Places and Times to Mosh in the Near Future

Moderators: Joe, ABOMB515, Darrin

kylervk

///Hot Tuna///Iowa City///March 8///

Post by kylervk » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:41 pm

Shit, I don't know, my dad got tix and I think I'm going with him

Thursday, March 8, 2012 at 8pm
Tickets: $30 Reserved Seating / $32 Day of Show / $50 Meet & Greet Tickets (limited)

Hot Tuna is a blues-rock band featuring bassist Jack Casady and guitarist Jorma Kaukonen of Jefferson Airplane. The pair started as teenagers playing acoustic and electric blues in their hometown of Washington D.C. As Jefferson Airplane was putting together the soundtrack of the 60s, the pair remained loyal to their blues, jazz, bluegrass, and folk influences. While in San Francisco and even in hotel rooms on the road, they would play together and worked up a set of songs that they would often play at clubs in the Bay Area and while on the road. This led to a record contract, and they launched on a musical odyssey which has itself continued for more than 35 years.

In an era in which old bands reunite for one last tour, Hot Tuna can't because Hot Tuna never broke up. They are touring in support of their first studio album in 20 years, Steady As She Goes. The album celebrates the over fifty years Casady and Kaukonen have played together.

joseph

Re: ///Hot Tuna///Iowa City///March 8///

Post by joseph » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:35 am

i had no idea they were still around.