it got a little crazy

joseph

Re: 4th Street Riot 2008

Post by joseph » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:15 pm

i cant find any arrest records or mentionings. weird

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:25 pm

. I heard the combatants were not white *cough*, and were seen franticly clubbing each other, jumping on cars, kicking/punching out windows, and even an instigator getting crushed in between cars LOL. Also, a car hitting 9 parked cars out front. Does this ever happen at an Envy Corps show or maybe tonight at Margot and the Nuclear SO & So's? Discuss and/or give an eye witness account....

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:24 pm

it was fucked.
tj was more soberish than me and he tells a better story. lipstick watched it too

teedotjaydot

Post by teedotjaydot » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:31 pm

Joseph, Jim Dawg and I had left the HB and went to the Underground/Locust and decided that was lame so we headed to 4th St. to party with Nate.

We're walking up to the front of the Mews when a dude runs up from inside the atrium and punches the front door, cracking the window into a million pieces (it's safety glass, like a windshield).

I run in and starting yelling at the puncher and his buddy, demanding money on the spot or the cops are getting called. They say they've got it all handled, we'll get the money. The buddy of the puncher is apologizing, says he'll cover it, blah blah blah. Meanwhile the puncher runs into the bar area of the Mews and i hear exactly what i didn't want to.

I book it inside and see a mass of people throwing punches and shoving at the far end of the bar. As i'm trying to get in and break it up the whole mass of people shifts towards the front door. I'm separating this huge dude and the puncher (who happens to be decently small, and is getting his face pounded in) and we're all being pushed/falling into the big fan and someone's bike. I'm still trying to separate these dudes when i start see flashes of black/white/stars in my eyes, didn't realize at first but someone had thrown one of those tall chairs and it hit me in the head, it landed on top of the crowd and someone was pushing the chair, crushing my head between it and the metal door frame.

The dudes are separated, i kick out the first group and go inside where Nate and i get the rest of them out. We then start cleaning up the place and surveying the damage.

After a few minutes i go outside to have a smoke and see at least a dozen or so of the dudes fighting across the street in the Elliot pay-and-park.

Then shit got crazy.

It turns out that most of the people fighting were all parked in that lot. So as they are scattering to the shouts of the cops being called, some of the dudes still on foot are trying to open moving car doors to throw punches. The less intelligent ones were trying to punch through windshields and closed windows. The frantic drivers then turned that full lot of cars into an impromptu demolition derby. I see a guy hanging onto the hood of a small white car fall off and get run over, and then a big SUV t-bones that car with a guy sandwiched in between. The white car is backing into/ramming several other parked cars trying to get out and finally succeeds in flying down 4th street with a broken windshield and people literally hanging out the open doors of the car.

Shortly thereafter a guy is carrying the guy who got sandwiched (who is now totally limp and unconscious) over his shoulder, trying to get him to the hospital. The unconscious dude also appeared to be the guy who punched the window/ran in to start the fracas.

Cops start showing up, and the only car i see them pull over is the one containing the guy who got crushed. Never saw an ambulance, and after looking at the InmatesOntheWeb for mugshots, not a single person from that night seems to have been arrested for their involvement.

Kristy's right, shit was surreal.
i need a shower, a shave and maybe a song with a melody

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:23 pm

do you remember the 2 guys carrying 1 guy knocked out(crushed?) like he was in a chair? that was weird.
some myspace genius needs to scroll thru royal mile pedop, i mean regulars. there was a couple of them with videophones.

Furious D

Post by Furious D » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:55 pm

Tj pretty much summed it up. To go back a little further, THIS GROUP was on stage, in the middle of a song, when one of the members got pissed about something and bumrushes a dude in the crowd... punches start flying, the whole mass of people starts moving toward the back door. So I kill the sound and run downstairs to find 3 or 4 barstools flying through the air, and TJ right in the middle of the crowd, catching a few blows but getting shit under control.

Also, in the parking lot scene, I saw a dude jump up on a car and start stomping the windshield out... pretty sure he was the one that got run over a few seconds later.
....just kidding.

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:00 pm

Furious D wrote:Tj pretty much summed it up.

Also, in the parking lot scene, I saw a dude jump up on a car and start stomping the windshield out... pretty sure he was the one that got run over a few seconds later.
saw it. w the f

Tj wins. he cleared the enitre bar pretty much single handed in a matter of seconds.

(of course i did nothing).

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:11 pm

Furious D wrote:THIS GROUP .

"Erbody 1na b a NOMNigga but nobody 1na c aNomnigga"

wtf, over?

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:37 pm

El Rhino wrote:
Furious D wrote:THIS GROUP .

