straight edge show?

Post by joseph » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:34 am

does anyone know anything about this?
from http://vaudevillemews.com/

Wed, 03/05 5:30 pm

music (rock/metal/hardcore)

Liferuiner
with Sea Of Treachery and A Well Thought Tragedy
Liferuiner is a STRAIGHT EDGE band; a hard-touring crew hailing from the North. They live to tour and have spent the last few years touring Canada and the US relentlessly. With a new Full Length coming out April 10th, LIFERUINER are poised to take over in 2007 - with several major North American tours in store, and their sights set on both Europe & Australia, LIFERUINER are ready to take their place as the legends they have become.

$8 day of show

elliot
Represent!

Re: straight edge show?

Post by elliot » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:47 am

Liferuiner are mostly notorious for their fat, ugly, but somehow womanizing singer who has apparently been accused of rape by several girls, because every time their name is mentioned on Lambgoat, people respond with "Liferaper."

Also, they're not very good.

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:57 am

elliot wrote:Liferuiner are mostly notorious for their fat, ugly, but somehow womanizing singer who has apparently been accused of rape by several girls, because every time their name is mentioned on Lambgoat, people respond with "Liferaper."

so theyre a earth crysis tribute? im goin.

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:45 pm

joseph wrote:
elliot wrote:Liferuiner are mostly notorious for their fat, ugly, but somehow womanizing singer who has apparently been accused of rape by several girls, because every time their name is mentioned on Lambgoat, people respond with "Liferaper."

so theyre a(n) earth crysis tribute? im goin.
oh you.

joseph

Post by joseph » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:48 pm

i am. im goin. nate told me he'll be working.

kylervk

Post by kylervk » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:05 am

nain played with these dudes not too long ago. show went really well. promoter stiffed us though. "no name booking". kinda shitty.

wonder how this went. anyone get raped?

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:15 am

i cant remember any of the band names.

the first band griped about playing first" i guess with the weather as bad as it is we get to be your opening band"and then 2nd to last song "hope we were a good show starter for you". they brought lights and risers. RISERS- so the guitar players could stand on. basically like a stage monitor. they were not very good.

second band i dont have much memory of. they were better than the first but i... now i remember they were the "new" edge, they played metal then broke it down to hardcore jig jigs. the singer was the first to mention straight edge. they were decent as musicians the bass player looked really bored tho.

third band was from cincinnati. i am very biased of bands from Ohio. ive never seen a bad band from there. ive seen bands i didnt like but ive never seen a band that wasnt good at what they did from ohio. they were what i would call straight edge hardcore. maybe 1995ish style. they were by far the best band that played(they had intensity) and they were cut short for liferuiner....

Liferuiner, was ... stupid. the begining was guitar/bass players jumping up and down in unison. and i mean up down up down up down for 10-15 times. the singer was trying to as well but everytime he jumped he came down slanted. their songs were boring, nothing really happened. the singer mentioned the "edge life" but it was alot tamer than i was hoping for.

there was some windmills and stuff going on. bunch of KIDS ive never seen before(thats not saying much). Nate played dri, minor threat, sick of it all and i got to witness kids asking each other who is this? which is expected at a young crowd show. and it was 8 bucks. and every band used liferuiners backline. i guess theyre sponsored by basson(?) cabinets. they didnt sound very good. and for full stacks they were quiet. i didnt look close enough at the amps they were in racks...

yes i felt old.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:18 am

i forgot to mention that liferuiners singer skipped across the stage. back and forth. i dont think he realized that he was skipping ...

elliot
Represent!

Post by elliot » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:46 am

Sounds exactly like what I would have expected. Glad I didn't go, even though I would have had someone to make fun of everyone with.

joseph

Post by joseph » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:07 pm

i actually enjoyed myself. it was better than sitting at home watching television.