty 80s bands by grouping them in with them. Now though I can't stand them, they get a pass due to the fact that they influenced many great band. Though their influence on Greg Ginn maybe responsible for all those shitty records after the first four years. Still they are forgiven unlike the fucking Beatles which were nothing more then a cover band that influenced more cover bands then any other band in history or the Stones that were basically a blues cover band which influenced white middle class men into thinking they could play the blues. Oh and then there was the stones disco record.
Hahahahahaah

Not only was this completely unnecessary because it's in response to a JOKE, the post itself is a joke because it knocks Black Sabbath AND The Beatles.

Sorry, Davo. The sacred cows are sacred for a reason. I just wish The Beatles were punk enough for you.

Now Guttermouth.....THERE'S a band!

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:04 am

Sorry DAVO - not even someone as "1337" as you can get away with dissing the Beatles. Not buying it.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:27 am

the beatles are one of the topics davo and i agree on.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:00 am

joseph wrote:the beatles are one of the topics davo and i agree on.
Same goes for you then, sir.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:30 am

Beaver wrote:
joseph wrote:the beatles are one of the topics davo and i agree on.
Same goes for you then, sir.
like you got room to talk

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:06 pm

*GASP* I never......

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:00 pm

i laughed really hard when joe said call me mr hands and fuck me with a horse...
the beatles... not a shred of originality. sgt peppers, abbey road... all that shit had been done before
oh wait, it hadnt been done at all and forever changed the face of rock and roll.
much like sabbath.
im not going to waste time arguing with people about why theyre dumb for not liking the beatles because im too dumb for not liking sabbath to have any cred in that sort of argument.

however, back to me being a shitty shit... the last time i saw tyler i borrowed his bike and lost the padlock to his bike lock. he called me out right as i was trying to leave and i tried to just shrug it off and get out of there. let it be his problem ya know? well he wasnt having it and made me take him to the hardware store to get a new one. i tried to get all "jewy" by buying him the cheapest lock possible. he really wanted this expensive one that opened just by using a thumbprint scan. i didnt have time to stick around while the clerk scanned tylers thumbprint and calibrated his lock so he got a $4.99 masterlock instead. this was the last time i saw tyler and can understand if hes naturally still upset about it.

oh, and i also pissed all over his dogs face one time
Tu vir nunc es, canis

creepykid

Post by creepykid » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:49 pm

DaVo wrote:
Still they are forgiven unlike the fucking Beatles which were nothing more then a cover band that influenced more cover bands then any other band in history or the Stones that were basically a blues cover band which influenced white middle class men into thinking they could play the blues.
For this, you should really shut the fuck up and not give your opinion on a subject you are obviously really fucking ignorant upon. I'm not attacking you personally, but if you are really going to go down the road that the Beatles are a cover band, I'm going to rain the heavens of facts all over your punk parade. So seriously let's not speak on this again. Thanks.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:14 pm

what a completely accurate and unbiased description of what happened!
you lost a rather nice bike lock, and reluctantly replaced it with a piece of shit. and now you're trying to make me feel like an asshole?
i cannot leave my bike unlocked in this town, i cannot get to work without my bike..do you see where i'm going with this.
but naw dawg, it's cool!

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:21 pm

they have these things called cars

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:24 pm

it's broken, and i won't be able to get it fixed till i'm working full-time again.
principle, joseph.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:26 pm

im not trying to make you feel like an asshole... i love you!
Tu vir nunc es, canis

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:28 pm

I BRING YOU LOOOOVE
Tu vir nunc es, canis

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:32 pm

hyuk hyuk

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:41 pm

wait, there was something left unaddressed here that i just realized...

guttermouth.
really good band for being so mediocre.
maybe if the band x could write something as good as 1 2 3 slam id be into them too...
Tu vir nunc es, canis

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:46 pm

servo wrote:wait, there was something left unaddressed here that i just realized...

guttermouth.
really good band for being so mediocre.
maybe if the band x could write something as good as 1 2 3 slam id be into them too...
you and jovo gotta have the oddest tastes in music. guzzard is back together tho

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:02 pm

i have never heard of guzzard. i am on their myspace page and yeah... shits pretty good
Tu vir nunc es, canis

GrindCrusher

Post by GrindCrusher » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:16 pm

i'm going to think up the ultimate plan to solve all this hatred!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THRASH OR DIE!!!!!!!!

