More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

joseph

buy a bar/venue?

Post by joseph » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:01 pm

its in omaha but...

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/bfs/2749944089.html
BAR/NIGHT CLUB/KITCHEN - $150000 (CLIVE, IA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-12-12, 5:20PM CST
Reply to: sale-r4twz-2749944089@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well-known BAR/NIGHT CLUB/RESTAURANT business
@ 8410 Hickman Rd., Clive, IA

Established as DRINK the Original Fun Bar for many years!
Currently operating as Bombay Bicycle Club

Can be purchased immediately and ran as is with the current bands lined up through February as well as the New Year's Eve's EVENTS!

NEWLY REMODELED
4,500 sq. ft. + Patio/Deck
Comes with working KITCHEN
4 Seasons COVERED PATIO comes with its own bar and removable windows for spring, summer, fall

$35,000 automatic back-up generator included!

$7,000 rent for a reputable and long-standing bar!

Call (712) 830-4515 for more details!

Varg
Failed DMACC

Re: buy a bar/venue?

Post by Varg » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:25 am

Will they take anything in trade? I've got some CDs and an old laptop.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

DaVo

Post by DaVo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:03 am

joseph wrote:its in omaha but...

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/bfs/2749944089.html
BAR/NIGHT CLUB/KITCHEN - $150000 (CLIVE, IA)

Date: 2011-12-12, 5:20PM CST
Reply to: sale-r4twz-2749944089@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Well-known BAR/NIGHT CLUB/RESTAURANT business
@ 8410 Hickman Rd., Clive, IA

Established as DRINK the Original Fun Bar for many years!
Currently operating as Bombay Bicycle Club

Can be purchased immediately and ran as is with the current bands lined up through February as well as the New Year's Eve's EVENTS!

NEWLY REMODELED
4,500 sq. ft. + Patio/Deck
Comes with working KITCHEN
4 Seasons COVERED PATIO comes with its own bar and removable windows for spring, summer, fall

$35,000 automatic back-up generator included!

$7,000 rent for a reputable and long-standing bar!

Call (712) 830-4515 for more details!
I'm kind of sad to see it go but the location sucked. There was more than a couple of shows that I would have been at but didn't go because it meant driving through 4 suburbs and half the city of Des Moines on mostly surface streets. Then when I did go, I either talked someone else into driving or had maybe 2 beers because I feared getting pulled over. The bar just doesn't match the neighborhood.

See my dream Venue/bar is a Venue/bar/hardware store/bait and tackle shop with it's own fishing pier. Now that would be worth $150,000.
I paid my dues but I lost my Receipt.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:36 pm

BBC $1,000.00 show!!! (Bombay Bicycle Club - Des Moines, Iowa)

Date: 2012-03-01, 9:11AM CST
Reply to: q49w2-2878734906@comm.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Due to the success of our Bombay Bicycle Club Best Damn Band promotion we are gonna do something we think will be pretty cool. On Thursdays, 4 bands will go head to head to win $1,000! Weekly Battle, Weekly Payout.

These shows will start on Thursday April 5th and go till Thursday June 28th. So we are looking for 40 bands.

Here are all the details.

The Rules

4 Bands play each Thursday Night. Band with the most "Vote" tickets wins $1,000.00

Can be a cover band or an original band

The Winner of each week will get to play the following week. So it's like being on Jeopardy the winner comes back the next week and new bands get to try to "knock them off"

How to get "Vote" Tickets
1. Each person entering and paying the $3.00 cover will receive 1 "Vote" Ticket
2. Each Alcoholic Beverage purchased by Customer or Band Member will recieve 1 "Vote" Ticket

Time slots
6:30pm - Load in all bands
7:00pm - Doors
8:00pm - 8:40pm - First Band
9:00pm - 9:40pm - Second Band
10:00pm - 10:40pm - Third Band
11:00pm - 11:40pm - Fourth Band
12:15am - Voting Ends
12:30am - Winner Announced

We do ask that you do not have a show atleast 2 weeks before and 1 week after your show at the BBC. This helps ensure that you will promote and have a good crowd and best chance to win the prize.

Email me if you want your band considered for this show

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/muc/2878734906.html

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:14 pm

SOLD
Clive venue gets to The PointBy Chad Taylor1/9/2013

The The Bombay Bicycle Club re-opened as The Point, sans the music venue vibe.
The Bombay Bicycle Club closed its doors for remodeling on Jan. 1. When the Clive watering hole re-opens at the end of this week, you’ll notice a number of changes. For starters, it’s not going to be the Bombay Bicycle Club anymore.

“It’s going to be called The Point,” said co-owner Fix Brown II. “We actually took over on Oct. 5, but with our contract, we said that we’d wait until the first of the year until we did our remodel and rebranding of the bar.”

That rebranding starts with a gutting of both the bar’s interior and its identity. One thing you’ll see less of at the venue, Brown says, is music — semi-confirming rumors that have been floating around the scene for weeks.

“We’re not going to be a music venue with music four days a week anymore. We’re going to do singer/songwriter nights on Monday nights, and then we’ll do select events for bands on certain weekends. For the most part, we’re going to go more for local music than they did in the past, but we’re going to go in more for the singer/songwriter side of things.”

While the loss of the locale as a multiple-nights-a-week-music venue is unfortunate, it does sound the potential death knell for one of the city’s more abhorrent musical practices for which the BBC was known, the Battle of the Bands.

(Ding-dong, the witch is dead.)

Brown and his co-owner, Mica Wagner, confirmed that the space will still have a stage, but that the bar’s emphasis will be much more focused on its social aspects rather than on music and entertainment.

“(The stage is) going to be there somewhat, because it’s poured concrete,” Brown said. “But it’s not going to be the same.”

But for now, the process of rebuilding and rebranding continues in earnest.

“We’re going for kind of an everyman’s kind of drinking bar,” Brown said.

To that end, gone will be the Bombay Bicycle Club’s hipsterbilly sensibilities. Instead, patrons can say hello to a wider array of drink options. The new layout will also feature some standard bar-style entertainment such as darts, along with a smattering of Court Ave. frat-analia.

“We’re expanding our drink selection to include more craft beers,” Brown explained. “We’re going to have a larger selection of wine and import beers. We’ll have winter bags leagues out on the patio, as well as flippy cup and beer pong tables.”

In addition to more drinks and more games, The Point is also going to feature more food.

“We’ve got food now with Tacopocalypse,” said Brown. “But (they’re) going to expand a little and do Sunday brunches starting at 11 a.m., along with mimosas and bloody marys.”

The Bombay Bicycle Club’s sign was taken off the front of the venue on Jan. 4, and work continues on the interior to ensure that it will be completed in time for the bar’s grand re-opening celebrations on Friday, Jan. 11 and Saturday, Jan. 12. CV
http://www.dmcityview.com/the-sound/

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:34 pm

Sounds good. I have an excellent credit rating.