Soul Calibur Loser

Re: OCT 15 AGAINST ME! AT PEOPLE'S

Post by servo » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:24 pm

fuck dat
Tu vir nunc es, canis

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:32 pm

dood Star Fucking Hipsters, Nanuchka, Driving While Stupid, Die Mutts, Patrick Swayzes Ghost and Ghost Town Bucket Bandits are all way more worth your time than that shit....bump the other show

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:41 pm

someone delete this thread
Tu vir nunc es, canis

masonic

Post by masonic » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:05 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:dood Star Fucking Hipsters, Nanuchka, Driving While Stupid, Die Mutts, Patrick Swayzes Ghost and Ghost Town Bucket Bandits are all way more worth your time than that shit....bump the other show
Who? Who? Who? Who? Who? and Who? Sounds like a great show worthy of my time. Someone delete the Haunted Basement..

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:26 pm

against me was cool like 10 years ago...not so much what they used to be....star fucking hipsters is members of chocking victim/leftover crack....(equally noteable incomparison to against me)they are on tour with nanuchka...playing with a host of worthy local diy punk/other bands...seriously........support underground diy music, like what against me used to be...
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3005
check this thread
Last edited by TooManyHumyns on Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:26 pm

worst band to ever play hb>against me

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:30 pm

masonic wrote:
TooManyHumyns wrote:dood Star Fucking Hipsters, Nanuchka, Driving While Stupid, Die Mutts, Patrick Swayzes Ghost and Ghost Town Bucket Bandits are all way more worth your time than that shit....bump the other show
Who? Who? Who? Who? Who? and Who? Sounds like a great show worthy of my time. Someone delete the Haunted Basement..
You were in the Lifestyle.
Shut the fuck up right now.

-Joe.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:32 pm

get fuckt

masonic

Post by masonic » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Joe wrote:
masonic wrote:
You were in the Lifestyle.
Shut the fuck up right now.

-Joe.
Sometimes I forget how famous I am around Des Moines. If you're asking me to support "local DIY music" just for the sake of supporting it, I'll pass. I support what I want to support, which is music I deem to be good. Just because a band plays a dilapidated shit factory doesn't automatically score them DIY scene points in my book. Go to whichever show you want, I'll be at Against Me because they're punk as fuuuuucckkkkk.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:39 pm

lolololol....do you want me to post newer against me music videos for comic relief....members of choking victim are punk as fuck..and no, it doesnt make you a diy band if you play a 'dilapodated shit factory' but all of these bands are 'diy punk bands' which ones aren't? they make music for the people and themselves, not for the dollar dollar bill yall....whatever...i'll be having fun at the shit factory

sams

Post by sams » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:11 pm

I like the sentiment of "supporting local diy music". In my opinion against me! is where they are at now because TOO MANY people supported diy music. I think if the band would have made the same (excellent) album they did but with no distro/publishing/radio/hype they would be liked by many of the people who are now bashing. So what do you want? Do you really want EVERYONE to support diy music or do you want to protect those bands from the masses and prevent them from "selling out" so they will play small clubs and basements? It is only logical for bands that many people consider to be "good" play big venues and draw big crowds.

There are many reasons for listening to music, and none of them are "right". Personally, I listen to music to entertain myself, so it isn't so much about the content as it is the way it sounds to my ears. If it is catchy and I want to listen to it more than once, then it is "good". fuck cred

oh yeah and...

I assure you Against Me makes music for people and themselves, while making a little dollar dollar bill yall.

ps... coincidentally the anti-against me show will be held at peoples in the side room. Tickets for that show will be $16/$18 and everyone is welcome. Come on... lets show these guys how passionate we are about them making the music they want to and not the music you want them to!

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:44 pm

inx515xhell wrote:worst band to ever play hb>against me
This is just a wildly inaccurate statement that is only intended to piss people off.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:12 pm

Famous? Haha, okay, if your ego really needs it dude.

-Joe.

masonic

Post by masonic » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:06 am

Joe wrote:Famous? Haha, okay, if your ego really needs it dude.

-Joe.

