Places and Times to Mosh in the Near Future

Moderators: Joe, ABOMB515, Darrin

Captain Caveman

Re: BUILDING BETTER BOMBS (feat. POS) - MEWS - FRI JAN 9TH

Post by Captain Caveman » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:13 pm

Furious D wrote:
Captain Caveman wrote:
servo wrote:*will take d lamb more seriously when garageband recorded elliot smith covers are cool again*
There you go again not knowing what you are talking about. The only thing I have ever recorded on is a 4-track tape recorder. Not that it matters at all, since you are about the last person I will ever be trying to impress. But thanks for the feedback anyway (no pun intended).
YAH TOTALLY DUDE

i dont even know who you are so its not like im going to spend time studying up on your recording techniques, i just heard a song off your myspace that sounded like a pre-set garage band song but i guess thats just your sound or something

FLOW INTO THE FLOATING EARTH, NO TIME FOR THESE WICKED VIBES

just listen to jimi hendrix and when hardcore bands play at the VM turn the bass up on their instruments, this thread should hardly turn into a gear talk fool

Furious D

Post by Furious D » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Captain Caveman wrote: i dont even know who you are so its not like im going to spend time studying up on your recording techniques
This is my point exactly! You didn't know anything about my recording techniques, yet you made a comment ABOUT MY RECORDING TECHNIQUES.

Anyway, this is dumb, not really necessary to argue about any of this stuff, which is what was frustrating in the first place. This thread sucks, the show was fun, have a good one.

ps. Sorry to Monstro if I made you guys sound bad. Had the vokes up literally as loud as they would go, but you guys are too damn heavy. Oops. Damn good set anyway.
....just kidding.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:31 pm

ska bands need to be brought into this argument
Tu vir nunc es, canis

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:49 pm

teedotjaydot wrote:just because it's "punk rock" doesn't mean it's better
...ummmmmmmmmmmmm? :roll:
elliot wrote:there would have been maybe 25 paying people at Haunted Basement. There were at least 50 at the Mews.
yeah, whats up with that? i took donations at the last 2 haunted basement shows and sure, there are people that donate $5 every time, but shrugging at the guy with the donation jar like you didnt see it coming is just plain stupid. i understand times is rough, but $3 is no big shit. i drive to shows from pella, thats at the very least $10 there and back in my car, and i always donate. des moines dirty dicks, step it up on the donation end.
Captain Caveman wrote:i guess the sound dude was new so what THE FUCK EVER MOTHER FUCKER EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
derek ran sound for us a couple nights back and i think that he did a very fine job :D

...plus hes good looking, so that doesnt hurt

kristy

Post by kristy » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:04 pm

All this nay-saying is exactly why I feel uncomfortable at the HB. If someone does something "wrong" it blows up on this retarded board. Stop acting so high and mighty just because you're affiliated with some venue.

Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:35 pm

i was just pretending to be stoned i dont even have POT

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Captain Caveman wrote:i was just pretending to be stoned i dont even have POT
how can you stay mad at that
Tu vir nunc es, canis

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:53 pm

and for the record i have no complaints about the fact that the show did happen at the mews, i just wish it would have gotten started waaaay sooner.
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:22 pm

elliot wrote:Let's not forget the fact that Building Better Bombs would have sounded awful at Haunted Basement.
Wow, definitely not true at all. I've seen some amazing bands sounds fucking crystal clear at the Haunted Basement (SKELETONBREATH ANYONE? If you don't believe me, go download their set that is uploaded in the other thread and zip your lips.) If a band sounds bad at the Haunted Basement, that would be the bands fault, not the venue. Need I remind you that the Monstro set at this show (BBB) was the worse sounding time I've ever seen you guys play (I already told you this Elliot, and this didn't have much at all to do with Derek doing sound, he has been doing an excellent job from what I've seen/heard)? If a musician is in control of their sound levels and they tweak them just right, they will sound amazing anywhere they play... so, yeah, if you really want to go into that "aspect" of BBB sounding bad at the Haunted Basement, you'd be wrong, as they are amazing musicians and I'm sure they are very capable of getting their gear to sound amazing anywhere they play. And I'm not saying you guys in Monstro are bad musicians at all, I'm saying it's easy to sound bad even when you play at a more established venue like the Vaudeville Mews.

Math: 50x5=250-75=175x.8=$140 made at the door. The last few times I've taken door money at a Haunted Basement show, I always ended up somewhere between $150-$200, and a show like this would've made more around the $200 mark. wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah awh awhahw hawhhawh wha wha wah whatever, fuck it though.

