More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Varg
Failed DMACC

liberal outrage

Post by Varg » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:21 pm

---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Re: liberal outrage

Post by Hank Fist » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:45 pm

today i heard a lady on the radio say "I can't vote for Obama cause I think he's a muslim".

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:11 pm

Hank Fist wrote:today i heard a lady on the radio say "I can't vote for Obama cause I think he's a muslim".

...and of course there's plenty of people out there who say they wouldn't vote for McCain because Palin is a "fundamentalist" Christian.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:24 pm

They got it kinda of easy. I would have spit on them.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:48 pm

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:54 pm

el rhino wrote:...and of course there's plenty of people out there who say they wouldn't vote for McCain because Palin is a "fundamentalist" Christian.
you sure you wanna put those comparisons together?

calling someone a fundamentalist christian for having insane right-wing beliefs isn't close to being so ignorant to think that someone with a name that sounds like "osama" is muslim
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:58 pm

grammera

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:01 pm

Outrageous.

-Joe.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:14 pm

El Rhino wrote:
Hank Fist wrote:today i heard a lady on the radio say "I can't vote for Obama cause I think he's a muslim".

...and of course there's plenty of people out there who say they wouldn't vote for McCain because Palin is a "fundamentalist" Christian.
at least she's in that religion. and if he was one, it would mean he was a terrorist, of course.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:26 pm

They both suck so it doesn't matter.
I poop on Petland!

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:05 pm

uh yeah. that's like waving a gay pride flag at a rodeo (of the non-gay variety. err. I mean, non-openly gay variety). some people are going to be pretty freaking reactionary.

there are douchenozzles on all sides. also, last I heard, New Yorkers aren't the friendliest folks you'll ever encounter to begin with.

lolz@this, though:
Local "progressives" boo, jeer, and flip fingers at them with a rage they never display even to this country's enemies. We would like them to take a look at themselves in this video and maybe learn a few things about the human condition that the academia has obviously left out.
Really? When was the last time Ahmadinejad strolled through Manhattan?

Yeah, these New Yorkers are clearly egghead arugula-chomping intellectuals. They were too busy being indoctrinated at university to learn their manners.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:31 pm

El Rhino wrote:

...but they both are fucking nutjobs. obama isn't muslim. it's not the same thing.
just sayin.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:28 am

I'm not voting for Nobama because he's white.
I poop on Petland!

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:40 am

this was worth watching

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:56 am

robdigi wrote:
Really? When was the last time Ahmadinejad strolled through Manhattan?
When he was at the UN's general assembly in NY? I'm pretty sure it was 2006.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:00 am

@nonymous wrote: you sure you wanna put those comparisons together?

calling someone a fundamentalist christian for having insane right-wing beliefs isn't close to being so ignorant to think that someone with a name that sounds like "osama" is muslim

He's not called a muslim for having HUESSEIN as a middle name (not obama=osama; you=retard)...but for the FACT that he went to a muslime school as a kid.

Did mccain go to a catholic school? Srsly, I don't know, I don't follow politics.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:07 am

To me Obama going to a Muslim school as a kid shouldn't mean anything; it's just like choosing to follow Christianity or some other religion. How does that make him Arabic?

I personally don't care about the election but after watching these, it's pathetic most of the reasons these people hate him.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:14 am

tylerjames515 wrote:To me Obama going to a Muslim school as a kid shouldn't mean anything; it's just like choosing to follow Christianity or some other religion. How does that make him Arabic?

I personally don't care about the election but after watching these, it's pathetic most of the reasons these people hate him.

Can you 'hate' him for be a do-nothing senator that's never written/passed any legislation? Or is that another pathetic reason to not want him as president?

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:34 am

Varg wrote:
tylerjames515 wrote:To me Obama going to a Muslim school as a kid shouldn't mean anything; it's just like choosing to follow Christianity or some other religion. How does that make him Arabic?

Can you 'hate' him for be a do-nothing senator that's never written/passed any legislation? Or is that another pathetic reason to not want him as president?
Did you watch the other videos than the one you posted? I never said anything about him passing legislation, you can't just be Arabic going to a Muslim school...these people talking shit never bring up that he hasn't done anything in office, they just assume he's a terrorist and THAT is what I am calling pathetic.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:59 am

Well he sure as fuck isn't a Presbyterian.

