More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Will Potter at Drake: Environmentalists as Terrorists?

Post by ilikehorses » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:14 pm

Tuesday, March 24, 2009
6:00pm - 9:00pm

Drake University Bulldog Theatre in Olmsted Center
2875 University Ave.
Des Moines, IA

Drake University will host Will Potter, an award-winning independent journalist from Washington, D.C., on Tuesday, March 24, for a talk about the impact of federal anti-terrorism legislation on the environmental movement.

The talk, titled "Greening the War on Terrorism: How environmentalists became the government's top domestic terror threat," is free and open to the public. It will begin at 6 p.m. in Bulldog Theater in Olmsted Center, 2875 University Ave.

Potter's reporting on the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act has been recognized by Project Censored "for outstanding investigative journalism," as one of the top 25 "stories that didn't make the news" in 2007. He has also received the Mark of Excellence award for feature writing, presented by the Society of Professional Journalists, and was recognized by Scripps Howard, Lantern Books and the Press Club of Dallas. Read more about Potter online at http://www.willpotter.com/.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

elliot
Represent!

Re: Will Potter at Drake: Environmentalists as Terrorists?

Post by elliot » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:51 am

Let's go together, friend.

Only if I can't think of anything better to do.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Re: Will Potter at Drake: Environmentalists as Terrorists?

Post by ilikehorses » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:50 pm

hey, this is in a little bit.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK