More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Nick

New Propagandhi album

Post by Nick » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:57 pm

Everyone seems to be jizzing themselves over this record. I listened to it and although I think it is better than their last two albums, it is still totally meh.

joseph

Re: New Propagandhi album

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:08 pm

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:12 pm

I should look past the first page of threads I guess.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:54 pm

I'm guessing you're one of those "How to Clean Everything and Less Talk, More Rock are way better than their new stuff" dudes.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Today's Empires and Potemkin City Limits are head and shoulders above their earlier work in melody, lyrical depth and sheer maturity. It just feels IMPORTANT, whereas the older stuff, especially HTCE, is just really good juvenile pop-punk.

Supporting Caste, in my opinion, may not be as good as Potemkin, but it's still in the Top 3. Having a second guitarist fills the sound really well. Propagandhi can do no wrong.

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:09 pm

elliot wrote:really good juvenile pop-punk.
i support more of this

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:41 pm

elliot wrote:I'm guessing you're one of those "How to Clean Everything and Less Talk, More Rock are way better than their new stuff" dudes.
I used to really love HTCE, but it hasn't aged so well. Less Talk on the other hand is pretty genius and has aged much better. I could take or leave Today's Empires and Potemkin was just not my thing.

It seems the more serious they try and get, the less serious I can take them. I mean, how can you really take any "political" band seriously when they support a group as crazy and ludicrous as PETA. That's like taking Good Riddance or Anti-Flag serious for their politics.

I liked when they didn't take themselves so seriously. I do like the tunes alright, although could just stick to the progressive thrash thing and drop the metal bit. Some of those solos on the new album are just absurd, as in, too over the top and hesher. Borderline butt-rock.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:21 pm

Less Talk More Rock is one of my favorite albums ever.

i haven't listened to the new one yet.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK