More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

elliot
Represent!

Re: top movies/records of the year

Post by elliot » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:59 pm

Teej, you posted your list five times.

And I really have to disagree with you on The Spirit. I saw it last night as well, and enjoyed the hell out of it. You should have stayed to see where it went, cuz it gets pretty damn awesome.

Even when I hate movies in the theater, I never walk out. I sat through all torturous 90 minutes of Let's Go To Prison, and though I'm a more broken man because of it, at least I can definitively state my opinion.

jonnyROCKET

Post by jonnyROCKET » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:31 pm

elliot wrote:Even when I hate movies in the theater, I never walk out. I sat through all torturous 90 minutes of Let's Go To Prison, and though I'm a more broken man because of it, at least I can definitively state my opinion.
I went to that with a friend and right after it started, he got called by his brother who was in jail, so I sat through all torturous 90 minutes alone while he got his brother

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:23 pm

The foot fist way got a little slow but c'mon, Danny Mcbride is hilarious.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:28 pm

I liked The Spirit as well, it was cheesy but I think it was supposed to be that way? It was no where near as bad as Stallone's "Get Carter", the only movie I've walked out of, and probably the worst movie ever besides "Bong Water".

teedotjaydot

Post by teedotjaydot » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:59 pm

elliot wrote:Teej, you posted your list five times.

And I really have to disagree with you on The Spirit. I saw it last night as well, and enjoyed the hell out of it. You should have stayed to see where it went, cuz it gets pretty damn awesome.

Even when I hate movies in the theater, I never walk out. I sat through all torturous 90 minutes of Let's Go To Prison, and though I'm a more broken man because of it, at least I can definitively state my opinion.
while i do agree that sitting through all of it would better support my opinion, i had better shit to do than wast 90 minutes on something that was actually making me angry.

so at this point i can definitively say the first 20-25 minutes of The Spirit sucked so hard i had to get drunk afterwards.
i need a shower, a shave and maybe a song with a melody

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:55 pm

I'd like to add Derek Lambert - The Forest Floor.

I'd also like to mention after listening to Old Wounds a couple times through I greatly enjoy this album. I've never listened to their standout influences before (The Jesus Lizard, etc.), but this album is getting played nonetheless. I saw them in '06 when they opened for Pelican at The Picador. I wasn't too into it at the time. I should've been.
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

dr. dre

Post by dr. dre » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:58 pm

Hank Fist wrote:"Bong Water".
YEAH!!!

...DID ICE CUBE MAKE A MOVIE THIS YEAR?
look out for detox