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:20 pm

creepykid wrote:
DaVo wrote:
Still they are forgiven unlike the fucking Beatles which were nothing more then a cover band that influenced more cover bands then any other band in history or the Stones that were basically a blues cover band which influenced white middle class men into thinking they could play the blues.
For this, you should really shut the fuck up and not give your opinion on a subject you are obviously really fucking ignorant upon. I'm not attacking you personally, but if you are really going to go down the road that the Beatles are a cover band, I'm going to rain the heavens of facts all over your punk parade. So seriously let's not speak on this again. Thanks.
The Beatles started out as a Little Richard cover band. Did mostly R&B and rockabilly covers after that. Then went on to copy the early US garage bands. Next they moved into copying the SF Hippies scene of the late 60s. Nothing they did was real new. They were a fucking boy band. Everything they ripped off from other artist and then popularized them. They are a pop icon, nothing more. Saying that they were innovators is like saying Elvis invented rock and roll. It's pure and complete bullshit.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:21 pm

dude, im so over it. the new nofx lp just went up for preorder and you get a free hand numbered 7" when you order it so im on cloud nine right now, chillin with george harrison

BRANDON WIGGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I GOT MY MIND SET ON YOUOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SET ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! SET ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tu vir nunc es, canis

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:23 pm

davo plz stfu already. without the beatles thered be no wings and with no wings thered be no band on the run--the record that in every interview greg ginn has said was the genesis of him starting black flag
Tu vir nunc es, canis

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:25 pm

i love wings

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:48 pm

DaVo wrote:
Black Sabbath started in 1969 which in a way makes them 60s or 70s band. So in a way you are insulting all the shitty 80s bands by grouping them in with them. Now though I can't stand them, they get a pass due to the fact that they influenced many great band. Though their influence on Greg Ginn maybe responsible for all those shitty records after the first four years. Still they are forgiven unlike the fucking Beatles which were nothing more then a cover band that influenced more cover bands then any other band in history or the Stones that were basically a blues cover band which influenced white middle class men into thinking they could play the blues. Oh and then there was the stones disco record.

All right Davo. I've got nothing against you personally, but you just dissed the Greatest Rock n Roll band in the World, The Rolling Stones. I never could tell before whether or not you were talking out your ass because most of the bands you talk about are crappy garage bands nobodys heard of, not because they're so hardcore, but because they suck ass and nobody wants to listen to them except you and a couple fancy pants beer swilling morons who think they're cool because they like to listen to crap nobody else can stand. All those bands you listen to ain't good enough to lick the sweat off Keith Richards' nutsack. Those crappy bands wanted to be the Rolling Stones, but they couldn't sing our play their instruments so they decided to play distorted and out of tune so nobody could tell just how crappy they are.

btw, Black Sabbath in the 70's was the best metal band of all time, ever, end of fucking story!
I poop on Petland!

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
DaVo wrote:

All right Davo. I've got nothing against you personally, but you just dissed the Greatest Rock n Roll band in the World, The Rolling Stones. I never could tell before whether or not you were talking out your ass because most of the bands you talk about are crappy garage bands nobody's heard of, not because they're so hardcore, but because they suck ass and nobody wants to listen to them except you and a couple fancy pants beer swilling morons who think they're cool becauser they like to listen to crap nobody else can stand. All those bands you listen to ain't good enough to lick the sweat off Keith Richards' nutsack. Those crappy bands wanted to be the Rolling Stones, but they couldn't sing our play their instruments so they decided to play distorted and out of tune so nobody could tell just how crappy they are.

btw, Black Sabbath in the 70's was the best metal band of all time, ever, end of fucking story!
dang. didja break yur glass or something? good job.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:19 pm

[quote="DaVo]

