moltar

Re: Too Pure To Die- Vaudeville Mews Feb. 21st

Post by moltar » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:25 am

Those are some pure dudes!

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:53 am

Very nice guys who share a practice space with us. They get nothin but love from me.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:46 pm

might as well have taken a picture of themselves in the weight room doing the military press. then they would have actually had a reason to be flexing their big muscles(i hope this doesn't get the "courage crew" out for me..i hear they don't like internet talk). you are only really hardcore if you are really fat, or obscenely skinny, that is what i hear. buff dudes look goofy in tight jeans
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:54 pm

courage crew doesn't like TPTD.
but, yeah, STUPID picture.

-Joe.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:24 pm

lambgoat.com's review of latest straight edge bs record:

Confidence and Consequence
Trustkill Records

OUR RATING - 2 /10

On Confidence and Consequence, Iowa moshcore quintet Too Pure To Die accomplish a rather impressive feat, creating a hardcore record that sounds completely devoid of passion. From the opening title track to the not-so-grand finale of "What's Left," the album captures the sound of a band phoning it in on all fronts and why Trustkill would deem this thing worthy of a re-release is honestly anyone's guess.

Too Pure To Die's problems begin early on Confidence and Consequence with the re-recorded vocals of new frontman Paul Zurlo. It's hard to imagine the rest of the band actually thought it would be a good idea to hand this guy a microphone, as he sounds alternately like Mudvayne's Chad Gray pretending to be a hardcore singer and the last place contestant in a Phil Anselmo impersonator contest. In fact, the whole album reeks of embarrassing nu metal-isms mixed with subpar Pantera worship, tired breakdowns and a guitar tone that sounds like it was lifted wholesale from Slipknot's first album.

Not even budding uber-producer Andreas Magnusson (The Black Dahlia Murder, Oh Sleeper, Becoming the Archetype), who re-mixed and re-mastered the disc, could breath any life into Confidence and Consequence and it's pretty easy to see why. The hardcore-by-numbers playing and song composition are at best rudimentary and the whole album lacks impact of any kind. The short songs whiz by without leaving any sort of impression and one gets the feeling that the members of Too Pure To Die aren't really too concerned whether or not anyone is actually listening. From the nonexistent songwriting to the flat production and equally flat performances, it's almost as if the band are either out to sabotage themselves or somehow managed to get signed long before they were anywhere near ready to perform at the level they've attained.

Bottom Line: There are many major problems with Confidence and Consquence but the most glaring flaw here is that the band sounds completely and utterly bored with what they're doing. If the band doesn't care about its own material, why should anyone else? Unless you have some strange urge to hear what an untalented version of Pantera sounds like when crossbred with an equally untalented version of Hatebreed while playing through demo-era Slipknot's guitar rigs, avoid this sonic abortion at all costs.

LOL. :lol:

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:14 pm

jjjsXe wrote:might as well have taken a picture of themselves in the weight room doing the military press. then they would have actually had a reason to be flexing their big muscles(i hope this doesn't get the "courage crew" out for me..i hear they don't like internet talk). you are only really hardcore if you are really fat, or obscenely skinny, that is what i hear. buff dudes look goofy in tight jeans

I think it's funny when people talk shit about people for having muscles. I bet they all feel really ashamed they can't fit into size 28 pants with punk rock patches and that their bench press is somewhere in the triple digits :oops: Sweet insults, Jordan. Why don't you just make fun of them for having big dicks while you're at it.

Anyways, Too Pure To Die. I really like "We Are A Weapon". I didn't care for that last album and I don't care to hear this newest album. I like to pretend that TPTD didn't do anything after "We Are A Weapon" and say they're one of my favorite local bands. Fact: You can occasionally see me at the gym sporting a sleeveless TPTD shirt. That's hardcore.

xkristyx
I <3 Pizza

Post by xkristyx » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:56 pm

As a girl, I'd like to chime in and say that huge muscles/thick necks are disgusting. Totttally not impressed, especially when you wear tight t-shirts with fake wrinkles and bleach splatters. And when you go to parties and try to dance on random girls. (anyone getting this?) I'm just saying this to cover up my love for Varg, btw.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:13 pm

xkristyx wrote:As a girl, I'd like to chime in and say that huge muscles/thick necks are disgusting. Totttally not impressed, especially when you wear tight t-shirts with fake wrinkles and bleach splatters. And when you go to parties and try to dance on random girls. (anyone getting this?).

No, I can't say I've ever had dudes with thick necks and/or huge muscles in tight bleach splattered shirts try to dance on me at a party.

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:36 pm

Quit lyin'. You know you get grinded on at Joeseppi's by all the huge gumbas and miates'.

xkristyx
I <3 Pizza

Post by xkristyx » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:54 pm

El Rhino wrote:
xkristyx wrote:As a girl, I'd like to chime in and say that huge muscles/thick necks are disgusting. Totttally not impressed, especially when you wear tight t-shirts with fake wrinkles and bleach splatters. And when you go to parties and try to dance on random girls. (anyone getting this?).

