Places and Times to Mosh in the Near Future

Moderators: Joe, ABOMB515, Darrin

Captain Caveman

Re: BUILDING BETTER BOMBS (feat. POS) - MEWS - FRI JAN 9TH

Post by Captain Caveman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:38 pm

elliot wrote:
Captain Caveman wrote:you guys are boring

your arguments arent even readable if you are stony so stop because i am stony and trying to read arguments

just listen to taterbug and light a fucking insence stick and just chill the fuck out, Jesus.

"punks vs. jocks"
Dude. No one EVER knows what the hell you're talking about.
yah man totally, my essence flies over old des moines dudes

totally BURNT OUT AT THE STAKE puppy dog

kenny rock

Post by kenny rock » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:43 pm

jjjsXe wrote:
kenny rock wrote:
servo wrote:ska bands need to be brought into this argument

Driving While Stupid is playing the 30th at the mews, and we might have some new songs. come check us!
Only if there is pooping in garbage cans involved

Were you at that show ?

I don't think i will be trying to out do that show for some time.
You know we did a lot of other things in the years we played.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:28 pm

I actually know exactly what Charles is talking about.
I have that gift.

-Joe.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Your amazingly insightful thoughts and awe-inspiring ideas on the current subject at hand have jubilantly rejuvenated my own personal interests in this ever growing struggle to make show-going less uncouth.

I'll save you the trouble:
And again.

EDIT: Although, as I currently see it, interests and discussions in this topic have shifted since pages 3 and 4 when you started your ellipses littered campaign (culminating in your own ever redundant and mundane attack of "and again" against my own postings after my own claim of "boredom"), I do feel the need to point out that it would be fruitless and quite futile for you to continue this charade, if you will, as, pointed out above, the subject that brought you into this thread is no longer being discussed and, based on my own interactions with you as a person over the years, I find it hard to believe you have any interest in discussing the skool of thought known simply as "ska"... instead, you struggle asininely to latch on the bygones of past discussions as the rest of the users in this thread bravely move forward into new territory. It's sad, really.

-Joe.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:36 pm

your silly...
now what?

i still don't get why anything i said was out of hand

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:48 pm

Above post amended.

Currently listening to Arrogant Sons of Bitches.

-Joe.

joseph

Post by joseph » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:52 pm

Joe wrote:Your amazingly insightful thoughts and awe-inspiring ideas on the current subject at hand have jubilantly rejuvenated my own personal interests in this ever growing struggle to make show-going less uncouth.

I'll save you the trouble:
And again.

EDIT: Although, as I currently see it, interests and discussions in this topic have shifted since pages 3 and 4 when you started your ellipses littered campaign (culminating in your own ever redundant and mundane attack of "and again" against my own postings after my own claim of "boredom"), I do feel the need to point out that it would be fruitless and quite futile for you to continue this charade, if you will, as, pointed out above, the subject that brought you into this thread is no longer being discussed and, based on my own interactions with you as a person over the years, I find it hard to believe you have any interest in discussing the skool of thought known simply as "ska"... instead, you struggle asininely to latch on the bygones of past discussions as the rest of the users in this thread bravely move forward into new territory. It's sad, really.

-Joe.
i think he meant "and then"

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:56 pm

perhaps start a ska thread then...

i love elipses...i'll use them all day, and all night
all smiles on my end...

wait, i just reviewed your posts and noticed that you said nothing about ska, untill...
Joe wrote:Above post amended.

Currently listening to Arrogant Sons of Bitches.

-Joe.
which i don't even know if that has anything to do with ska...everything else was directed towards charles(which was part of the intial discussion to an extent) or directed at me...
blantantly confused now

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:00 pm

WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST CHANGE, JAMES?

-Joe.

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:04 pm

obama's not what he's cracked up to be...

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:05 pm

Joe,

Your vocab got huge.

-Hank

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:08 pm

Hank Fist wrote:Joe,

Your vocab got huge.

-Hank
Nah, I just have to dumb it down for all the idiots usually.

-Joe.

Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:10 pm

"I dont even remember things anymore"

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:27 pm

kenny rock wrote:

Were you at that show ?

I don't think i will be trying to out do that show for some time.
You know we did a lot of other things in the years we played.

i wasn't at that show, but i have seen pictures. You might have done other things, but that was the COOOOOOLEST. I did enjoy the duct tape/chris/toilet paper show. Especially cause it was kinda like a high school prom.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

ilikehorses
Fun\Death Dealer

Post by ilikehorses » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:50 pm

i offered to give kenny a catheter on stage. he declined.
Even today, I can't see a car run a red light without instantly having an image flash into my head of a man's erect penis, penetrating a watermelon.

