Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Why Spanish Basketball Rules.

Post by El Rhino » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:22 am

joseph

Re: Why Spanish Basketball Rules.

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:59 am

Spanish sport has been tainted by a series of racist incidents in recent years.

World football governing body FIFA fined the Spanish Football Federation after fans made monkey chants aimed at England's black football players at a a November 2004 friendly international in Madrid.

Last year a handful of Formula One fans targeted British driver Lewis Hamilton during a testing day at Barcelona's Catalunya circuit, while four years ago former football national team coach Luis Aragones was caught on tape making a racist remark about French star Thierry Henry."
rhino- you need to make more updates i hadnt heard about these'
but definite lawls. the explanations are even funnier.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:18 pm

joseph wrote:

World football governing body FIFA fined the Spanish Football Federation after fans made monkey chants aimed at England's black football players at a a November 2004 friendly international in Madrid.
That one actually is or was fairly common in European fagball whenever a black player touches the ball.

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Wow! I can't believe they thought slanting their eyes was an "affectionate gesture." Just like how clapping your hand over your mouth and whooping is just a cute tribute to Native Americans.

This really blows my mind. People simply do not think sometimes.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:36 pm

elliot wrote:Wow! I can't believe they thought slanting their eyes was an "affectionate gesture." Just like how clapping your hand over your mouth and whooping is just a cute tribute to Native Americans.

I can't believe that you actually believe that they actually believed slanting their eyes was an affectionate gesture towards their Chinese hosts. Unfortunately legit excuses like "Hey, it was funny at the time. You had to have been there." or "Lighten up, Francis" do not work when people in the public's eye find themselves in situations like this. They had to come up with something and what they came up with is really about the best they could do.

Wheatstache
Superhero

Post by Wheatstache » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:42 am

elliot wrote:Wow! I can't believe they thought slanting their eyes was an "affectionate gesture." Just like how clapping your hand over your mouth and whooping is just a cute tribute to Native Americans.

I apparently did this very loudly at the Black Hills at some sort of Native American celebration when I was around two years old.
Seriously

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:52 am

i think its funny that as much crap americans get for being crass and egotistical that europeon national and olympic teams make slurs constantly and explain the contexts instead of apoligizing like we do.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:29 am

I guess the Spanish basketball team gave an apology to China:

True caballeros, they are.