SUNN 200S (400W TUBED BASS HEAD) - LOUUDDDDD
$450.00

SUNN STAGE MASTER (120 SOLID STATE HEAD) - LOUDDDD
$300.00

MESA 4X12 SLANT CAB
$400.00

PEAVEY 4X12 SLANT CAB (METAL GRILL)
$270.00

I have more shit to ask me about um, these are final prices HOWEVER no low balls. All in great working condition i keep my amps safe and well maintained ask anyone who has seen my shit. I am in need of money BAD i hate letting these guys go but hey its whatever! hit me up! 310.500.7330
iON TOUR MOSSSSSST OF THE TIME - http://www.myspace.com/senderreceiver

ImageImage

Varg
Failed DMACC

Re: GEAR FOR SALE :: SUNN, MESA, PEAVEY

Post by Varg » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:57 am

lol, $300 for a solid state head? I wouldn't give you my jizz for a solid state head.

Good luck getting $400 for any cab that's not a new Diezel too. :lol:
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 am

stage master? i cant picture this?

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:02 am

Varg wrote:lol, $300 for a solid state head? I wouldn't give you my jizz for a solid state head.

i would take a solid state gorilla over any of your pro douche engl diezxl fancy pants crap.

maxxwell
Always Touring

Post by maxxwell » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:39 pm

Yes 300 for a solid state, and this is a quality amp that is from the 80s sounds good and is still in near mint.

However your cheaply assembled overly priced amps like engl are run of the mill, not loud not even compeditive. sure you can get a "cool" look and "decent" sound but at the end of the day you just spent a couple hundred dollars more on a average amp.

I can get pics of the Stage master soon, its a cool lill head. A lot of the ones i see floating around are combos this is just the head. i like it a lot read up on them, all get solid reviews and seem to be rare to a degree.

ImageImage

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:25 pm

ok. found it. looks like nice amp.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:07 am

joseph wrote:
Varg wrote:lol, $300 for a solid state head? I wouldn't give you my jizz for a solid state head.

i would take a solid state gorilla over any of your pro douche engl diezxl fancy pants crap.

That's because you don't care about your tone. You might as well play through a 10" practice amp and have it mic'd for shows. I'll sell you one for $200- save yourself $100. Sounds like shit, but what do you care?

maxxwell wrote:Yes 300 for a solid state, and this is a quality amp that is from the 80s sounds good and is still in near mint.

However your cheaply assembled overly priced amps like engl are run of the mill, not loud not even compeditive. sure you can get a "cool" look and "decent" sound but at the end of the day you just spent a couple hundred dollars more on a average amp.
Cheaply assembled? They're made in Germany by Germans- and they're far from run of the mill. When's the last time you played a Powerball, Savage, Invader, and SE? What's that- you haven't? Ohhh, you heard it from THEY. Yeah, they say a lot of shit don't they?
Not loud? that's weird 'cause anytime I play mine I cut through perfectly. Maybe that's because I know how to dial-in an amp though...an Invader150, Savage120, or any Powerball is going to be louder than your piece of shit no-tone s.s. poweramp. And I'm guessing it's a two channel one, so it's really probably only 60 watts per channel. I'm not going to go into the difference between tube and solid state, because anybody that thinks s.s. sounds better isn't a musician.
I don't know what you even mean by "compeditive" (not the misspelling but what you actually meant).
Take a look at their artist roster; might make you think twice about how non-competitive they are. A fuck-load of people are using ENGL now. Off the top of my head I know, Muhammed from Necrophagist, Evergrey, Dimmu Borgir, Orianthi, Shadowsfall, Jeff Loomis/Nevermore + Chris Broderick, Dying Fetus, Vinnie Moore, Born of Osiris, Black Dahlia Murder, Michael Romeo (Symphony X) Soilwork, The Haunted, Darkane, Stratovarius, Chris from Scale the Summit, Matt from Decrepit Birth, Obscura, Ihsahn, etc.

That's a pretty wide variety of notable users. I didn't even know Sunn made non-bass amps.