Also, The Forest Floor, my most listened to tape of 2008 (outside of Metallica and stuff). Charles, shut up.
kristy wrote:All this nay-saying is exactly why I feel uncomfortable at the HB. If someone does something "wrong" it blows up on this retarded board. Stop acting so high and mighty just because you're affiliated with some venue.
Whoops. I still go to the Mews all the time, book shows at the Mews, and have a good time at the Mews, but whatever you say. This is 515crew. If this kinda shit didn't happen, I'd be checking this board's pulse.

-Joe.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:44 pm

Derek Lambert rules.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:26 am

Hank Fist wrote:Derek Lambert rules.
No shit.

Taterbug needs to chill.
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

moltar

Post by moltar » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:36 am

kristy wrote:All this nay-saying is exactly why I feel uncomfortable at the HB. If someone does something "wrong" it blows up on this retarded board. Stop acting so high and mighty just because you're affiliated with some venue.
Nay-saying is why you feel uncomfortable? I don't know. If I was you I'd feel uncomfortable here because every girl is out numbered by ten ugly assholes. Yeah and I'm pretty high and mighty. I have a job that's a step bellow recycling cans and a bedroom with three of four walls.

Do me a favor everyone. When Joe beats you at an argument, don't take it out on the HB. We catch enough flack as it is.

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:03 am

moltar, i dont know what youre talking about, wiggins/i are SO good looking. the haunted basement is probably the best place for girls to pick up on hotties like us.

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:41 am

i cant remember the last show i went to where i liked EVERY band that played. this show was great. Thanks Brizzi

Hb doods- I like the HB a LOT. if you want a show there book it. dont complain about shouldas. there is nothing wrong with mews. when you complain about "venues" you remind me of the old marys vs hob krap. if i want to go see a band, i go and i dont care where it is.

Servo- your complaint about starting time is my complaint of HB.

Joe- the moving around stuff, from the few times ive been at HB theres been around 5 people moving. and 10 orso annoyed by it.

sound- its always a personal opinion. no care ever.

i really had fun at this show.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:30 pm

joe b. tellin' you fags like it is.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:33 pm

wish i coulda been at BBB...but i wasnt, and i really wanted to see the tanks...oh well....anyways

i will be the first to say the HB could stand some improvements and some constructive criticism without getting all butt hurt and huffy about it...servo keeps bringing up how he couldnt get into BBB because they didnt play till 130 or so...the same can be said about hte lord green show...the other night
i think also of the criticism that has been brought up in this thread about the hb is relevant...despite all that i appreciate it as a venue and am thankful that it exists, and that its been going for soo long...i really think there needs to be somebody standing in the entrance right by the door with all stickers on it by the bar, taking money to assure everyone pays...i pay something almost everytime...i sometimes just dont have anymoney(but people say shit like 'dood you need to come to this show', so i do), and hope that i sell a record so i can donate something...im still confused about this arguement that it shoulda been at the HB....well,it wasnt...and thats nobodys fault, j.briz. was the one booking the show, he booked it at the mews...were there has been plenty of bitchin' shows....idk, i dont really have anything to say, i just wanted to kill time...quit the whining....the mews is tight, and the hb is tight...both have there ups and downs....this show woulda been best at hairy marys....
oh and about comments about people drinking at the vaudeville mews or whatever...
at the lord green show, these stupid fucking drunk punks fukt all the distro stuff up and ran off with dustins crutches(broken leg), and had no concern what-so-ever.....dont think that i can say that shit like that would have happened at the mews...people tend to be more social drinkers at shows at bars, and more drunk party broish at house shows....its just the way it is...agains ups and downs...lets just hope the hb doesnt burn down because of fireworks being lauched all over the place and near thousands of dollars worth of equipment...i'd hate to be the one responsible for that

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:45 pm

i left way before lord green played because it was way too late.

i feel so fucking old these days
Tu vir nunc es, canis

aeon grey

Post by aeon grey » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:41 pm

Furious D wrote:
Captain Caveman wrote:
servo wrote:*will take d lamb more seriously when garageband recorded elliot smith covers are cool again*
There you go again not knowing what you are talking about. The only thing I have ever recorded on is a 4-track tape recorder. Not that it matters at all, since you are about the last person I will ever be trying to impress. But thanks for the feedback anyway (no pun intended).
When are you going to come to my space and record on my decent rig you tape hissing piece of shit???

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:45 pm

You guys are dumb and are bringing stupid shit into arguments (especially what James has said, again, how is sound criticism relevant at all? Drunk punks woulda fucked with your shit if it was booked at the Mews as well. An HB show would've made the bands more. The other show started later because there was an early show at the Mews. People standing around with drinks in their hands is obviously a characature. I seriously can't stand illogical arguments.)

My only complaint about this show was that it was fucking boring (because of place because of time). That's it. Everyone else brought other stupid fucking shit up after the fact. I chose to argue against shit other people brought up.

