Post by inx515xhell » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:38 am

put it in the butt.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Re: Vids of me weightlifting

Post by El Rhino » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:20 am

inx515xhell wrote:thread is now about juggalofaith.com
http://www.juggalofaith.com/

After perusing this page I looked up "The Unveiling" on YouTube and wow, that's some mind blowing shit.

Faygo is the blood of Christ.

Potter

Post by Potter » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:20 pm

Faygo is the blood of Christ.
fuck...

When I read that the first involuntary thought that popped into my skull was "Now thats some heavy shit.."

robdigi

Post by robdigi » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Nick wrote: Image

My favorite part about this gif is that he punches the middle guy in the face as well. BOGO!
All that's missin' is the retired band teacher with the self-inflicted gunshot wound!

Potter

Post by Potter » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:10 pm

Oh my god, replay value is through the roof. Its like watching a kubrick movie.

Also, Charles Burns avatar.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:27 pm

Varg wrote:jk, fagz.

100% serious question. What do you max on a flat bench? For a while as few years ago I used to lift a lot (for ass kicking purposes). I weighed about 5 pounds less than I do know (so 165 then), and I maxxed at 215, and could do a set of 10 of 195. I figured that was pretty good for my weight, so I'm pretty curious.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:37 pm

http://www.criticalbench.com/chart.htm

According to this, if you can bench 195 x 10, your max should be around 254.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:01 pm

Well, it wasn't. 215 nearly killed me.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:04 pm

I think 215 is good for a casual lifter at 165 but the 195 x 10 would be abnormally good for someone with a 215 max.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Well, I did it, more than once. I've been told by others that I should've been able to max more, but was going about it wrong. Regardless, 215 nearly killed me. I don't have a weight set anymore, but would be curious as to what I would max now. I highly doubt it would me over 200.

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Joey Chaos wrote:

100% serious question. What do you max on a flat bench? For a while as few years ago I used to lift a lot (for ass kicking purposes). I weighed about 5 pounds less than I do know (so 165 then), and I maxxed at 215, and could do a set of 10 of 195. I figured that was pretty good for my weight, so I'm pretty curious.

I'm pretty much done flat benching for awhile. A few weeks ago I started having serious shoulder issues and had to get x-rays done. Apparently it's just 'normal wear and tear' and I'm suppose to stop doing the exercises that cause pain for 6-8 weeks (Flat bench, dips, and squats). Dumbbell flat bench doesn't cause problems- nor does decline barbell bench (because I can get set up better and lock my shoulders), so that's what I've been doing.
On Monday I decline benched 325 x 3 for my heaviest set. My decline is usually pretty close to my flat bench- so shoulder issues aside, it'd probably be around there.
Today I squatted 325 x 4. And last week I deadlifted 405 x 3.

And yeah- 195 x 10 is not a 254 bench, not even close. I remember back when I was benching around 205 x 9 my max was about 240, maybe 245.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:21 am

I've found those charts pretty close to accurate, at least when we're talking about lower reps. I can't get 195 x 10 but 215 is no problem. Some people just work differently, I guess.

Shamone Jackson

Post by Shamone Jackson » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:11 am

Varg wrote:
Joey Chaos wrote:

I'm pretty much done flat benching for awhile. A few weeks ago I started having serious shoulder issues and had to get x-rays done. Apparently it's just 'normal wear and tear' and I'm suppose to stop doing the exercises that cause pain for 6-8 weeks (Flat bench, dips, and squats). Dumbbell flat bench doesn't cause problems- nor does decline barbell bench (because I can get set up better and lock my shoulders), so that's what I've been doing.
On Monday I decline benched 325 x 3 for my heaviest set. My decline is usually pretty close to my flat bench- so shoulder issues aside, it'd probably be around there.
Today I squatted 325 x 4. And last week I deadlifted 405 x 3.

And yeah- 195 x 10 is not a 254 bench, not even close. I remember back when I was benching around 205 x 9 my max was about 240, maybe 245.

means nothing in a street fight

bulk up brah

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:07 pm

Attn. Nigger, not sure if that was directed at Varg or me, but I'll knock your ass out.

(I can only assume that Shamone Jackson does not exist, but I felt obligated to make threats of violence just on the off chance that he...........she.........it,does.)

