Jizzmopper

A true American hero in the 515

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:41 am

I poop on Petland!

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Re: A true American hero in the 515

Post by Hank Fist » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:09 am

a man put a pistol to his head and demanded cash. Spiers said he grabbed the gun, simultaneously pulling his own weapon and opening fire. When the robber ran away, Spiers called police.
kind of a risky move, grabbing a gun held against your head. balls.

JoePreppy
Go Go Gadget Shoe Phone

Post by JoePreppy » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:12 am

Vonnie Walbert, vice president of human resources at Pizza Hut's corporate offices in Dallas. "We prohibit employees from carrying guns because we believe that that is the safest for everybody."
heh, maybe not shithead

moltar

Post by moltar » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:56 pm

Dude deserves to be shot. Pizza delivery is bad enough without looking down any barrels.

DARKBASS

Post by DARKBASS » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:21 pm

Someone willing to rob a pizza delivery man by gun point is either really stupid or crazy, or some combination of both......The would be thief is lucky that the pizza guy (seems to have)knew how to handle his weapon or he could have easily gotten killed himself.

all for 20-200 bucks and some pizza........
Last edited by DARKBASS on Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MARK'O'WAR

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:27 pm

"I don't understand why the pizza delivery guy had a gun," she said. "And even if the other guy was trying to rob him, it's a measly 20 bucks. At least that's how much our drivers have on them."
Hmmm. . . Don't forget that the delivery man could have been killed.
-John
Doomed to endure and prevail.

moltar

Post by moltar » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:56 pm

Aren't you really rolling the dice whether you do something or not under gunpoint?

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:18 pm

"Howe's co-worker Kimberly Babis said Spiers should not have been armed on the job, no matter what the safety concern. She said most drivers have the right to refuse a delivery if they feel it could pose danger."

I KNEW it was suspicious when they wanted Pepperoni AND Sausage....

Good job DSMR, I think you actually did your p.o.v. a disservice by interviewing that nitwit.

On another note, I'm really surprised all the anti-gun people here havn't been bitching about the fact that it said the kid already had a prior concealed weapons charge against him. First off, he's not even 21....and secondly, I have a sneaking suspicion that the gun(s) he used in this attempted robbery are the same one(s) he got caught with before. However, that may not be the case.

I'm surprised they only suspended the driver, I was convinced they were gonna fire him when I heard about this earlier in the week.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:57 pm

That shooting was about two blocks from my house and a shitty area.

Serves the little cocksucker right. If Pizza Hut cans this guy, Big T should pick him up.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:16 pm

moltar wrote:Aren't you really rolling the dice whether you do something or not under gunpoint?
If you're referring to me, then yeah you're right. It just sounds heartless to me that the guy could've been murdered and all she commentates on is the "measly 20 bucks". It'd be a shitty way to go.
-John

Bullet Tooth
One Man Wall of Death

Post by Bullet Tooth » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:11 pm

sounds like the driver needs some target practice.

moltar

Post by moltar » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:44 pm

Walking Thunder wrote:
moltar wrote:Aren't you really rolling the dice whether you do something or not under gunpoint?
If you're referring to me, then yeah you're right. It just sounds heartless to me that the guy could've been murdered and all she commentates on is the "measly 20 bucks". It'd be a shitty way to go.
Yeah, I read something into that last post that wasn't there. I think it's because I loathed my delivery job and expected my viewpoint to be skewed rather than everyone on the same page.

Walking Thunder

Post by Walking Thunder » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:33 pm

I've never been a delivery man, but I've had my fair share of food service jobs. They're no fun.
-John

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:08 pm

"I don't understand why the pizza delivery guy had a gun," she said. "And even if the other guy was trying to rob him, it's a measly 20 bucks. At least that's how much our drivers have on them."

That's how much they get for a bank at the beginning of the shift, bitch. After taking a few runs they have a pocket full of cash, and that's what makes them easy targets.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:32 pm

Update http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/p ... S/80330006

I knew a guy who lived in ine of those apartment complexes back there. It's all about the crack and the meth. City Council Asshole Brian Meyer is worried about the taco wagons when he's got that shit in his ward. All those apartments need to be bulldozed and have strip clubs put in their place.
I poop on Petland!

Varg
Failed DMACC

Post by Varg » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:22 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote: All those apartments need to be bulldozed and have strip clubs put in their place.

