More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Re: corey taylor is rockstar as fuck

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:57 am

annie_fannie wrote: also, why would i wish he's dumb? i don't want people who are supposedly representing my home state sounding like dipshits
I do. It makes retards like myself sound like we're really smart.
I poop on Petland!

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:17 am

annie_fannie wrote:
inx515xhell wrote:
Varg wrote:He's not as dumb as you probably wish he was.
HIGHLY DEBATABLE!
agreed.

also, why would i wish he's dumb? i don't want people who are supposedly representing my home state sounding like dipshits...especially someone with that much access to press.

Because you have penis envy. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out you wish he and all men were dumber so you could wield more power. But I'm no Freudian....

Phallic symbol of the day:

lol, take that feminism.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:05 am

-Joe.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:15 pm

I wish those Crazi dudes were playing while Eye'm in town.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:10 pm

So why did anyone think that corey was the brains behind Slipknot? He is a nice guy but I have to say that as far as I know he spent more time at Billy Joes and the mall then he ever did in a cemetery. I liked it better when they used to say the number one form of live entertainment in Des Moines was Strip clubs. In his defense, I have to say that 15 or 20 years ago there was very little to do in this town. There weren't no clubs doing shows for people under 21 and most of the bands were cover bands like Stone Sour. There were very few form of entertainment.

You know everytime they have talked about what it is like in Des Moines, they have gotten shit for it. Someone was asking me about weather the 35 Inch Mudder Doc was true a while back. I told them no and then went on to explain that the best thing Slipknot did was telling the world that there was no scene here. Otherwise we would have had this mass invasion of shitty mall metal bands trying to make it big. It was bad enough that we had to deal with the locals and thank god there wasn't another 100 bands moving here.

While I'm on the subject, I think we all need to find a talented local band to start hating. It seems everyone hating slipknot has done wonders for them. Any ideas?
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:21 pm

DaVo wrote:While I'm on the subject, I think we all need to find a talented local band to start hating. It seems everyone hating slipknot has done wonders for them. Any ideas?
www.myspace.com/jrshighrollers
I poop on Petland!

MUPPET BURGER

Post by MUPPET BURGER » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:31 pm

Davo wrote:So why did anyone think that corey was the brains behind Slipknot? He is a nice guy but I have to say that as far as I know he spent more time at Billy Joes and the mall then he ever did in a cemetery. I liked it better when they used to say the number one form of live entertainment in Des Moines was Strip clubs. In his defense, I have to say that 15 or 20 years ago there was very little to do in this town. There weren't no clubs doing shows for people under 21 and most of the bands were cover bands like Stone Sour. There were very few form of entertainment.

You know everytime they have talked about what it is like in Des Moines, they have gotten shit for it. Someone was asking me about weather the 35 Inch Mudder Doc was true a while back. I told them no and then went on to explain that the best thing Slipknot did was telling the world that there was no scene here. Otherwise we would have had this mass invasion of shitty mall metal bands trying to make it big. It was bad enough that we had to deal with the locals and thank god there wasn't another 100 bands moving here.

While I'm on the subject, I think we all need to find a talented local band to start hating. It seems everyone hating slipknot has done wonders for them. Any ideas?
long-winded, jaded responses to utterly banal issues isn't conducive to fun internet-ing. we're all sorry that des monies has shit on you for the last 30 years and if we could place you back in 1994(at the safari club, listening to all of those marginally talented bands coming through), forever, we would. until then i beg you, keep your pathetic nostalgia to yourself.
fuzzy massacre.

moltar

Post by moltar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:40 pm

:?

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:44 pm

I thought there was supposed to be a Drasbury reunion.
I poop on Petland!

Thom

Post by Thom » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:02 am

DaVo wrote:There weren't no clubs doing shows for people under 21
uh huh.

y'huck y'huck

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:54 am

MUPPET BURGER wrote:
Davo wrote:So why did anyone think that corey was the brains behind Slipknot? He is a nice guy but I have to say that as far as I know he spent more time at Billy Joes and the mall then he ever did in a cemetery. I liked it better when they used to say the number one form of live entertainment in Des Moines was Strip clubs. In his defense, I have to say that 15 or 20 years ago there was very little to do in this town. There weren't no clubs doing shows for people under 21 and most of the bands were cover bands like Stone Sour. There were very few form of entertainment.

long-winded, jaded responses to utterly banal issues isn't conducive to fun internet-ing. we're all sorry that des monies has shit on you for the last 30 years and if we could place you back in 1994(at the safari club, listening to all of those marginally talented bands coming through), forever, we would. until then i beg you, keep your pathetic nostalgia to yourself.
I don't think that my post was jaded or nostalgia. Maybe banal, maybe long winded but not without a doubt not jaded.

Also Des Moines has not shited on me for the last 30 years. In fact it has been in a lot of way very good to me.

By the way, I didn't hang out at Safari in 1994. It was more of a hippie joint then anything. Safari really didn't come into play until after Hairy Mary's become 2nd Ave Foundry and then closed in 1995. 1996 was the year that Safari really started. Just to help you keep your facts straight.

I don't think I would like to go back to 1994. In fact, other then starting to pierce, 1994 really sucked.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:24 am

i dont think slipknot has done anything bad to dsm. yeah it kinda sucks that theyre usually the only band people know of from iowa which is weird.

i did like it better when they talked about how great iowa was instead of now they usually say its got nothing. corey can be a rockstar cause he is.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:34 pm

He can also suck a dick b/c he's fag shit.