When a band gives you energy, I like to see people give it back. I don't like to see people standing the fuck around when a band is going nuts on the stage. It really sucks to know that people are going to scoff at me and think I'm an asshole if I move around or stage dive or whatever at a PUNK SHOW. That's just fucking retarded. THIS IS MY COMPLAINT, AND MY COMPLAINT IS VERY RELEVANT. PLEASE DO NOT BRING INCREDIBLY STUPID FALLACIES UP ANYMORE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

-Joe.

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:56 pm

Joe wrote:When a band gives you energy, I like to see people give it back. I don't like to see people standing the fuck around when a band is going nuts on the stage. It really sucks to know that people are going to scoff at me and think I'm an asshole if I move around or stage dive or whatever at a PUNK SHOW. That's just fucking retarded. THIS IS MY COMPLAINT, AND MY COMPLAINT IS VERY RELEVANT. PLEASE DO NOT BRING INCREDIBLY STUPID FALLACIES UP ANYMORE. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

-Joe.
youre dumb.

but youre right. ive heard from a few out of town bands that they play ia city cause des moines is boring cause everybody just stands there.

leave me alone with my drink in my hand while i stand and watch the band.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:00 pm

All anyone would have to do to find out that something was amiss at this show would be to listen to the Tanks singer's stage banter that night.

"Wow... a lot of blank stares."

God damn it.

-Joe.

joseph

Post by joseph » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Joe wrote:All anyone would have to do to find out that something was amiss at this show would be to listen to the Tanks singer's stage banter that night.

"Wow... a lot of blank stares."

God damn it.

-Joe.
how do you fix it then

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:06 pm

You fucking headbang.

-Joe.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:07 pm

fix it with angel dust, you big dummy
Tu vir nunc es, canis

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:08 pm

Joe wrote:Nice response to valid points.
But yeah, I'm not going to be the one crying after this show doesn't live up to expectations.

-Joe.
you seem to be the one most upset by this all...
jason wrote:Huh?

I had fun. Great show. Totally agree with TJ. I wish it would have been earlier and all ages but we'll work on that next time.
seems like he agrees with rest of you on the time thing...and doesnt he also state that BBB didn't leave minny untill 7pm...

i had no specific criticism in my post, just saying that there could be improvements made to the hb...but like i said if anybody mentions that somebody gets butt hurt...its not my house, so i dont really care...people can live in a shit hole, and shoot fireworks inside, get shit faced drunk and ruin things....and all that, i could care less, i'm not living there, so it shouldnt matter to me what happens to the property there, or if the cops get called on some random ass complaint of 100 firecrackers shooting off, or the place burning down......but to an extent the topic is relevant because everybody keeps bashing one venue or the other...like i said, im happy the hb is there, anyways...i was merely pointing out you can have complaints of people being too boring or to drunk, out of control and disrespectful...both suck equally...but like you said this isn't relevant, perhaps in another thread this could be discussed further...

richie_daggers1

Post by richie_daggers1 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:18 pm

i am a drunk punk

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:20 pm

RICHIE DAGGERS YOURE RUINING IT FOR THE REST OF US
Tu vir nunc es, canis

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:23 pm

I'm not upset. I just like to argue and catch people when they say stupid, stupid shit. The only thing I'm upset about was how boring this show was.

Again and again with your illogical shit you're so good at. Cops getting called because of firecrackers (firecrackers at a punk show? THAT'S FUCKED UP!!)? The place burning down? Hoooooly shit. I mean, what are you trying to say? Good thing the BBB show wasn't at the Haunted Basement because then this place MIGHT HAVE burned down because someone lit a few bottlerockets off at a show sometime in the past and then everyone would've died? What the fuck? If you want to make a dirty laundry list for the HB, that's fine, it's just ridiculous to do it in this thread.

berjerkerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

-Joe.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:23 pm

richie_daggers1 wrote:i am a drunk punk
you should dj more frequently
seriously
super fun! i've only seen you at the catheter show
but it was a good time

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:31 pm

[quote="Joe"]The place burning down? Hoooooly shit. I mean, what are you trying to say? Good thing the BBB show wasn't at the Haunted Basement because then this place MIGHT HAVE burned down because someone lit a few bottlerockets off at a show sometime in the past?
-Joe.[/quote

are you saying there isnt a chance in the world that fireworks could start a fire?that sound fairly illogical to me...but i suppose its a far-fetched concern...i dont care either way...

i'm confused by whats illogical?explain, saying something illogical doesnt neccisarily make it so...i dont care about the firecrackers(i just remember when there was all this concern with cops showing up...apparently thats not relevant anymore)...so anyways, whatever floats yer boat...

and it would only be a dirty laundry list if i was overly concerned, but im not...they can do what they want there, its not my house and not my drama...