It does. 8)

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:00 pm

i was watching some tv on the internet last night and sat through a Southern Comfort commercial starring Against Me.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:21 pm

rude

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:25 pm

Against Me was cool when the drummer sat on a bucket.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:01 pm

elliot wrote:
This is just a wildly inaccurate statement that is only intended to piss people off.
wildly innacurate...no way. maybe intended to piss people off, but that's everything i post.

these dudes playing the music they play now is like bad religion turning into televangelists.
without getting into the whole "anarchy this anarchy that" conversation, these dudes are the definition of selling out. and i would rather hear one of wiggins' joke bands than them.

JillJillJill

Post by JillJillJill » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:04 am

even coke party and arm?

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:27 pm

JillJillJill wrote:
even coke party and arm?
Dudes, HATCHET?
probly one of the worst shows I've ever been too! (Because of the bands not venue)

rob

Post by rob » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:02 am

to be fair, I really like...

Ted Leo. He is a human dynamo on stage. I don't know if I want to have to give Against Me eighteen bucks just to see Ted Leo though.

sams

Post by sams » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:53 pm

ted leo gets 1/3 of the package guarantee. so they get your money as well

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:22 pm

how much is the package guarantee?
Tu vir nunc es, canis

sams

Post by sams » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:58 pm

haha...

Apparently someone from the "515 DIY COLLECTIVE" decided to myspace message against me and express their concern for am playing the same night as their punk as fuck show at hb. They also told against me to come play a free show at hb tonight or they would throw tomatoes at them. how punk

If I can get my hands on it I will post it...

anyone want to claim this?

DARKBASS

Post by DARKBASS » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:22 pm

you guys are comparing apples to oranges......

btw.....

I agree, that having once been in the lifestyle does ruin your street cred.
MARK'O'WAR

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:24 pm

me, it was outta sarcasm, i didnt expect a reply...im not punk as fuck...i just think agaisnt me! is lame...i never knew them for what they really were...it was worth a try

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:27 pm

sams wrote:haha...

Apparently someone from the "515 DIY COLLECTIVE" decided to myspace message against me and express their concern for am playing the same night as their punk as fuck show at hb. They also told against me to come play a free show at hb tonight or they would throw tomatoes at them. how punk

If I can get my hands on it I will post it...

anyone want to claim this?
i just noticed how outrageous this is
515 diy collective? i have no fucking clue about what that is
and i didnt say anything about being concerned i said 'while your in town you should play a free set at the hb for 10 minutes, i'll supply the instruments and everything'
and that there is a lot of people who want to go to their shows to throw dumpster food at them...seriously, you have no clue what your talking about...i'll post it in a minute...i sent this to them because it came up as a joke that they were gna play the HB show, so i figured i'd give it a shot

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:31 pm

here you go:

it has come to my understanding that against me! is schedualed to play at the peoples court in des moines,ia for $18, the same night as a show i booked at a diy showspace. i think there is a known and understood fued in des moines against you!...anyways, generally people say they want to go to your show, and throw dumpster tomatoes at you and all that, but it never happens...people say this is because you guys sold out, blah, blah blah, lost your roots, got tangled up in major labels, and probably havent been in a dumpster for years.....anyways i propose that either immediately following or before your peoples court show, you play A FREE Show at the HAUNTED BASEMENT...the show i booked is:
Star Fucking Hipsters(from new york, members of choking victim)...www. mypsace. com/starfuckinghipsters
they are on tour with:Nanuchka...www. myspace. com/nanuchka
then there are 3 local bands playing
Driving While Stupid
Die Mutts
and
Patrick Swayzes Ghost

I purpose that the 1/2 original members of against me! show up and play 5 songs...i will supply the instruments...the instruments will be: 1 maybe 2 acoustic guitars, 1 snare drum, 2 buckets and your voices....this is merely a proposal, and i doubt anything will come of it, but let me know
i think if you displayed your true diy roots, and did something like this for des moines, it will show that you still cared, or whatever and it would be fun
let me know
im fo' realzzz
it would be tight
-james
Last edited by TooManyHumyns on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:49 pm

i wish to see storkusss comment