Places and Times to Mosh in the Near Future

Moderators: Joe, ABOMB515, Darrin

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Re: IRON CHIC sept 26th

Post by servo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:45 pm

so theres going to be waaaaaay too many people at this show and i for one say when iron chic plays we all just sit on the floor indian style and just wave our arms a bunch and just like kinda weird them out
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:07 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:LOL :roll:. I am just saying, if Shane's going to say some shit about how Hercules is better when it's completely unrelated to this show when he doesn't even care much for hc anyway. Also way to say that these bands are boring and contrived when look at what you dudes are playing. Not the most original I've ever heard...

Crusader and Stand United are my friends, just like you guys and I support them just like I go to your shows when I can which is also irrelevant to this conversation. As far as "good" there were a few shows you (Shane) missed but I guess Four Year Strong was more important!

Joe your post about me not being at a show since then is completely off fucking base, try again partner.
What does not "caring much for hardcore" even mean? Does it mean not supporting any band, any show, any zine, any record, any ONE you can and helping people live outside of societal norms? Or does it mean not spending $40 on merch?

My comment about you not going to shows is, of course, off base, albeit intentionally off base. I know you book shows and go to shows, and I wasn't saying any of that as an intentional personal attack or anything, just as something that goes to show that anyone can call anyone else out on anything they want since it's so easy, catch my drift? No one really sees eye to eye, and callouts like this make everything work backwards. It's easy to be negative, and hard to be positive, and if we're so hard, then being positive should be easy.

Also, you can be completely un-original and still not be contrived. But that's another story.

-Joe.

zach krook

Post by zach krook » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:13 pm

i choose to remember a simpler time, where everyone agreed that the "fuck you, fight me" dudes are a huge fucking joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcpHq9Jvw4E

YOU TREAT YOUR STEP MOTHER WITH RESPECT STAND UNITED, OR YOU'LL BE SLEEPING IN THE STREETS.

also: SEWER SCUM, get real.
Persona non grata

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:22 pm

servo wrote:so theres going to be waaaaaay too many people at this show and i for one say when iron chic plays we all just sit on the floor indian style and just wave our arms a bunch and just like kinda weird them out
Yeah, Tim's basement is gonna be craaamped as fuck. He should probably take all his records and other collectible shit down off the walls down there, because those will get broke for sure I bet.

I'll probably be piss in his shower.

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:26 pm

none of this shit matters. go or dont go to shows. like or dont like bands. no one should be calling anyone out cause none of its really that important.

only boobs and guns really matter.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:34 am

MOSH YR DICKS OFF TONIGHT (BEWBS IF JILL)
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Thom

Post by Thom » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:13 pm

TONIGHT!

Don't break anything, but have a killer time.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:20 pm

Props to Thom, and Tim for throwing a fun show. Good seeing you guys, and the turn out was pretty good. If you missed it you're a boner. Every band was awesome. Btw keep doing shows there, it's tiny but at least you guys are trying. Plus it's close to my house which is TIGHT.
Rooster wrote:cant worship the devil unless you are 21 now

Shane

Post by Shane » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:01 am

Good job standing at the top of the stairs and not watching any bands tonight, Tyler. Now everyone knows what it means to "support hardcore."
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:45 am

Not really, but alright Shane. I was right up front for the band I paid to see. Suck it.

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:28 am

This was a great time. All the bands killed it.

Shane

Post by Shane » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:04 am

Nick wrote:This was a great time. All the bands killed it.
This.

I was actually pretty worried about there being enough room in that basement, but I think it ended up working out pretty well. I mean, I was at the front for every band, so I couldn't really tell, but I didn't hear anybody complaining about it.
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

Thom

Post by Thom » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:17 am

Thanks to everyone who showed. This was one of the best shows I've been to in des moines all year. Mostly because all kinds of different people showed up, and had a good time.

I hope we can make more shit like this happen in the future.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:27 pm

None of you go to shows, get fucked. These Needles are playing music that no one else is playing now-a-days and are awesome. The drummer from Hercules is fucking awesome and I am jealous I can't play like that. I didn't go to the show last night because I had Knuckled Down practice, but I really wanted to go. Bummed I missed it.

