Places and Times to Mosh in the Near Future

Moderators: Joe, ABOMB515, Darrin

TooManyHumyns

Re: OCT 15 AGAINST ME! AT PEOPLE'S

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:11 pm

joseph wrote:
TooManyHumyns wrote:dood Star Fucking Hipsters, Nanuchka, Driving While Stupid, Die Mutts, Patrick Swayzes Ghost and Ghost Town Bucket Bandits are all way more worth your time than that shit....bump the other show
truth

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:29 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:
joseph wrote:
TooManyHumyns wrote:dood Star Fucking Hipsters, Nanuchka, Driving While Stupid, Die Mutts, Patrick Swayzes Ghost and Ghost Town Bucket Bandits are all way more worth your time than that shit....bump the other show
truth
ive never heard against me or any of those bands other than the matt mutts. if youre gonna misquote me make it funny.

p.LUs. this might have something to do with why some people dont go to hb.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:35 pm

wait, you've never heard against me???well go to their show tonite and see what you think, i dont think you will dig.........everytime against me plays here it costs more and more...its not worth it...not with albums like new wave, and videos like white people for peace...its absurd...i think buying 20 copies of death magnetic and st.anger and playing them on repeat for the rest of your life would be more worth ones time than this show...i wasnt trying to be funny by misquoting you...and i don't think im the reason why people don't want to go to the haunted basement...i dont really like going to the haunted basement, and only have a few times in recent history...all im saying is that in my opinion the show at the HB will be more worth ones time than watching an egotistic against me take the stage and drink southern comfort

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:16 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:1.wait, you've never heard against me???dig.........
2.everytime against me plays here it costs more and more...its not worth it...
3.i wasnt trying to be funny by misquoting you...
4.all im saying is that in my opinion the show at the HB will be more worth ones time than
a. no ive never heard them.
b. i dont really care how much a show costs. thats why i have a job.
c. you should try.
d. its just rude to say this show is better than that show, thats egotistical.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:19 pm

hey, i didnt start the hatin'...i merely joined in....and for that, i do agree, it was not right of me to say...my apologies...

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:07 pm

joseph wrote: d. its just rude to say this show is better than that show, thats egotistical.
lol, stfu joe.
:lol:

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:48 am

joseph wrote: b. i dont really care how much a show costs. thats why i have a job.

I always think it's funny when people piss and moan about a couple of dollars when it comes to shows. I know not being able to shell out $7-$12 for an evening of entertainment here and there enhances your street cred and helps the scene, but sometimes it's nice to be XfinanciallystableX even if it's not what all the kids are doing these days.

Anyways, I would still like to know who the four idiots all in matching Against Me! t-shirts were at GT's a couple of years ago. I feel embarrassed being around two people wearing the same band shirt, I can only imagine how four people wearing the same band shirt must (or should) feel.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:16 am

Don't care about the cost of a ticket. Against Me put on a fantastic show last night, and they will continue to do so for as long as they exist.

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:05 am

"punk vs punk" arguments are even stupider than arguing "hip hop vs rap"

we are going to wipe our dirty asses on the flobots instruments on friday.. those sellouts signed to a label!!!

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:46 pm

for the record, i could have afforded that show, and i am fairly xfinancially stablex....i have 2 jobs, and am in school full time for building trades...its not like i spend away all my money on partying and being punk....i think the a few of you have that assumption of me...i don't think they are worth 18 dollars...and the show last nite at the HB...was fuckin' bitchin' ....i think anybody would tell you that...every band was solid...good times

teedotjaydot

Post by teedotjaydot » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:34 am

TooManyHumyns wrote:i think buying 20 copies of death magnetic and st.anger and playing them on repeat for the rest of your life would be more worth ones time than this show
this may honestly be one of the more ridiculous opinions on music i've ever heard.

just cuz you don't like their music now doesn't mean they aren't honest about what they write.

the new metallica on the other hand, is a shamockery of what they claim to be.
i need a shower, a shave and maybe a song with a melody

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:26 pm

its nice to know all these people in this thread take me sooooo seriously... :roll:

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:13 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:its nice to know all these people in this thread take me sooooo seriously... :roll:
its nice to know what your opinions are

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:21 pm

what are my opinions?
this is getting old
this show is/was lame, everytime against me! comes here, its the same reaction...i did not start the drama here
...i contributed to it...boring...
as the eternal cowboy=boring
Searching for a Former Clarity =lame
New wave=super lame and boring...theyve been ultra boring for 5 years...i have the right to say that and judge their records..not worth 18 dollars in my opinion...but apparently i'm alone with my opinion......i'd rather see 6 good bands for a 5 dollar donation...and party with my friends all night...thats my opinion...

so to all who went, how was this show? for real, im curious about the turnout and the crowd...

joseph

Post by joseph » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:27 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:what are my opinions?
this is getting old
this show is/was lame, everytime against me! comes here, its the same reaction...i did not start the drama here
...i contributed to it...boring...
as the eternal cowboy=boring
Searching for a Former Clarity =lame
New wave=super lame and boring...theyve been ultra boring for 5 years...i have the right to say that and judge their records..not worth 18 dollars in my opinion...but apparently i'm alone with my opinion......i'd rather see 6 good bands for a 5 dollar donation...and party with my friends all night...thats my opinion...

so to all who went, how was this show? for real, im curious about the turnout and the crowd...
you dont even need a leader do you

teedotjaydot

Post by teedotjaydot » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:19 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:its nice to know all these people in this thread take me sooooo seriously... :roll:
not so much taking you seriously, but even the mention of someone willfully listening to that shit-heap gets me going.

besides the fact that they aren't "punk" anymore, what is it about Against Me! that riles you so hard? They're not doing anything even remotely close enough to get all mad about, even if you are "just contributing".
i need a shower, a shave and maybe a song with a melody

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:53 pm

first of all...just to get this straight...every metallica album since and justice for all is aweful...i could care less about against me...their first 2 demos were pretty sick...and there first lp was purdy good as a full band...i just dont think they are worth 18 dollars...

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:31 pm

El Rhino wrote: XfinanciallystableX

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:40 pm

i can't stand against me anymore. beyond the fact that they play malls now, i cannot get into their new music. i even downloaded their newest album, really trying to get into it. there is one song i like. otherwise, i can delete the rest of the album forever.
we opened for them last year and i tried really hard to get into their show, but ended up standing outside.
it's just not nearly as good as their early stuff.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:13 pm

...in the end it doesn't even matter...

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:34 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote: and probably havent been in a dumpster for years.....

In most circles this would be considered a good thing and a definite sign of progress.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:30 pm

in some circles people have different ideals, and don't appreciate the excessive waste produced by the human race

Nam

Post by Nam » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:20 pm

aganst me does suck now. the demo that was going around years back was the shit though. i still listen to it every now and then for kicks
blah

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:00 pm

Where have you been?

-Joe.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:03 pm

HI NAM!!!
-james