More Online Drama than Afternoon Soaps

Moderators: kylervk, Joe, Hank Fist, inx515xhell

joseph

attn beaver

Post by joseph » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:33 pm

Things You Shouldn't Say to a Guy While Kissing

8. "This is awesome!"
Don't get us wrong, we're psyched that you're enjoying yourself. But exclamatory outbursts are best saved for the playoffs and/or Shark Week, not romantic moments.

7. "Hey! I know that guy over there!"
The fact that your attention was diverted to another guy is second only in disheartening creepiness to the fact that you kiss with your eyes open. Weirdo.

6. "Hang on, lemme take out my retainer."
Wait -- how old did you say you were?

5. "I've got a cold. We should stop."
If you're suddenly conscious of your status as a disease-carrying Petri dish -- as opposed to considerately aware enough to warn us before we swap germs -- we'll call your bluff.

4. "Lemme answer that."
Answering your phone at any point during a date is just plain rude. Plus, why would you want to deprive this moment of the mood-setting Lady Gaga ringtone background music?

3. "You're a better kisser than my boyfriend."
That's not cool. But saying we're better than your girlfriend is a reason for pats on the back. Does she want to watch?

2. "First time, huh?"
During a kiss, people exchange nearly 300 different types of bacteria -- most of which are not dangerous. Excuse us for being selective about our previous lip-locking.

1. "I love you!"
Is that really something you wanna risk saying as you pull away prematurely, leaving a drool zipline anchored between us?

kylervk

Re: attn beaver

Post by kylervk » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:00 pm

joseph wrote:3. "You're a better kisser than my boyfriend."
That's not cool. But saying we're better than your girlfriend is a reason for pats on the back. Does she want to watch?
i dont know, i might be into that

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:36 pm

joseph wrote:Things You Shouldn't Say to a Guy While Kissing

8. "This is awesome!"
Don't get us wrong, we're psyched that you're enjoying yourself. But exclamatory outbursts are best saved for the playoffs and/or Shark Week, not romantic moments.
I sometimes say that when I'm bangin' a chick.
7. "Hey! I know that guy over there!"
"So do I. We had anonymous gay sex in the bathroom at the bus depot last Thursday"

6. "Hang on, lemme take out my retainer."
" No problem. While your doing that. I'm going to take out my glass eye. it's getting a little itchy"
5. "I've got a cold. We should stop."
"That's ok, I have cold sores too"
4. "Lemme answer that."
"Why don't you answer this instead?" (while waving hard on in her face)
3. "You're a better kisser than my boyfriend."

"He's a better kisser than you"
2. "First time, huh?"
"My last too."
1. "I love you!"
"Does that mean I get to do you bareback tonight?"
I poop on Petland!

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Thursday, September 10, 2009
First Avenue & JAM present THE MARS VOLTA Mainroom / 6:00 pm / all ages

$30.00 adv | $30.00 door
filed under: All Ages, Mainroom

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Thursday, September 17, 2009
INSANE CLOWN POSSE Mainroom / 5:00 pm / all ages

$25.00 adv | $25.00 door
filed under: All Ages, Mainroom
purchase from Ticketmaster

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:39 pm

Monday, September 21, 2009
93X presents ALICE IN CHAINS Mainroom / 8:00 pm / 18+

$25.00 adv | $25.00 door
filed under: Mainroom

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:08 pm

joseph wrote:Monday, September 21, 2009
93X presents ALICE IN CHAINS Mainroom / 8:00 pm / 18+

$25.00 adv | $25.00 door
filed under: Mainroom
who is frontman now?

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:10 pm

isnt it the same guy? or the guy from velvet revolver?

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:12 pm

joseph wrote:isnt it the same guy? or the guy from velvet revolver?
dude o.d.'d. velvet revolver is dude from Stoned Templed Piloted.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:31 pm

Reformation and Black Gives Way to Blue (2005-present)

Sean Kinney in 2006. Kinney has been Alice in Chains' drummer since its inception.In 2005, Jerry Cantrell, Mike Inez, and Sean Kinney reunited to perform a benefit concert in Seattle for victims of the tsunami disaster that struck south Asia.[44] The band featured Damageplan vocalist Pat Lachman, with other special guests including Wes Scantlin of Puddle of Mudd, Maynard James Keenan of Tool, and Ann Wilson of Heart.[44][45] On March 6, 2006, the surviving members performed at VH1's Decades Rock Live concert, honoring fellow Seattle musicians Ann and Nancy Wilson of Heart. They played "Would?" with Pantera and Down vocalist Phil Anselmo, and Duff McKagan of Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver, then they played "Rooster" with William DuVall and Ann Wilson.[45] The band followed the concert with a short United States club tour, several festival dates in Europe, and a brief tour in Japan. To coincide with the band's reunion, Sony Music released the long delayed third Alice in Chains compilation, The Essential Alice in Chains, a double album that includes 28 songs.[46]