In conclusion: none of you go to shows, These Needles is awesome, Hercules drummer is awesome, Knuckled Down had band practice.

In greater conclusion: Get fucked.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Start

Post by Start » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Fun, Fun, Fun. I wish I wasn't lame and made it in time for the first bands though.

JillJillJill

Post by JillJillJill » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:04 pm

HOLY SHIT, WHO FUCKING CARES!?

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:17 pm

i went to vaudeville. i missed all the openers but still watched scout niblett with like 12 people.
best show ive seen all year.

kurtis
Represent!

Post by kurtis » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:36 pm

I went to work and made $186

Potter

Post by Potter » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:13 pm

Strong City was tite. I was bummed I got there so late. Oh well, I ended up going to jail shortly after A Dong. met this dude, fitz, we gonna blaze it up freedom style today. how was the rest of your dudes' night?

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Thom wrote:This was one of the best shows I've been to in des moines all year. Mostly because all kinds of different people showed up, and had a good time.

I hope we can make more shit like this happen in the future.
Exactly. It was cool to see a more diverse crowd. Everyone had a blast and were stoked at all the bands it seemed, even if they only went to see a particular band or whatever. More shows like this would be sweet.

And yeah, thanks to Thom and Tim. That was probably the funnest show I've been to this year.

AAA!!

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 am

i've been keeping attendance at all the shows that have ever happened to prove/disprove who is and who is not punk rock/hardcore.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:35 am

Bullet Tooth wrote: only boobs and guns really matter.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

jonnyROCKET

Post by jonnyROCKET » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:49 am

Yeah, really liked all the bands. Iron Chic was awesomer than I hoped. They played all my favorites. Not Like This is such a good album.

PS: I don't go to shows

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:52 am

ilikehorses wrote:i've been keeping attendance at all the shows that have ever happened to prove/disprove who is and who is not punk rock/hardcore.
8) I only said that to be a little shit.

tylerjames515

Post by tylerjames515 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:53 am

jjjsXe wrote:None of you go to shows, get fucked. These Needles are playing music that no one else is playing now-a-days and are awesome. The drummer from Hercules is fucking awesome and I am jealous I can't play like that. I didn't go to the show last night because I had Knuckled Down practice, but I really wanted to go. Bummed I missed it.

In conclusion: none of you go to shows, These Needles is awesome, Hercules drummer is awesome, Knuckled Down had band practice.

Mark and Zach would have taken up the whole room, besides NO ONE WANTED THOSE BUTTHOLES THERE ANYWAY! TAKE THAT!

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:39 pm

tylerjames515 wrote:
jjjsXe wrote:None of you go to shows, get fucked. These Needles are playing music that no one else is playing now-a-days and are awesome. The drummer from Hercules is fucking awesome and I am jealous I can't play like that. I didn't go to the show last night because I had Knuckled Down practice, but I really wanted to go. Bummed I missed it.

Mark and Zach would have taken up the whole room, besides NO ONE WANTED THOSE BUTTHOLES THERE ANYWAY! TAKE THAT!
he called us fat and unwanted? wtf?

jessep

Post by jessep » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:29 pm

All that needs to be said about this show is that if you didn't watch Iron Chic, you really missed out. How'd those videos turn out Nick?

zach krook

Post by zach krook » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:32 pm

jessep wrote:All that needs to be said about this show is that if you didn't watch Iron Chic, you really missed out. How'd that video of thom and zach krook breaking a chair or whatever a long time ago turn out Nick?
Persona non grata

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:06 pm

jessep wrote:How'd those videos turn out Nick?
Actually haven't gotten around to watching them yet, but most likely the video came out decent, but the audio quality will blow. The only drawback of the FlipHD things is the audio.
zach krook wrote:How'd that video of thom and zach krook breaking a chair or whatever a long time ago turn out Nick?
That shit came out awesome. Will upload sometime!

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:21 am

You should team up with Kyle. He has a decent audio recorder. you could combine his audio with your video and makes some pretty cool live show videos.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others