An ENGL isn't going to run anymore than a Mesa Mark V or Freyette (formerly VHT) or Hughes and Kettner. Depending on what you get, it could be cheaper. Face it, ENGLs sound awesome as fuck and look cool as fuck. And who the hell would want to play ANY amp from the '80s??? Not to mention a solid state, lol.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:41 am

Varg wrote:
joseph wrote: i would take a solid state gorilla over any of your pro douche engl diezxl fancy pants crap.

That's because you don't care about your tone. You might as well play through a 10" practice amp and have it mic'd for shows. I'll sell you one for $200- save yourself $100. Sounds like shit, but what do you care?

Take a look at their artist roster; might make you think twice about how non-competitive they are. A fuck-load of people are using ENGL now. Off the top of my head I know, Muhammed from Necrophagist, Evergrey, Dimmu Borgir, Orianthi, Shadowsfall, Jeff Loomis/Nevermore + Chris Broderick, Dying Fetus, Vinnie Moore, Born of Osiris, Black Dahlia Murder, Michael Romeo (Symphony X) Soilwork, The Haunted, Darkane, Stratovarius, Chris from Scale the Summit, Matt from Decrepit Birth, Obscura, Ihsahn, etc.

That's a pretty wide variety of notable users. I didn't even know Sunn made non-bass amps.
you talk about tone and then site these "players"? talk about a bunch of bullshit.
you didnt know sunn made guitar amps? so youre admitting for once you dont know shit? thanks.
a 10" practice amp? wtf do you think a gorilla is? dumbass. for someone that likes to regularly quote people and say "thats what i said' youre sure doing it a lot talking in circles and not saying anything.

"so, whens your next show?-jrs"

Shane

Post by Shane » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:23 am

Btw, Varg, vintage Sunn solid state heads are pre "modeling" technology and instead rely on several stages of compression circuits to achieve a much more reliable tube-like sound (ya know, because the circuits in tube amps compress and clip your signal to produce your tone). They sound really good. I mean, yeah, tube amps rule, but solid state Sunn heads also rule and sound better than some tube amps out there. I also second the run of the mill comment.

Eat shit.

Maxxwell, if I had the money, I would probably buy one of those cabs, but fuck my life.
Joey Chaos wrote:Shane's gonna find out the hard way.

Churro

Post by Churro » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:23 pm

Oh man. I wish I had money. I want that tube head.

lukerauch

Post by lukerauch » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Varg wrote:
joseph wrote:

maxxwell wrote:Yes 300 for a solid state, and this is a quality amp that is from the 80s sounds good and is still in near mint.

Cheaply assembled? They're made in Germany by Germans- and they're far from run of the mill. When's the last time you played a Powerball, Savage, Invader, and SE? What's that- you haven't? Ohhh, you heard it from THEY. Yeah, they say a lot of shit don't they?
Not loud? that's weird 'cause anytime I play mine I cut through perfectly. Maybe that's because I know how to dial-in an amp though...an Invader150, Savage120, or any Powerball is going to be louder than your piece of shit no-tone s.s. poweramp. And I'm guessing it's a two channel one, so it's really probably only 60 watts per channel. I'm not going to go into the difference between tube and solid state, because anybody that thinks s.s. sounds better isn't a musician.
I don't know what you even mean by "compeditive" (not the misspelling but what you actually meant).

An ENGL isn't going to run anymore than a Mesa Mark V or Freyette (formerly VHT) or Hughes and Kettner. Depending on what you get, it could be cheaper. Face it, ENGLs sound awesome as fuck and look cool as fuck. And who the hell would want to play ANY amp from the '80s??? Not to mention a solid state, lol.
dude, its all about what kind of jams you play. i think you're probably the only guy that posts on this board that listens to the bands you listed. if your going to be playing tinny, scooped mid bull-shit, then maybe an overpriced ENGL or Mesa or VHT is the way to go. i mean sure i've gotten a mesa/vht to sound alright but i'd rather have a sound city or model-t any day of the week. let that soak in a little brother. you should probably consider not being such a douche.

