More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Re: Frontline - Heat

Post by Joe » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:12 am

I can't catch this the first time around. Do you know when they'll be replaying this?

-Joe.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:50 am

Is this at 10:00?

Furious D

Post by Furious D » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:09 pm

Yeah, I like to dig through the archives and check out old Frontlines on the website, theres some really good stuff on there. Also, this Heat one should be really interesting.
....just kidding.

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:11 pm

no care ever

Furious D

Post by Furious D » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:49 pm

joseph wrote:no care ever

..... nevermind.
....just kidding.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:02 pm

want to watch this, but don't have tv. will be watching on the internet.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:19 pm

Watched it last night. It was good but it was the same facts, same questions and the same deadlock. I don't think I learned anything new. Though some of the location and footage was really cool.

I've been saying it for year, Nuclear is the answer. It is a great deal more advance then it was 50 years ago, produces a great deal less waste then in the past and if you weigh the options of effect of continuing with coal vs the amount of nuclear accident over the past 50 years, coal is long term suicide.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:26 pm

DaVo wrote:Watched it last night. It was good but it was the same facts, same questions and the same deadlock. I don't think I learned anything new. Though some of the location and footage was really cool.

I've been saying it for year, Nuclear is the answer. It is a great deal more advance then it was 50 years ago, produces a great deal less waste then in the past and if you weigh the options of effect of continuing with coal vs the amount of nuclear accident over the past 50 years, coal is long term suicide.
the sun.
it has infinite power (at least for the existence of humans).
use it.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:31 pm

Hank Fist wrote: the sun.
use it.
people.
dogs.
cats.
rats.
cows.

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:00 pm

Hank Fist wrote:
DaVo wrote:Watched it last night. It was good but it was the same facts, same questions and the same deadlock. I don't think I learned anything new. Though some of the location and footage was really cool.

the sun.
use it.
Yes but the fact is that we do not have the technology to use it to it's full effect. Wind power also sounds great on paper but when put into practice it doesn't work. Niether are a effective means to generate enough power without interruption and to keep up with demand. Thus they are never going to completely replace Coal.

With Nuclear it is expensive at start up but once the reaction is started it never stops and will run when the sun isn't shinning and the wind isn't blowing. Building a power grid based on the weather is about as realistic as burying carbon emissions in the ground. If you really look at the reason why there isn't more nuclear plants in the US has more to do with NIMYBY and cost then real safety issues.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:07 pm

i watched a hypothetical show on national geographic channel about the end of humanity? some unexplained something happens and humans are just gone. when the nuclear waste cooler things heat up and expunge...

it was sweet