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Shamone Jackson wrote:

means nothing in a street fight

bulk up brah

No, it means a lot 'in a street fight'. I don't care how well-trained or how many UFC pay-per-views some 155 lb bro has seen or even how much tap out paraphernalia they own. They still stand no chance against someone who weighs 250 lbs. (of course when I say 250 lbs, I'm not referring to somebody who just ATE their way to that weight) They're simply over-powered.
It's not even a matter of "well they're strong for their size"- you see more knockouts at 205 than you do at 155. Some things require a certain amount of force behind them. This is why they have weight classes for wrestling and UFC- size does matter.
in b4 blah blah blah

All this reminds me that I found a video on my computer two nights ago of one of the fights I was in last hockey season. I had never seen it before and it kind of sucked because it happened on the opposite end of the ice of where it was filmed from so you can't see much. You can hear a lot though, lol.

And I'm on the bulk of a lifetime- the likes of which I may never recover from.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:32 pm

varg wrote:No, it means a lot 'in a street fight'.
i would say being skilled in a martial art/having the ability to disarm and disable someone is much more important in a street fight than being big and strong.

kind of useless to have those crazy muscles if you're just gonna get stabbed or shot.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:02 pm

@nonymous wrote:
varg wrote:No, it means a lot 'in a street fight'.
i would say being skilled in a martial art/having the ability to disarm and disable someone is much more important in a street fight than being big and strong.

kind of useless to have those crazy muscles if you're just gonna get stabbed or shot.
Strength is good in a fight, so is skill. It's best to have both and to not rely on one or the other - but if you're relying on skill you're going to need a whole hell of a lot of it to effectively take down someone who is really, really strong and has half a clue about what they're doing.

Here is a good example of strength over skill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I

This asshole claims to be a martial arts master - and he very well may be. He challenges any MMA fighter and places a $500 wager on it. Some random MMA dude takes him up and goons him in about 15 seconds.

JoePreppy
Go Go Gadget Shoe Phone

Post by JoePreppy » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:05 pm

eh that 195 x10 w/ a 215max sounds way off.

I can hit 225 assuming the bar is 45 that's 4 plates. But only 4reps at 195.

My weight is 160~165 highest I've ever tipped em is 168....for a day. Haven't lifted in over a month w/ a shoulder issue as well. So I bet I can't even get 1rep of 195, takes so long to get there and no time to lose it.

You dudes ever do these? Saw this vid and thought I'd give it a try, only did 8 and got scared of getting to close to the bar and KOing myself in front of everyone at the gym....btw I am a pull up fiend can bang out 30 in a set, owe it to being so light I guess. This dude is shredded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1JqtbRPNps

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:27 pm

that dood needs to get his dick sucked so he can quit trying so hard...i feel bad for him...

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:57 am

...edit

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:01 am

lol, with all this talk of lifting I decided to take a video tonight since I was going for a bench PR. I've never done a video for bench to check form (only Squat and DL) so it's good that I did since I found something I definitely need to work on.

335 x 3. All of them touched my chest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiN7Thw1aGY

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:32 am

Varg wrote:lol, with all this talk of lifting I decided to take a video tonight since I was going for a bench PR. I've never done a video for bench to check form (only Squat and DL) so it's good that I did since I found something I definitely need to work on.

Now that's alot more impressive than the videos of you whacking off on your guitar.
I poop on Petland!

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:51 pm

Varg wrote:lol, with all this talk of lifting I decided to take a video tonight since I was going for a bench PR. I've never done a video for bench to check form (only Squat and DL) so it's good that I did since I found something I definitely need to work on.

that looks like golds. cut your hair, hippy.

@nonymous

Post by @nonymous » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:59 pm

Varg wrote: I didn't realize how much water I was retaining until I saw that, lol...
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats" - H. L. Mencken

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:20 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:

Now that's alot more impressive than the videos of you whacking off on your guitar.

Not really.
Bullet Tooth wrote:

that looks like golds. cut your hair, hippy.
Not Golds. Had two inches taken off today.

@nonymous wrote:I cry about the evils of capitalism while making my living as an entrepreneur. brb, goin' to Starbucks.

Shamone Jackson

Post by Shamone Jackson » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:51 am

Joey Chaos wrote:Attn. Nigger, not sure if that was directed at Varg or me, but I'll knock your ass out.

(I can only assume that Shamone Jackson does not exist, but I felt obligated to make threats of violence just on the off chance that he...........she.........it,does.)
Not directed at you and you could not knock me out.Stop with the racism brah.

Shamone Jackson

Post by Shamone Jackson » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:52 am

Will your chest deflect a .45 bullet?If not, get back to the gym.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:52 pm

Varg, your body is fucked. In 7-10 years shit's gonna start breaking down. I'll still be interested in hittin' that shit though.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:08 pm

-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.