You've got to be fist-fucking me here. How ignorant is it really to assume that someone with a name like "Obama" is a Muslim? It's like assuming a guy with the name Lemonjello is black. Yeah dude, really ignorant.

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:02 am

El Rhino wrote:

Well he sure as fuck isn't a Presbyterian.

You've got to be fist-fucking me here. How ignorant is it really to assume that someone with a name like "Obama" is a Muslim? It's like assuming a guy with the name Lemonjello is black. Yeah dude, really ignorant.
the difference is Lemonjello isn't running for president. and basing your opinion about a person and your vote on something someone can't control, such as their name, is pretty fucking ignorant and irresponsible.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:08 am

Varg wrote:

He's not called a muslim for having HUESSEIN as a middle name (not obama=osama; you=retard)...but for the FACT that he went to a muslime school as a kid.
now i've never claimed to be the expert on barack obama, but i did approximately a minute of internet searching and found this.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

in it, obama tells how in indonesia he went to a catholic school and then a predominantly muslim school. (and in case you get confused, varg, going to a predominantly muslim school doesn't make you muslim. just like going to a predominantly white school won't make you white, a predominantly christian school won't make you christian, etc.etc.etc.)

also, yes, he IS called muslim based on his middle name (again, something he had no control over being named). i hear it everyday.

UGH I SUCK

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:11 am

Joe wrote:Outrageous.

-Joe.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:25 pm

ilikehorses wrote:
the difference is Lemonjello isn't running for president. and basing your opinion about a person and your vote on something someone can't control, such as their name, is pretty fucking ignorant and irresponsible.

Huh? Whether or not BHO is running for president has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on it being safe to assume a guy with the name "Barack Hussein Obama" is a Muslim or at the very least has those sympathies. If someone has the name "Herschel Goldberg", guess what religion/tribe I'm going to think he belongs to? I guess that's ignorant and irresponsible of me. With a name like that, he's just as likely to be a freckle-faced Irish Catholic, a Buddhist or a Hindu, right?

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:02 pm

the link varg posted was really weak.

watch the video i posted earlier; those mccain supporters are by far and large bigger fucking morons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itEucdhf4Us

the people in this are seriously some of the dumbest people on the planet.

one of the protesters on the other side says something to the effect of "why should my friend have to pay for a rape kit if she's been raped?" and the mccain supporters yell back "she should die", "she should pay double!".

sometimes, people just can't coexist with one another and they have to fight until one of them is dead, know what i mean?

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:09 pm

@nonymous wrote:sometimes, people just can't coexist with one another and they have to fight until one of them is dead, know what i mean?
i wish this were true.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:11 pm

At face value it's not crazy to suspect that Obama is muslim because of his name.

But at this point, if you are paying any attention to the race at all you know that Obama is a Christian. The information is out there, and everybody knows. Refusal to acknowledge it speaks more about one's own paranoia and fear rather than a simple incorrect assumption.
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:24 pm

robdigi wrote:At face value it's not crazy to suspect that Obama is muslim because of his name.

But at this point, if you are paying any attention to the race at all you know that Obama is a Christian. The information is out there, and everybody knows. Refusal to acknowledge it speaks more about one's own paranoia and fear rather than a simple incorrect assumption.
this would be a good question to ask mccain at the next debate: "Do you believe that Obama is a muslim, and do you believe that all muslims are terrorists". His answer would obviously have to be no on both accounts, then people could start stating their true problem with obama which is his race.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:33 pm

on a humorous note, the booking agency i used to work with(www.eviltwinbooking.com) has been booking speaking engagements for Sam Green(dir. of Weather Underground) as well as the former members of the Weather Underground, including Bill Ayers(currently being linked to Obama as a terrorist). in the last few weeks scott and liz from evil twin have gotten over 1,500 emails from people "calling them out" on supporting terrorists, even threatening their lives. classic stuff america.

if any of you college students would like to book Mr. Ayers, please see here: http://www.eviltwinbooking.com/events.c ... rtist_id=7