UGH I SUCK

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:43 pm

ilikehorses wrote:i offered to give kenny a catheter on stage. he declined.
you should offer him an enema

jason

Post by jason » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:15 am

this thread, as childish as it is, really breaks my heart.

grow the fuck up and go to shows to support bands, community, your scene, but do not complain unless it's constructive criticism in this case.

i am not taking this personally, mind you, but jesus christ you people.

we are trying to book shows for you. play in bands for you. you can't blame a venue if a crowd doesn't engage with a band, it's the circumstances and primarily the atmosphere, and the crowd brings that atmosphere, and drink/smoke don't really effect this. i think the culture does, but you guys remember who controls that?

we do, every day, on this board, and with the way we act at shows.

can we please be civil and make this a scene and culture that other younger people would want to get involved in? reading through the five pages on this thread makes me upset with all of us, even though i love almost everyone posting on here, at least those i know in person. but at a time where we need to elevate ourselves, this makes all of us look pretty fucking stupid and childish.

get on with it and go fucking play in bands, book shows, write about it, own a venue, post on a messageboard if you really want but QUIT YOUR INCESSANT AND INANE, INSENSITIVE AND UNPRODUCTIVE BITCHING

moltar

Post by moltar » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:24 am

teedotjaydot wrote:
moltar wrote:
teedotjaydot wrote:also, ain't no goddamn way i'd let a bunch of drunk punx fuck shit up at the Mews joe. Where was "the scene" when these assholes were fucking with shit at the HB?
You are about the last person that should be asking this question.
explain yourself.
This question is very poor form. Our friends aka "the scene" are here and donate on a regular basis. This place is a dive on a good day and is going to stay a party house. Also the only people that had problems with Zach Krook throwing fireworks were Servo, Crusty James, and maybe Bartender. But you would know this because you were there, right?

moltar

Post by moltar » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:53 am

Actually doing something will always beat any amount of constructive criticism.

teedotjaydot

Post by teedotjaydot » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:02 am

how was that in any relation to what i originally posted about?

from joe:
Drunk punks woulda fucked with your shit if it was booked at the Mews as well.
were the "drunk punx" zach krook? were his fireworks what stole from the distro? the whole jist of what you quoted me on relayed to joe's assertion that james' distro would've been fucked with @ the mews as well, and you have my response there.

and no, i wasn't there that night, and i don't make it to a lot of shows there. I do go to the HB, donate heavily to every show i attend and always buy merch. But I work a whole lot of hours, and when i do spend my free time there i enjoy every minute of it. this holier than thou attitude from some of you guys may be the reason you don't see some folks come back though.

if you can't handle criticism, of whatever brand, don't get involved...in anything.
i need a shower, a shave and maybe a song with a melody

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:23 pm

moltar wrote:

This question is very poor form. Our friends aka "the scene" are here and donate on a regular basis. This place is a dive on a good day and is going to stay a party house. Also the only people that had problems with Zach Krook throwing fireworks were Servo, Crusty James, and maybe Bartender. But you would know this because you were there, right?
i dont have a problem with them, i just thinks its a bad idea, i dont care though, not my place, as i said...
moltar wrote:Actually doing something will always beat any amount of constructive criticism.
judging by your prior quote, there is nothing wrong or that needs to be done in anyones opinion including yours, so i'll drop my prior arguements...

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Quit complaining everyone. Each venue is fun, just a different kind of fun for each show. Some shows are lame, some shows are not lame, it happens everywhere. Be glad there are these two places to go.

I wasn't at either of these shows but, I doubt either of the shows talked about were really that bad and deserve a thread like this.

And fireworks are ALWAYS fun.

servo
Soul Calibur Loser

Post by servo » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:09 pm

even though invented by the chinese, i hate fireworks because i hate america
Tu vir nunc es, canis

TooManyHumyns

Post by TooManyHumyns » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:27 pm

jjjsXe wrote: I wasn't at either of these shows but, I doubt either of the shows talked about were really that bad and deserve a thread like this.
i wasnt talking shit about any of the shows...just citing the incident, (which did suck)at the lord green show(good show for the most part)
Last edited by TooManyHumyns on Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

inx515xhell

Post by inx515xhell » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:57 pm

servo wrote:aww, you know i hate caps

moltar

Post by moltar » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:18 am

teedotjaydot wrote:how was that in any relation to what i originally posted about?

from joe:
were the "drunk punx" zach krook? were his fireworks what stole from the distro? the whole jist of what you quoted me on relayed to joe's assertion that james' distro would've been fucked with @ the mews as well, and you have my response there.

and no, i wasn't there that night, and i don't make it to a lot of shows there. I do go to the HB, donate heavily to every show i attend and always buy merch. But I work a whole lot of hours, and when i do spend my free time there i enjoy every minute of it. this holier than thou attitude from some of you guys may be the reason you don't see some folks come back though.

if you can't handle criticism, of whatever brand, don't get involved...in anything.
Once I pocket a dime for any of this I'll drop my holier than thou attitude and cater to your every whim. Until then I'll go ahead and spot our bands your semiannual heavy donation so that you guys can use those funds to upgrade your JBLs.

teedotjaydot

Post by teedotjaydot » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:23 am

moltar wrote:
teedotjaydot wrote:how was that in any relation to what i originally posted about?

from joe:

Once I pocket a dime for any of this I'll drop my holier than thou attitude and cater to your every whim. Until then I'll go ahead and spot our bands your semiannual heavy donation so that you guys can use those funds to upgrade your JBLs.
you're amazing.

seriously with that shit?

awesome.

what's a JBL?
i need a shower, a shave and maybe a song with a melody

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:23 pm

TooManyHumyns wrote:\i wasnt talking shit about any of the shows...just citing the incident, (which did suck)at the lord green show(good show for the most part)
I'd just like to point out... August 4th, 2008, you were SO QUICK in defending Cross Examination over fucking up the Haunted Basement even though you weren't present, and now when those dudes come back and you're actually present for the situation, you're being a whiny crybaby about it.

WAH WAH WAH.

-Joe.