No, I can't say I've ever had dudes with thick necks and/or huge muscles in tight bleach splattered shirts try to dance on me at a party.
Well... it's not very cool.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:02 pm

jjjsXe wrote:might as well have taken a picture of themselves in the weight room doing the military press. then they would have actually had a reason to be flexing their big muscles(i hope this doesn't get the "courage crew" out for me..i hear they don't like internet talk). you are only really hardcore if you are really fat, or obscenely skinny, that is what i hear. buff dudes look goofy in tight jeans
I heard Too Pure To Die wasn't straight-edge anymore.

Clarifications anyone?
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:19 pm

There are no mayates or more appropriately, moolies, at Joseppe's.

xkristyx
I <3 Pizza

Post by xkristyx » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:24 pm

El Rhino wrote:There are no mayates or more appropriately, moolies, at Joseppe's.
I'm unfamiliar with these epithets, please essplain.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:30 pm

Mayate is a Mexican slur for blacks. It's literally a bug or something. "Moolie" is an Italian slur for blacks. It comes from the word for "eggplant", which is something close to "moolie". Beaver can't spell en Espanol. Pinche coconut!

Beaver

Post by Beaver » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:12 pm

El Rhino wrote:Mayate is a Mexican slur for blacks. It's literally a bug or something. "Moolie" is an Italian slur for blacks. It comes from the word for "eggplant", which is something close to "moolie". Beaver can't spell en Espanol. Pinche coconut!

DAMN IT! I knew it was fucked. I did find out something rather funny though. Nigger doesn't translate and is virtually universal. LOLS. Unless rhino proves me wrong again.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:20 pm

No, I think that term is like a Visa card or a black suit; it will take you anywhere.

moltar

Post by moltar » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:06 am

xkristyx wrote:As a girl, I'd like to chime in and say that huge muscles/thick necks are disgusting.
Lie to yourself all you want. Muscles get you top tear chicks. Without them or general big dick mentality you're really playing contact hitter. As contact hitter, the pitches you're looking for are indie, goth, or stoner girls. Just watch Conan the Barbarian. People bring that guy women to bed.

This thread has inspired me to check this band out.

Thom

Post by Thom » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:11 am

Walking Thunder wrote:
I heard Too Pure To Die wasn't straight-edge anymore.

Clarifications anyone?

As far as I'm aware they are no longer a straight edge band.

members of the band are, but as a whole they no longer take a stance on the issue.

That's what I've been led to believe anyways.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:32 am

btw, the new lead singer is pretty "swoll", but it's not like the rest of the band is up for Mr. Olympia or anything.

jjjsXe

Post by jjjsXe » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:18 pm

El Rhino wrote:

I think it's funny when people talk shit about people for having muscles. I bet they all feel really ashamed they can't fit into size 28 pants with punk rock patches and that their bench press is somewhere in the triple digits :oops: Sweet insults, Jordan. Why don't you just make fun of them for having big dicks while you're at it.

i was merely poking fun at the funny tough looking pose in the flier. and i do think it does look funny when huge dudes wear tight clothing. im sorry im not so good with the insults, i suppose i should work on that til they meet your approval? i just take what is given to me. i could care less what they bench press, i just find their promo picture funny. ill bet they feel like they have big dicks because they have big muscles but they don't want to walk around wearing speedos so they just wear tight shirts that show off their biceps.

maybe you guys can wear your tptd shirts in the weight room together sometime.
abortions for some, miniature american flags for others

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:44 am

Once again, those guys aren't THAT big.

That's not even a real "tough guy" pose. If you want to see a good example of tough guy posing, check any NYHC hardcore band or better yet, look at Rancid. They're always trying to pose like they're a bunch of homies.

I think you're a little jealous, Jordan. Grab a Too Pure To Die shirt, get a buzz cut and lift some weights, pussy.

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Sat Feb 02, 2008 5:59 pm

1. racism isnt funny
2. sure, tptd has gone downhill, but ive been told that they will be playing somewhat of a throwback set (obviously with the exception of a few songs). this should be a good show, its their first time back in dsm in over a year and a half. lets make it count.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:15 pm

xkristyx wrote:
El Rhino wrote:There are no mayates or more appropriately, moolies, at Joseppe's.
I love black people.

Joe
Video Game Elitist

Post by Joe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:27 am

Joey Chaos wrote:
xkristyx wrote:
Niggers.
Ban this fucking idiot.

-Joe.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:03 pm

Yep, you're right, It must be ok for you to be anti racist, but it's appalling for me to be the opposite. You fucking hypocrite...........

Furious D

Post by Furious D » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:06 pm

OH MY GOD. I can't believe I just read that.
....just kidding.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:10 pm

Everyone can believe whatever they want, Joe has no more right to bad mouth my beliefs than I do his.