lukerauch

Post by lukerauch » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:38 pm

oh and by the way
GOD DIEZEL FUCKING BLOWS

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:58 am

joseph wrote: you talk about tone and then site these "players"? talk about a bunch of bullshit.
you didnt know sunn made guitar amps? so youre admitting for once you dont know shit? thanks.
a 10" practice amp? wtf do you think a gorilla is? dumbass. for someone that likes to regularly quote people and say "thats what i said' youre sure doing it a lot talking in circles and not saying anything.
No one is talking in circles. You're an idiot and don't have a fucking clue about tone. Nobody in their right mind thinks solid state sounds good or is acceptable for live use. You listen to shitty bands that have shitty tone and you are attempting to replicate their shitty tone...thus you don't have a fucking clue about what GOOD tone is. I listed a wide VARIETY of genres of players that use just ENGL. The list is 100 times larger when you add Mesa, VHT, and Diezel.

Orianthi is on Geffen and you think they're going to let her go out and play some shit amp? Give me a break.

lukerauch wrote:
dude, its all about what kind of jams you play. i think you're probably the only guy that posts on this board that listens to the bands you listed. if your going to be playing tinny, scooped mid bull-shit, then maybe an overpriced ENGL or Mesa or VHT is the way to go. i mean sure i've gotten a mesa/vht to sound alright but i'd rather have a sound city or model-t any day of the week. let that soak in a little brother. you should probably consider not being such a douche.
Tinny and scooped mids? LOL, you don't even play guitar do you? Nobody who plays ENGL scoops their mids you stupid faggot. Go be gay elsewhere.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:28 am

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:39 am

Varg wrote:
joseph wrote: you talk about tone and then site these "players"? talk about a bunch of bullshit.
No one is talking in circles. You're an idiot and don't have a fucking clue about tone. Nobody in their right mind thinks solid state sounds good or is acceptable for live use. You listen to shitty bands that have shitty tone and you are attempting to replicate their shitty tone...thus you don't have a fucking clue about what GOOD tone is. I listed a wide VARIETY of genres of players that use just ENGL. The list is 100 times larger when you add Mesa, VHT, and Diezel.

Orianthi is on Geffen and you think they're going to let her go out and play some shit amp? Give me a break.
idiot huh?
well im glad you enjoyed my varg impersonation. you mad?

lukerauch

Post by lukerauch » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:31 pm

Varg wrote:

lukerauch wrote:
Tinny and scooped mids? LOL, you don't even play guitar do you? Nobody who plays ENGL scoops their mids you stupid faggot. Go be gay elsewhere.
you're right varg i don't play guitar. i finger tap.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:33 pm

lukerauch wrote: you're right varg i don't play guitar. i fingerbang.

maxxwell
Always Touring

Post by maxxwell » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:10 pm

This thread is getting just awesome.

If we are name dropping how about KRANK heads...DB helped make and use them holy shit they must be good WRONG. Name dropping means nothing at all, studio magic always helps and micing at a show. while you put your head on 5 to get half the volume my sunn concert lead gets on 2 and half. while not having clipping or any noise.

And no one would use solid state for live use!? Sunn is the ORIGINAL loud amps for concerts hahahah. then again varg what would you know, you play in your room and NEVER leave the house meanwhile spending 3k on a rig that is no better than anything else.

ImageImage

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:08 pm

maxxwell wrote:This thread is getting just awesome.

If we are name dropping how about KRANK heads...DB helped make and use them holy shit they must be good WRONG. Name dropping means nothing at all, studio magic always helps and micing at a show. while you put your head on 5 to get half the volume my sunn concert lead gets on 2 and half. while not having clipping or any noise.

And no one would use solid state for live use!? Sunn is the ORIGINAL loud amps for concerts hahahah. then again varg what would you know, you play in your room and NEVER leave the house meanwhile spending 3k on a rig that is no better than anything else.
Holy fuck dude, you are CLUELESS. You're bringing Krank's (which suck ass to begin with) into a boutique-level tube amp discussion. The whole time negating the fact that Dime was a prostitute for Krank where as everyone I mentioned played ENGL BEFORE getting endorsed.

I guess that just ruined your whole theory. LOL, you don't even know how much my rig cost, when or where I play, or even understand that it IS better than anything you've ever played.
LOL, go listen to shitty melodic death metal like I do you stupid fag.