Seconded.
---success in social interaction lies in making them afraid to see you disapprove

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:05 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:
I knew a guy who lived in ine of those apartment complexes back there. It's all about the crack and the meth. City Council Asshole Brian Meyer is worried about the taco wagons when he's got that shit in his ward. All those apartments need to be bulldozed and have strip clubs put in their place.

I'm going to kind of agree with you there. If you ask anyone who lives in this area that isn't receiving a welfare check what are the problems facing this neighborhood, those apartment complexes and all things associated are going to be at the top, if not the top of the list. The taco wagons will not make the list (although the taco wagoneers might). The people who owned those apartment complexes (at least last I checked) are shady as fuck and I'd like to see some pressure put on them. I hope I can make the next neighborhood association meeting, I wonder what sort of things they say about the apartments.

Of course not everyone who lives in one of those complexes is a scumbag, there just happens to be an extremely high concentration of them.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:05 am

El Rhino wrote:The people who owned those apartment complexes (at least last I checked) are shady as fuck and I'd like to see some pressure put on them.
Hubbell Apartments, which manages the Sutton Hill complex.

btw....had a burrito at the taco wagon on E 14th and Maury. It was fuckin' awesome!
I poop on Petland!

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:36 am

Bullet Tooth wrote:sounds like the driver needs some target practice.
no shit, i smell law suit.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:49 pm

Everyone needs to call the SE 14th Pizza Hut and ask for a large pepperoni and some Smith & Wesson on the side. 285-3500
I poop on Petland!

Wheatstache
Superhero

Post by Wheatstache » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:58 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:Everyone needs to call the SE 14th Pizza Hut and ask for a large pepperoni and some Smith & Wesson on the side. 285-3500
Yeah, that'd be funny!!!![/sarcasm]
Seriously

Hank Fist
Shaolin

Post by Hank Fist » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:06 pm

i wish they'd report the caliber of pistola, the paper today says he got shot 3 times, but was released yesterday.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:37 pm

Big Fat Retard wrote:
El Rhino wrote:The people who owned those apartment complexes (at least last I checked) are shady as fuck and I'd like to see some pressure put on them.
Hubbell Apartments, which manages the Sutton Hill complex.

btw....had a burrito at the taco wagon on E 14th and Maury. It was fuckin' awesome!

Ok, I remember/think they used to be owned by Clarke Companies, which had a reputation of being some shitty people to deal with. I believe these people are the ones who initially decided to take in a fuckload of section 8.

Joey Chaos
Destroy!

Post by Joey Chaos » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:49 pm

Hank Fist wrote:i wish they'd report the caliber of pistola, the paper today says he got shot 3 times, but was released yesterday.
Most likely a 9mm. Honestly, as long as not the chest or head, they could have all been flesh wounds. The one to his side could have been bad if it hit his liver, but he would have died within an hour if it had. Broken bones and stitches aren't that big of a deal to the guys waiting to haul you jail.

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:06 pm

El Rhino wrote: I hope I can make the next neighborhood association meeting,

The neighborhood association meeting was tonight. It was kind of cool and I hope to go to more of these meetings and/or be more involved with them.

Anyways, Mr. Reeferseed, the topic of the taco wagons were brought up. They talked about how the media spun the story to make it out to be a race issue and people were more worried about is the "sneaker fairy" and so-on. You know, the dude with wizard and motorcycle blankets and American flags with Indians on them and just wanted the taco wagons to be properly liscensed and regulated. I guess virtually every other city in the area has strict regulations against this and even places like NYC and Chicago have more strict regulations against those kinds of vendors than we do.

I stood up for the skateboarders at the abandoned Osco when someone tried to blame graffitti on them. I had to correct him and point the finger at the Mexicans (it did say "Surenos 13" after all).

Oh, and once again we made the gang file this year as they have "skinheads" listed as one of the 30 or so active gangs in the city. Good work, lads. Way to keep it cochino

noel_nothing

Post by noel_nothing » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:57 pm

El Rhino wrote:
El Rhino wrote: I hope I can make the next neighborhood association meeting,
I stood up for the skateboarders at the abandoned Osco when someone tried to blame graffitti on them. I had to correct him and point the finger at the Mexicans (it did say "Surenos 13" after all).
nice work. i'm sure the little old ladies weren't satisfied though.

