Free Advertising for 515Crew Members

Moderators: ABOMB515, Darrin

Path To Misery

I bought out Very Distro (read if you want 90s hardcore CDs)

Post by Path To Misery » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:15 pm

I bought about 1000 CDs from the remnants of what was Very Distro. I put a lot of them up on my webstore for pretty cheap. All used CDs are $5 or less and all new CDs (minus a handful of REALLY rare CDs) are $5-$10. I spent a lot of money buying out this distro to keep it from falling into the hands of eBay and Amazon low-lifes. Check out these discs as well as the other 1000 or so CDs and records I have up at

http://preservingsilence.limitedpressing.com

I have everything from some hot new B9 records to some obscure metalcore full length CDs that came from Europe in 1996.

I haven't posted here since 2008 whenever Joe hooked us up with a show at The Haunted Basement with From The Depths. That was the best show of our tour. Thanks again. I'll try to remember to post here now so I'm not here to just sell you guys shit.

Path To Misery

Re: I bought out Very Distro (read if you want 90s hardcore

Post by Path To Misery » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Oh yeah, whenever you check out it makes you make an account. All that means is making a user name and a password ... no spam or anything ever. You don't even have to ever go back to the site if you don't want.

Limited Pressing IS pretty much the coolest place on the internet right now, though in case you're not familiar. It's essentially a record trading/FREE online auction/webstore host site ran by some of the most legit people ever. They're trying to get their name on the map so I'd say if you end up making an account (entirely free) that you check out their site and see what they have to offer. They're undercutting everyone from eBay to BandCamp to iTunes to whatever other greedy website that most DIY bands get taken advantage of by.

JordanTooPure

Post by JordanTooPure » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:28 pm

Path To Misery wrote:I bought about 1000 CDs from the remnants of what was Very Distro. I put a lot of them up on my webstore for pretty cheap. All used CDs are $5 or less and all new CDs (minus a handful of REALLY rare CDs) are $5-$10. I spent a lot of money buying out this distro to keep it from falling into the hands of eBay and Amazon low-lifes. Check out these discs as well as the other 1000 or so CDs and records I have up at

http://preservingsilence.limitedpressing.com

I have everything from some hot new B9 records to some obscure metalcore full length CDs that came from Europe in 1996.

I haven't posted here since 2008 whenever Joe hooked us up with a show at The Haunted Basement with From The Depths. That was the best show of our tour. Thanks again. I'll try to remember to post here now so I'm not here to just sell you guys shit.

everyone feel free to attack AJ, he used to play drums in TPTD

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:51 pm

1) This should be in the FOR SALE sub-forum.

2) I don't see how this makes you any different than the "amazon low-lifes".

3) Strong first post.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

zach walther

Post by zach walther » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:55 pm

Path To Misery wrote:Oh yeah, whenever you check out it makes you make an account. All that means is making a user name and a password ... no spam or anything ever. You don't even have to ever go back to the site if you don't want.

Limited Pressing IS pretty much the coolest place on the internet right now, though in case you're not familiar. It's essentially a record trading/FREE online auction/webstore host site ran by some of the most legit people ever. They're trying to get their name on the map so I'd say if you end up making an account (entirely free) that you check out their site and see what they have to offer. They're undercutting everyone from eBay to BandCamp to iTunes to whatever other greedy website that most DIY bands get taken advantage of by.
fuck you!

Rooster

Post by Rooster » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:22 pm

hahahahahhahhshahahaha
As time moves
There's no sound

vegan ss

Post by vegan ss » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:30 pm

AJ rules his distro just became the best thing ever. Path to Misery covered Forget Me so he can post where he wants.
When I think of all the harm the Bible has done, I despair of ever writing anything to equal it- Oscar Wilde

hen

Post by hen » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:56 am

Rooster wrote:hahahahahhahhshahahaha
cluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluckcluck
cluck cluck

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 am

i remember buying stuff from very distro. will have to look through.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:28 pm

I've already found a few things I want, this is awesome.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Path To Misery

Post by Path To Misery » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Why am I different from someone who buys bulk CDs to post up by their barcode on Amazon?