"Erbody 1na b a NOMNigga but nobody 1na c aNomnigga"

wtf, over?
it's called class, ryan. pure class.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:52 pm

i am what i eat.

xkristyx
I <3 Pizza

Post by xkristyx » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:48 pm

I wish my senior pic was that. Oh my god, hilarious.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:24 am

I don't know, I kind of hope these guys are just kidding but I doubt it. They still seem more entertaining than Kyd n' Tre though.

http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... pincl3.jpg

I wonder if this guy means "guerilla" , but I guess "gorilla" probably works just as well too.

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... etzgh6.jpg

I don't know if I've brought this up before, but why do rappers and/or dudes with these small labels refer to themselves as "CEOs"? Come on....

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:31 am

El Rhino wrote:I don't know if I've brought this up before, but why do rappers and/or dudes with these small labels refer to themselves as "CEOs"? Come on....
I didn't know this was a rap show until now. I actually get quite a few messages on myspace asking if I am the "CEO" of our "label" and want to sign them. It is all about sounding successful, they are under the impression if you act rich, talk big and have a sweet title then you are pretty much going to "make it" whatever the fuck that means.

Whose show was it anyway?

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:45 am

aeon grey wrote:
El Rhino wrote:I don't know if I've brought this up before, but why do rappers and/or dudes with these small labels refer to themselves as "CEOs"? Come on....
Whose show was it anyway?
it was Horizons. hopefully his last at mews.

rhino- i think CEO means "large and in charge"

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:18 am

that guy...

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:30 am

El Rhino wrote:I don't know, I kind of hope these guys are just kidding but I doubt it. They still seem more entertaining than Kyd n' Tre though.

I wonder if this guy means "guerilla" , but I guess "gorilla" probably works just as well too.

I don't know if I've brought this up before, but why do rappers and/or dudes with these small labels refer to themselves as "CEOs"? Come on....
me fixy

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:33 am

aeon grey wrote: I didn't know this was a rap show until now. I actually get quite a few messages on myspace asking if I am the "CEO" of our "label" and want to sign them. It is all about sounding successful, they are under the impression if you act rich, talk big and have a sweet title then you are pretty much going to "make it" whatever the fuck that means.
That's what I figured.

I remember a few years back when there was some sort of commercial for Oakridge on TV and they had some guy calling himself a CEO of Launchpad Entertainment talking about how his experiences growing up in Oakridge positively shaped him into the successful man he was today. Why there was a commercial for Oakridge, I'm not sure.

I was a little surprised that FOX took his "CEO" title seriously enough to put it underneath his name when it came up on the screen. Shit, I probably get more Iowa money & skrilla in a week's work than "Launchpad" has netted in their existence from their hip-hop endeavors.

If I remember right, they were actually behind (or "were") a local hip-hop act that was kind of interesting, but come on..

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:39 am

Bo James is the "CEO" of Launchpad... he is actually on the city councils music commission... Launchpad is actually just a label... but, they have never actually released an album, and have been around since like 96. They are still waiting for Lil Sugs hit single to be created, picked up by radio, take the world by storm, buy a real fur coat, chain, and a hybrid escalade... then it's on!!

richie_daggers1

Post by richie_daggers1 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:33 pm

inx515xhell wrote:Image
i am what i eat.

This is best shit I have ever seen...WOW....all of the album covers on here are instant classics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Furious D

Post by Furious D » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:48 pm

I love how in the Les Boogie picture, not only is he not actually holding a gun, but the image is not even of a real gun.
....just kidding.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:17 pm

Furious D wrote:I love how in the Les Boogie picture, not only is he not actually holding a gun, but the image is not even of a real gun.
i think everything in that picture is fake.

Smoking Guns

Post by Smoking Guns » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:12 pm

Hank Fist wrote:
Furious D wrote:I love how in the Les Boogie picture, not only is he not actually holding a gun, but the image is not even of a real gun.
i seriously love everything about it.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:40 pm

Hank Fist wrote:

he probably isn't really black either
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Furious D

Post by Furious D » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:34 pm

I bet he's not even an actual millionaire.
....just kidding.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:05 pm

the weed is probably real.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:28 pm

Furious D wrote:I bet he's not even an actual millionaire.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... =325427162

Looks like he's a security guard. I'm not sure how lucrative his hip-hop endeavors really are, but odds are he's really the $8.50 an hour Man

Furious D

Post by Furious D » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:31 pm

El Rhino wrote:
Furious D wrote:I bet he's not even an actual millionaire.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... =325427162

Looks like he's a security guard. I'm not sure how lucrative his hip-hop endeavors really are, but odds are he's really the $8.50 an hour Man

Well, I can tell you that they packed a good 15 people into the Mews.... so at $5 a pop, I'd say they are doing pretty well for themselves.
....just kidding.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:24 am

El Rhino wrote: Image

I was gonna manually mask my album cover instead of using the background eraser tool, but then I got high...
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!