Big Fat Retard
Jizzmopper

Post by Big Fat Retard » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:45 am

El Rhino wrote:Anyways, Mr. Reeferseed, the topic of the taco wagons were brought up. They talked about how the media spun the story to make it out to be a race issue and people were more worried about is the "sneaker fairy" and so-on. You know, the dude with wizard and motorcycle blankets and American flags with Indians on them and just wanted the taco wagons to be properly liscensed and regulated.
It's good to know that the real Southsiders support the taco wagons. Fuck Brian Meyer and his Easter Lake pansies that whine about how embarrassed they are when their friends have to drive down SE 14th to get to their tax abatement (welfare) houses. The Wizard rug and bootleg tennis shoes people, I could give a fuck less about. They just sell nuthin' but crap anyway. What we need is vendors selling cool shit like records, old school stereos and bongs on SE 14th. Some Korean whorehouses would be nice too.

A couple updates on the pizza driver http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/p ... 01028/1001

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/p ... 01008/1001
I poop on Petland!

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:10 am

Big Fat Retard wrote:
It's good to know that the real Southsiders support the taco wagons. Fuck Brian Meyer and his Easter Lake pansies that whine about how embarrassed they are when their friends have to drive down SE 14th to get to their tax abatement (welfare) houses.

No, no, no. You read that all wrong. No one really supports the roach coaches. Most people just want to see them monitored, some people want to see them completely gone and some people want to leave them alone. Personally, I'd rather see them meet the criteria that a liscensing would merit. Also if they want to stay in the same fucking spot every day, they should have to pay a tax, just like their competitors in the brick & mortar restaurants have to on their property.

SE 14th is a dump and it's gone way downhill in the past ten years. It never was nice, per say, but something really needs to be done there. Brian Meyer and any of us who live in this area have every fucking right to complain about it. Until they level the trailer courts and stop taking section 8 in the numbers they do in the nearby apartments it's going to be shitty. Fortunately I think the trailer courts are about to go and hopefully cheaper housing opens up somewhere else in the city.

I don't see why you're so up in arms about Brian Meyer and how big of a hard-on you have for the taco wagons. Are they really that great? I understand you do have enough blubber on your ass to feed an eskimo family for a week, but are they really that important to you?

Heshua

Post by Heshua » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:35 am

I've worked with several mexicans (like true just-hopped-the-fucking-border-last-week) and they all say that those are the only "true" or "authentic" tacos they've eaten in the states. closest thing to genuine mexican grub. they say any trailer you go to has genuine tacos. i was like "but dude, tasty tacos!" and they just shook their heads no. but i'm too afraid to eat the trailer tacos. so i can see why they are so dear to some.
El Oh El

El Rhino
515 Ambassador

Post by El Rhino » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:26 am

"Authentic" doesn't always equate "good" in my book. I know I'd rather have Panda Express than whatever they actually eat in China and Tasty Tacos, whether "authentic" or not, suits my taste buds more than places that tout being "authentic" (that dump next to Hairy Mary's, Angel, places I've been to in California, etc). For one, I don't care for the tortillas that most "authentic" places use. I can't pin down what exactly they are (a flour/corn blend?), but they've got an overpowering bland taste as opposed to the more neutral taste of other places. Maybe one of the "foodies" here can tell me what I'm talking about.

White people and Mexican food are kind of funny. Many people think of themselves as being real aficionados (yes, I did have to loook that one up) of Mexican food, with all kinds of authority on what's "authentic" and what's not. Lots of white people do shit like go to some semi-divey Mexican restaurant, smile real big and ask the waiter if they have <insert mildly decent regional Mexican speciality they know good and well they don't make> and then tell them about how they had <insert that food here> in Cancun last year and how much they miss "real, authentic Mexican food" to establish some sort of "hey, I think I know what I'm talking about!" understanding with the restaurant staff. Then they'll eat some food that gets a 5 on scale of 10 and rave about how great and authentic it was, then tell their friends about how adventurous, cultured and daring they are to eat at a place that isn't Carlos O' Kelly's. I dare one of those fuckers to go eat at the restaurant/car lot just north of Park Ave and SE 14th.

BBQ people can be like that too. I know some in KC that are top-notch dudes, but some can be real assholes, like trying to grill the "pit master" about techniques used, saying shit like "that ain't real bbq" about stuff they don't like and so-on. I read something on the internet about this dude who went to KC BBQ and tried to tear the place apart over some small details. Do you want a $7 sandwich or not? Fuck....

I guess it's cool that people take some things like that seriously, but it gets a little out of hand.

Anyways, speaking of Mexican food, I really like Fiesta Cancun. They've got this platter of marinated meats (steak, chicken breast, pork and chorizo), peppers, onions, enchiladas, beans and all the fixin's for $15 for one, $25 for two people and it's fucking outstanding.