Because I sell things for way less than what they do.
Because I haul a thousand CDs to a show and usually sell about 3 or 4 on average simply because I think distros are an awesome, forgotten aspect of shows.
Because one of my main kicks is recommending old bands to new kids.
Because my main priority is getting things into the hands of people who want them. (Why else would I buy 40 copies of a Sworn Vengeance split CD?)

If you want to turn this into a money thing ... 1 one of my 3 "real" jobs funds my distro. It's a hobby that I might break even on 5 years down the road.

No one wants to give me shit about TPTD ... they want to give you shit about TPTD.

Path To Misery

Post by Path To Misery » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:27 pm

I wish I knew who the user names were in real life. If you like me, though ... then I probably like you too.

JordanTooPure

Post by JordanTooPure » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:21 pm

Path To Misery wrote:Why am I different from someone who buys bulk CDs to post up by their barcode on Amazon?

Because I haul a thousand CDs to a show and usually sell about 3 or 4 on average simply because I think distros are an awesome, forgotten aspect of shows.
Because my main priority is getting things into the hands of people who want them. (Why else would I buy 40 copies of a Sworn Vengeance split CD?)

If you want to turn this into a money thing ... 1 one of my 3 "real" jobs funds my distro. It's a hobby that I might break even on 5 years down the road.

No one wants to give me shit about TPTD ... they want to give you shit about TPTD.
whatever bitch, give me some free shit for those records i gave you.

ill take a copy of that sworn vengeance split.

JordanTooPure

Post by JordanTooPure » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Path To Misery wrote:Why am I different from someone who buys bulk CDs to post up by their barcode on Amazon?

hey seriously though, im looking for the bros keep/ disembodied split, why the fuck don't you have it? id even order it from you.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:36 pm

chris bazan from brothers keeper ripped me and several other people off on ebay.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:11 pm

I remember moshing to Alice In Chains back in the day, first hardcore band I ever heard.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Path To Misery wrote:I haven't posted here since 2008 whenever Joe hooked us up with a show at The Haunted Basement with From The Depths..
Hi!
How have you been lately man?
Got anything exciting in the works with your band?

Hope to see you soon, if you plan on being out on the road anytime soon...

-Joe.

Path To Misery

Post by Path To Misery » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:12 am

I doubt we'll ever tour again. It was depressing seeing how "DIY" promoters work these days. I think we could swing Des Moines in a weekend though. I was actually just about to hang it up but then I stumbled upon a whole new line-up that slays any past line up we've had (sorry past members).

Broz Keep ... wow.

But yeah, Jordan, I'll ship that CD right out so you can throw it in the corner of the basement of your print shop.

Path To Misery

Post by Path To Misery » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:13 am

Keep in mind I'm speaking of the dude from that place in Buffalo, MN ... not the fine people at The Haunted Basement.

KY Jelly Belly

Post by KY Jelly Belly » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:06 pm

Just ordered some stuff from you, found the No Redeeming Social Value-40 oz of hardcore, pretty happy about that, thanks dude!

Path To Misery

Post by Path To Misery » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:08 pm

On my way to the post office now with your shit ... threw in a bonus for you too. If you're interested, I'll be posting up the NRSV DVD in a couple days.

I posted up some old CD-R demos laying around that should interest a few people.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:13 pm

ordered

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:14 am

OLDE E, DRINK IT WITH THE HARDCORE BAND!

gonna check these out

Path To Misery

Post by Path To Misery » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:14 pm

Have copies of the new First Blood before it hits the streets if that interests anyone. Basically a thrash album with three or four breaks on it. Fucking rules.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:28 pm

I got my order quick and the cds were in great condition. Prices are cheap too.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Path To Misery wrote:Have copies of the new First Blood before it hits the streets if that interests anyone. Basically a thrash album with three or four breaks on it. Fucking rules.
I listen to new First Blood all the time. It's great to hear Carl on record again.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now