More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Re: ATTN: Servo

Post by servo » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:30 pm

EDIT (11/29/07):
It has been over a month and now I think it is time for everyone to know the truth. This was a total FAKE. I had to do some trickery to pull this off. I will not reveal all my secrets but I will tell you the basics. I enabled sv_cheats. When someone does this there will be a big red "CHEATED" on elevator score board at the end. To remove the "CHEATED" sign, I had to "hack" one of the game files and removed the entry that refers to the message. Now when I cheat and reach the end, there is no cheated sign. Having that fixed, I set host_timescale to 0.1. This makes the game run 10 times slower than normal. I recorded a demo of me playing the map with all my best tricks. It took me almost 5 minutes!! I then played back the demo at full speed, recorded the video, and posted on the YouTubes.
I couldn't help myself from posting this video. I knew the reactions would be just way too good. Well, I've had a lot of laughs, but I think it is only fair that everyone now knows the truth. I wasn't a cheater from the start. At one time the record for chamber 18 was 59 seconds. After hours and hours over several days I finally beat it with 58 seconds. When I went to post the video, I found that someone posted a 57 second run just a few hours earlier. That's what led me to it. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would like to send me hate mail and I will not deny them that privilege.
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Crispin

Re: ATTN: Servo

Post by Crispin » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:10 pm

I am not very observent. haha