Comes with the Fall vocalist William DuVall joined Alice in Chains as lead singer during the band's reunion concerts. Velvet Revolver and ex-Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan also joined the band for the reunion tour, playing rhythm guitar on selected songs.[45] Before the tour, Kinney mentioned in an interview that he would be interested in writing new material, but not as Alice in Chains.[47] However, AliceinChains.com reported that the band had begun writing new material, with DuVall on lead vocals. Blabbermouth.net reported in September 2008 that Alice in Chains would enter the studio that October to begin recording a new album for a summer 2009 release.[48]

On October 23, 2008, the band began recording it at the Foo Fighters' Studio 606 in Los Angeles with producer Nick Raskulinecz (Foo Fighters, Rush, Stone Sour, Trivium, Shadows Fall, Death Angel).[49] Guitarist Jerry Cantrell told Revolver Golden God Awards that Alice in Chains had finished recording the album on March 18, which happened to be his 43rd birthday, and were in the process of mixing it for a September release.[50] On April 25, 2009, it was reported that the new Alice in Chains album would be released on their new label Virgin/EMI,[51] making it the band's first label change in their 20-plus year career. In April, the band confirmed that the album would be released in September, with a blog post from the band expressing the hope that "these songs will strike a chord and make a similar impact on all of you out there that were moved by this band in the first place."[52] On June 11, 2009, Blabbermouth.net reported that the new album will be titled Black Gives Way to Blue, and is officially set to be released on September 29, 2009.[2] On June 30, 2009, one of the album's songs, "A Looking in View", was released as the first single from the album. It was made available for a limited time as a free download through the official Alice in Chains website in early July. It is also available for purchase through the iTunes music store and Amazon.com. A music video for "A Looking in View" debuted via Alice in Chains' official website on July 7, 2009.[53] As of June 26, 2009, according to Blabbermouth.net, sources have told The Pulse of Radio that an official radio single called "Check My Brain" will head to rock stations in mid-August.[54]

In September 2008, it was announced that Alice in Chains would headline Australia's Soundwave Festival in 2009, alongside Nine Inch Nails and Lamb of God.[55] In February 2009, it was also announced that Alice in Chains would play at the third annual Rock on the Range festival.[56] On August 1, 2009, Alice in Chains, along with Mastodon, Avenged Sevenfold, and Glyder, will perform at Marlay Park, Dublin as a direct support to Metallica.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:31 pm

I may go to the Mars VOlta. Saw 'em last year. They are actually kinda boring live now-a-days. Rather go see ETID in Kc on the same day.

I may go see ICP depending on how bored I am and if I get a discounted ticket again.

AIC - meh, I'd go if it were in town which Im sure may just happen eventually.

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:38 pm

Playa' playas. Meh, they serve food until about 1:00 am sometimes later :? ....and its across the street. :D

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:41 pm

are you still holding out?

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:41 pm

ATTN BEAVER

that's an otter, dude.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:50 am

inx515xhell wrote:ATTN BEAVER

that's an otter, dude.
hahahaha

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:29 pm

To me varmit all look the same.....like black people.

Joe - Yes, I am a month free of the devil's nectar. Might break any day now. I'll keep you posted.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:44 pm

YOUR BIRFDAY RARTY IS TONIGHT

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:11 am

Erich Tran, 35, is the guitarist for metal band Only, which plays a farewell show at 9:30 p.m. Saturday at the House of Bricks, 525 E. Grand Ave.

Why is this Only's last show? We're basically going on hiatus through the end of the year. I'm expecting my second kid and our drummer is expecting his first, so we're getting really busy. We decided to take a little break and see what happens next year. Plus, we've been doing this for 11 years with no real break. It will be nice to do something different.

So what comes next for the members of the band? Me and some of the guys in the band want to do something different for a while, so we're starting a Faith No More tribute band. I'll be playing drums instead of guitar. We're all huge Faith No More fans. I'm sure there's not a huge market of fans that want to see that, but we don't care. This is just something for us.

What's been your favorite memory with the band? One high point was playing the VEISHEA Battle of the Bands a long time ago, and winning. We went over really well and it was a big surprise because Ames is not really known for being a metal crowd.

Anything special planned for the last show? We try to make every show kind of special. For the last three years, the band has evolved to be more theatrical. Every show we would do something different, like a "Top Gun" theme or a superhero theme. We have a lot of fun stuff planned for this one. We're a metal band, but we have a weird sense of humor.
http://desmoines.metromix.com/music/art ... 34/content

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:11 pm

^ I saw this and it made me shudder.