For this, you should really shut the fuck up and not give your opinion on a subject you are obviously really fucking ignorant upon. I'm not attacking you personally, but if you are really going to go down the road that the Beatles are a cover band, I'm going to rain the heavens of facts all over your punk parade. So seriously let's not speak on this again. Thanks.[/quote]
The Beatles started out as a Little Richard cover band. Did mostly R&B and rockabilly covers after that. Then went on to copy the early US garage bands. Next they moved into copying the SF Hippies scene of the late 60s. Nothing they did was real new. They were a fucking boy band. Everything they ripped off from other artist and then popularized them. They are a pop icon, nothing more. Saying that they were innovators is like saying Elvis invented rock and roll. It's pure and complete bullshit.[/quote]
Know I'm 100% sure you have no clue what the fuck yer talkin' about. Sure the Beatles and Stones started out doing Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Carl Perkins, etc songs. That's what most 18 year old kids do when they first start out.

No band is totally original. Every musician steals from their favorite musicians. All your favorite bands got their ideas from somebody. I bet when one of your favorite bands does a cover of one of your other favorite bands, you cream your jeans just like Stones fans did in the 60's when they played a Bo Diddley song.

Come back when you know what yer talkin' 'bout.
I poop on Petland!

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:37 pm

DaVo wrote:They were a fucking boy band.
Well, you just went and said the dumbest, laziest, over-simplifying statement anyone can ever say about The Beatles, which means there's no point in any further discussion with you on this issue. Thanks for saving me the time!

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:36 pm

Wings? Oh come on. That's the best you can do, fucking Wings? Greg Ginn liking Wings has nothing to do with Black Flag. Just like Tesco Vee loving ABBA had nothing to do with the Meatmen.

OK here is the point, the Beatles are given this god like status because they reinvented rock and roll. It is complete bullshit. They took American Music, repackaged it and sold it back to the American public. They were not the break through, they were just the marketing.

Yes everything comes from those before them but some produce something that is completely new and different. The Beatles were like myma birds to everything they came in contact with including their politics and their eastern based spiritual beliefs. In the latter years of the Beatles their influence wasn't those that came before but less successful bands of the time.

OK you want to talk about influence which do you think was a bigger influence on the music you listing, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band or
The Velvet Underground The Velvet Underground. Which made a bigger impact on Punk, Metal, Death Metal, Indy rock, Noise, Glam, Hardcore and just about everything else you people listen to? Cause they both came out at the same time. Who know if the Beatles stayed together we might have seen them releasing their own version of the Glitter/Glam, Metal, Punk and Hip hop. To me they never really had their own voice.

On the subject of the Stones. Sorry other then a few songs and early records, I've never understood the big deal. Keith Richards is not even that great of a guitarist. I guess I have to point this out again, they put out a FUCKING DISCO RECORD. Can you get any lamer then that?

Maybe it all comes down to me hearing Little Richard, Muddy Water, Howling Wolf, Chuck Berry, etc... long before I heard the Beatles or Rolling Stones. It just came off as weak. The Stooges, Black Sabbath, the Who, MC5, New York Dolls, Velvet Underground, DeVo and Modern Lovers ripped off countless people. Well, maybe not DeVo but they all did it in a completely new way, had their own voice and effected music more then the Beatles or the Stones.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:47 pm

elliot wrote:
DaVo wrote:They were a fucking boy band.
Well, you just went and said the dumbest, laziest, over-simplifying statement anyone can ever say about The Beatles, which means there's no point in any further discussion with you on this issue. Thanks for saving me the time!
Think about how they were marketed to the American Public and who their target audience was. The fact is they were the first band that was marketed to girl 12 to 16 which was a majority of their fan base. They were sold as clean cut bad boys and even were referred to as "Paul the cute one", "John the mischievous intellectual one", "George the spiritual one" and "Ringo the lucky joker". They were the prototype for all boy bands. The packaging aka clothes may have changed later but the image didn't.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:49 pm

servo wrote:Image

I BRING YOU LOOOOVE

He's brining love, lets break its legs!!!
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others