Shane

Post by Shane » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:08 am

LOLOLOLOL ENGL = boutique quality? What the fuck is wrong with you? You can buy ENGL amps at Guitar Center. They sound exactly the same as every other "high gain" amp on the market. There is nothing special about ENGL amps other than their price. But wait, they "look cool as fuck." My bad, I forgot that the way an amp looks matters. You're a fucking idiot.

WHAT BAND ARE YOU IN?

WHEN'S YOUR NEXT GIG?

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:38 am

Guitar Center doesn't carry ENGL. Here's your proof:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Defa ... &Search=Go

You've never played an ENGL, or a Diezel, or a VHT, or probably even the Mark Mesas. You are not an authority on the subject. You suck at guitar. You suck at life.

Shane

Post by Shane » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:05 am

Sorry, Musician's Friend (owned by Guitar Center) carries them, my bad.

I've heard several of those amps and many more like them. They sound like high gain tube amps. There is no point in spending the money on those amps because they are all the same. A high gain amp in conjunction with high output pickups is going to sound like literally any other high gain amp. A/B testing will show tonal differences, but live or recorded (ya know, since they both utilize post-signal EQ) they are going to be virtually indistinguishable other than looks. All these "awesome tones" are interchangeable and boring. This is not a hard concept to learn and can be ascertained after listening to any of the bands that use them.

I don't play guitar, I play drums. I never claimed to play guitar. I'm really good at drums.

You have never answered the questions, "what band are you in" and "when's your next gig". Your only tool in an argument with a 17-year-old is a picture you edited in paint. You're a sad motherfucker. I feel sorry for you.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:04 am

Shane wrote:I'm really good at drums.
I'm glad you realize this and aren't humble about it, because you are really good. Honestly.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:58 am

maxxwell wrote:This thread is getting just awesome.
this

Churro

Post by Churro » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:37 am

Shane wrote:I'm really good at drums.
YOU AIN'T GOT SHIT ON JASON BITTNER OF SHADOWS FALL. You only have like 3 cymbals? Jason has 13. You need to be hitting cymbals while hitting cymbals or you're a dick.

* 14" Mb10 Heavy Soundwave Hi-Hat (×2)
* 18" Mb10 Medium Crash
* 17" Mb10 Medium Crash
* 18" Mb20 Rock China
* 18" Byzance Brilliant China
* 16" Byzance Brilliant China
* 17" Generation X China Crash
* 20" Mb10 Bell Blast Ride
* 20" Mb20 Heavy Ride
* 10" Byzance Dark Splash
* 8" Byzance Dark Splash
* 8" Classic Bell Effect Cymbal
* 17" AA China

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:33 am

My amp can beat up your amp! I bought one of these Kustom I Lead solid state amps over ten years for $100 and haven't used another amp since. This little fucker can blow the balls off a charging rhino at 50 paces. I'll put it up against any of your fancy-pants amps anyday.

I poop on Petland!

Shane

Post by Shane » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:49 am

I'm really pleased with how this thread turned out.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:59 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:My amp can beat up your amp! I bought one of these Kustom I Lead solid state amps over ten years for $100 and haven't used another amp since. This little fucker can blow the balls off a charging rhino at 50 paces. I'll put it up against any of your fancy-pants amps anyday.

yes!
if you want to go down the kustom road thats where ive been.
the Lead series is deadly. if you want to go volume blasting try the Lead IV.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:26 pm

joseph wrote:
Big Fat Retard wrote:My amp can beat up your amp! I bought one of these Kustom I Lead solid state amps over ten years for $100 and haven't used another amp since. This little fucker can blow the balls off a charging rhino at 50 paces. I'll put it up against any of your fancy-pants amps anyday.

yes!
here's a good site about the Kustom Lead series.
http://www.broadwaymusicco.com/kustom4.htm
I poop on Petland!

lukerauch

Post by lukerauch » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:48 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
joseph wrote:

yes!
here's a good site about the Kustom Lead series.
http://www.broadwaymusicco.com/kustom4.htm
fuck yes. i had the kustom 300 plush head a few years ago. it sounded awesome with a fuzz pedal in front of it.

this thread rules by the way.