More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

Gizmo

Funks G did not shut down the Fallout Shelter

Post by Gizmo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:51 pm

I heard the other day that my band was responsible for the Fallout Shelter closing, something about there not being wheelchair access there.

We played there February 2003 and I thought it was a great thing for Des Moines, something needed for the community and I was glad it was there. I remember mentioning that to the crowd when we played, and was bummed when I heard it was closing.

I'm sure everyone on this board is involved in the music culture around here in some way or another and I have a great appreciation for anyone who is.

I/Funks G had nothing to do with the venue closing.

-Will

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Re: Funks G did not shut down the Fallout Shelter

Post by Joe » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:09 pm

The only rumor I ever heard was that it was "west Des Moines bands parents" that shut it down and that then became "Funks G's parents" that called the city on the place.

-Joe.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:49 pm

There was wheelchair access, I built the ramp personally. The only thing that got the fallout shelter shutdown was kids that ditched out on paying what they signed up to pay, and the city making it impossible for us to continue. Nate and I spent a lot of money and time towards the end trying to fix everything the city said needed fixed, and as soon as we were done, they had another list.

No band is responsible, Des Moines just wasn't having it.

I smashed MC white powers face in the parking lot, chased another douchebag down the street and kicked him while my buddy hit him with a bullet belt, drank in the parking lot etc. None of that got the place shut down, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:25 am

What the fuck is a Funks G?

Potter

Post by Potter » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:22 am

LOL