More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

andrewd

Westboro protesting in Parkersburg.

Post by andrewd » Thu May 29, 2008 12:02 pm

The Westboro Baptist church plans on picketing at the funerals of Richard and Ethel Mulder to try and show that Iowa is being punished by god for furthering Gay rights.

http://www. godhatesfags. com/written/fliers/20080526_iowa-whirlwinds. pdf

Fuck this ignorance, and fuck these homophobic and ignorant assholes. We will be counter-protesting these people so that the funeral can take in place in peace. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

These are the details of the funeral.

05/31/2008 09:45 AM - 10:30 AM Parkersburg, IA Christian Reformed Church 807 Grant St.

If you need a ride from the Waterloo, Cedar Falls area, PM me. This is very very important that we do not allow this disrespect and ignorance take place. Come help us.

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Re: Westboro protesting in Parkersburg.

Post by Crumpty Williams » Thu May 29, 2008 1:02 pm

If you're going because it will help keep the funeral peaceful, go for it... but do your best to keep your dignity. i would suggest avoiding any kind of confrontation with the Westboroeans... They pretty much thrive off of any attention they can get.

If you're going because you want to argue with them and tell them how stupid they are, that's a lost cause that will help them more than it will hurt them.
i fucking rule.

andrewd

Post by andrewd » Thu May 29, 2008 4:21 pm

Our intentions were mainly just to keep the funeral peaceful, but as it turns out, no ones allowed in Parkersburg right now, so Westboro won't be able to get in. I've got some family that are taking care of it so that they won't be allowed in. Parkersburg is under Marshall law right now so they have a reason to keep Westboro out I guess.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu May 29, 2008 4:51 pm

I wonder if it's even worth giving these guys the attention anymore.

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Thu May 29, 2008 7:05 pm

so.. do these guys protest anywhere someone has died unexpectedly?

it's a pretty big stretch to think that a few people dying in a small town (that as far as I know, has no significance whatsoever to the gay rights struggle) has anything to do with their message.

isn't there serious work for them to do in California and New York right now?
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Crumpty Williams
Spatula Spam

Post by Crumpty Williams » Thu May 29, 2008 7:41 pm

It IS a huge stretch to any semi-normal person. But they really DO think that yes, any time someone dies unexpectedly, especially if in a violent or tragic way, that it's an example of divine justice against a nation that tolerates gay people...
i fucking rule.

yuppy

Post by yuppy » Thu May 29, 2008 9:16 pm

you fuckin kidding me? man if that place was within 30 miles id go catch an assault charge.

yuppy

Post by yuppy » Thu May 29, 2008 9:18 pm

you know what the ultimate irony.jpg would be?

someone wearing a shirt that said 'gods will' on it and shooting them all with an AK47

Tom

Post by Tom » Thu May 29, 2008 10:03 pm

crumpty is right.

the best way to "protest" these people is to not acknowledge them.

someone here said they would go "catch an assault charge" or some shit like that....that's a total lose-lose situation. i know it sucks, but it's true.
obviously

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Fri May 30, 2008 12:48 am

Crumpty Williams wrote:It IS a huge stretch to any semi-normal person.
wait wait wait.....you're trying to tell me that ther ISN'T a bearded white man living in the clouds tallying the death of every fag, camel jockey, and RATIONAL THINKING HUMAN BEING?!?!?!?!
GTFO!

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri May 30, 2008 7:46 am

robdigi wrote: it's a pretty big stretch to think that a few people dying in a small town (that as far as I know, has no significance whatsoever to the gay rights struggle) has anything to do with their message.

?

Yeah, you've got about 7,000 with 9/11 and the Iraq death toll and then add a few people in a small town in Iowa. If this is the same guy who completely destroyed Sodom & Gamorrah (sp?), he must not be THAT mad.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Fri May 30, 2008 1:45 pm

confronting phelps and his goonies isn't effective unless through satire and humiliation(perhaps a clown army assaulting them with tofu cream pies). any serious attempt to attack them only shows that you take em' seriously, which is the worst thing of all.

best to leave them alone.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Fri May 30, 2008 2:01 pm

inx515xhell wrote: fag, camel jockey,

yuppy

Post by yuppy » Fri May 30, 2008 4:58 pm

while i agree confronting em isnt appropriate. im shocked no grieving father or brother or friend hasnt done it already.... i mean at a funeral? protesting a funeral? lot of emotions there. great target for some rage.

id love to be on a jury at that guys trial.... no matter how bad he fucked em up.... no way im voting guilty.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri May 30, 2008 5:32 pm

Those guys know what they're doing and have all their i's dotted and t's crossed. They usually have appropriate police protection, they film everything and they've got all the legal assistance they need, as there's a few lawyers in the family.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sat May 31, 2008 2:52 pm

Aren't there any snipers retired from the military that could take care of Phelps and his posse? I doubt a jury would ever convict someone for offing Phelps.
I poop on Petland!